Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ultimate Thoughts On Trixie?

YoungJustice12334

The reasons of why I don't like Trixie is the fact that She built her ego on a foundation of lies and deceit, along with Bullying and provoking other ponies to satiate her pride, and chose to punish a town, which was Ponyville, that DARED to suggest that maybe she wasn't nearly as great and powerful as she thought she was, and The only thing Trixie was Great and Powerful at was being Arrogant and Unbearable and I couldn't stand an egomaniac like her.

There are two types of braggers, those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. AJ, RD, Rarity & Twi can at least walk, and while Trixie being all talk is technically part of her job, she took it too far at several points. When confronted on her supposed "greatness" Trixie defended herself against Rainbow's heckling was telling her lie about the Ursa Major, then started calling ponies on stage to humiliate when her audience, ”her entire audience”, didn't give her a standing ovation after she claimed to be the "best in Ponyville", with only Snips and Snails praising her.

Trixie said "anything you can do I can do better" she was expected to do just that, but she didn't:

1. She challenged ponies to show off their talents
2. Didn't actually attempt to out-do them in anything they do, but instead, attempt to publicly humiliate them.

AJ shows off roping prowess and ropes apple.
Trixie ties her up, stuffs apple in mouth.
Not doing AJ's trick better

Dash shows off flying, creating a rainbow.
Trixie attacks her with the rainbow.
Again, not actually doing it better

Rarity clothes herself.
Trixie turns her mane into a sewer rat's nest.

Once again, that's not actually doing it better. If she really wanted to turn their own talents against then she'd:

Lasso more apples than AJ.

Actually use RD's rainbow and have it mimic her stunts while adding a little flair to them via fireworks or something.

Simply use a spell on her own cape to give it more flair or simply made her dress prettier than it already was.

But instead she just cheated by embarrassing them off the stage and back out of her own challenge.

While I understand the whole "traveler spreading tall tales" thing being part of her act, she loses sympathy points because of her "anything you can do I can do better" challenge. Not mention that they called her out since she gloating about something she didn't do, plus she didn't really do anything that spectacular aside from basic magic, which really isn't a big deal in a world where it's a part of everyday life, it's not like she was pulling off Starlight Glimmer level spells or anything.

Bottom Line: When you boast, it's better to boast about things you can actually accomplish, and when you challenge someone, you don't back out of it by embarrassing said challenger, that doesn't make you better it just makes you look like a pathetic, cowardly, cheater. Trixie's actions were uncalled for, she simply cheated and attacked her hecklers instead of owning up to her own challenge. If she can't do that then she's technically more in the wrong than the Mane three.

I'm sorry but In MLP I kind of hate ponies that are characterized by Ego and Pride. Her redemption didn't help because to me it was forced, and to me, her friendship with Starlight Glimmer, who was the worst reformed villain, was kind of a Toxic relationship in my eyes and didn't help improve her at all, it made her more annoying to me than anything.

The episode "All Bottled Up" was one of the reasons why I Hated Trixie. It doesn't make it any better to come back to it since it basically all but proves how much of a toxic dynamic Starlight and Trixie have grown to see in the show. In this instance, it wasn't just because of Starlight in the episode, but Trixie herself for her overbearing smugness and insensitive ignorance to Starlight's growing frustration while they were trying to find the map.

I'll be honest, I may not care much for Starlight on her own and I consider her redemption arc to be written terribly but even I found her treatment in the episode to be unfair and terrible...And I was just sick of Trixie. The Mane 6 didn't fare any better with them being derailed into cheesy cliches of themselves in some forgettable side plot about exploring some friendship adventure or whatever, so there's very little else for me to enjoy about this episode to give it much of a pass.

Trixie to me was the most obnoxious & egotistical character in MLP. I'm sorry, but Trixie to me is nothing more than an obnoxious show-off who's too damn smug for her own good. She's also a cheater and a bragger, and The only thing she was Great and Powerful at was being Arrogant and Unbearable and I couldn't stand an egomaniac like her. 

The Boast Busters episode, which was her first appearance, never had me like her as A character either. To me, the only thing the character was great and powerful at was bothering me and just being a pain in the ass. Even though she was the focus of only two episodes recently, she really left a bad mark on me. In Boast Busters, she exaggerated her fantasies that led to trouble and in Magic Duel, she became corrupted for the purpose of getting revenge on Twilight from BB. (And she used Snips and Snails as they were her slaves)

It's already bad enough we had to have that egomaniac shoved down our throats, but once she came back and befriended Starlight, Trixie to me was the same old annoying pain in the ass who never seemed to learn her lesson. I was never a fan of the episode "All Bottled Up" but it makes me wonder why characters like Starlight Glimmer would see the good in her. I'm sorry if I offended you too much if you're A Trixie fan, but I just think she's an arrogant, stuck-up bitch who only brags about how wonderful she is when really, she sucks.

Rainbow Dash may be a show-off at times, but at least she's honest about herself. Rainbow Dash Can be smug, but the main difference between Rainbow Dash and Trixie is that when Rainbow Dash brags she can be able to Back Up her boasting and can actually do what she claims she can do. Sure, Rainbow Dash can be a loudmouth bragger, but at least when she brags, she does it within her own range of talent. Trixie, on the other hand, brags outside of it and never owns up to it.

Trixie always make her ridiculous claim of "anything you can do I can do better", and she was expected to do that, but she can't. Rainbow Dash can actually back up her boasts on the spot, and she doesn't issue any challenges as she knows she's not capable of owning up to.

Sure she's a bragger, but she's a bragger that can actually act on any of her boasts. Trixie does not do that, and Rainbow isn't stupid enough to simply take credit for something she didn't do. Bragging outside of your skill range will only get you so far until you're backed into a corner and forced to actually act on those claims, Trixie couldn't act on them so she cheated her way out and instead just attacked them directly.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of get annoyed with Rainbow Dash's boasting, but at least she backs up her boasts at the spot, and she doesn't issue any challenges as she knows she isn't capable of going against. Sure she's a bragger, but she's the type of bragger that can act on her boasts. And even after I saw "No Second Prances", I just couldn't bring myself to even like or relate to Trixie. I still didn't like the "All Bottled Up" episode, & while I'm not a huge fan of Starlight, Even I was getting tired of Trixie's awful attitude like She was.

Don't get me started on her behavior in "A Horse Shoe-In" didn't make her any better, in my opinion, Trixie was incredibly obnoxious throughout the whole episode. Just like Starlight, Trixie was nothing of A special character in the show, to say the least.

Do you agree or disagree with my reasoning of Why I Don't Like Trixie?

• Brohoof 1

If I had to actually deal with a Trixie in real life, she’d drive me nuts.

But as it stands, she’s a comedic cartoon character that makes me laugh. She’s like a Daffy Duck type in a way. Daffy Duck’s a jerk, but he’s a hilarious jerk.

Trixie entertains me, so I’m cool with her.

• Brohoof 7

4 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

But as it stands, she’s a comedic cartoon character that makes me laugh. She’s like a Daffy Duck type in a way. Daffy Duck’s a jerk, but he’s a hilarious jerk.

I respect your opinion, but I still don't like Trixie. She's nothing more than an Egomaniac to me, and shewas the most obnoxious & egotistical character in MLP to me. I'm sorry, but Trixie to me is nothing more than an obnoxious show-off who's too damn smug for her own good. She's also a cheater and a bragger, and The only thing she was Great and Powerful at was being Arrogant and Unbearable and I just can't stand her. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

She did redeem herself, and HELPED SAVE EQUESTRIA! She has become a very good friend for Starlight. Everyone has an annoying friend that they still love.

celestial_advice.png

That's quite true.

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

The Daffy Duck connection makes sense

• Brohoof 1

I don’t hate Trixie. She is a bit annoying and likes to brag but she is really a loyal friend underneath. She is similar to Rainbow Dash in that sense even though I despise Rainbow Dash. I can see why some people don’t like her, though. I get it.

FE641333-7BA7-467C-9BBA-902B85DD71E7.gif

• Brohoof 2

The only thing Trixie is "Great and Powerful" at is failing more consistently than any other character in entertainment history at referring to herself in first-person.

Well, that, and drawing suicidally-dumb Pinky-and-the-Brain-impersonating fanboys...

Edited by Jett Skyheed

She was an annoying character in her first debut episode but after No Second Prance she become my favorite character of the show. Trixie is kind of jerk character in entertaining ways, Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, has occasional jerk moments but in term of people called character inconsistency. Trixie stays consistent throughout the series even after she redeemed herself. Heck, she is not even that jerky if you compare to Discord or RD in some episodes. She was a misunderstood character even in her first episode. Trixie is kind of jerk character with the heart of gold.

• Brohoof 1

Trixie is an awful character, you are objectively right.  

Don't get your hopes up. I may not be the biggest fan of her, but I have to point out that she's supposed to be awful. That's the entire point of her character, she makes you laugh because you just can't believe how far her head is up her plot. If you don't like characters like her, cool. But they are far from just an MLP thing. They're just a staple of comedy, especially dark comedy. :maud:

10 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

She did redeem herself, and HELPED SAVE EQUESTRIA! She has become a very good friend for Starlight. Everyone has an annoying friend that they still love.

celestial_advice.png

I See why you may think that, but That doesn't make me like her that much from the reasons I just stated.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of the "To Where and back Again" storyline.  When Starlight discovers a big elaborate plot that involved all of the Mane 6, royals and loved ones getting kidnapped, she starts up a team between herself, Trixie, Discord and Thorax of all people to try and save them. I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care much for this finale.

I really hated the way they had to dumb down basically every other important main lead aside from Starlight into helpless damsels-in-distress just rubbed me the wrong way, especially when you consider how much the Mane 6 fought so strongly against the Changeling army back in "A Canterlot Wedding" (and even Shining Armor and Cadence were able to blow them all back with the power of their combined magic).

In The episode, here it just seemed like they were all conveniently underpowered JUST to hype up Starlight as the "big grand savior" of them all...what a joke. As for that whole "team up" between her, Trixie, Thorax and Discord it just didn't really make any sense to me since they were all such randomly placed characters when put together... so I couldn't get that into their team dynamic much, unfortunately. Thorax was the only character I liked out of the dynamic.

When Starlight and her team finally reached Chrysalis' new fortress, they have to make a big life-changing choice to finally free both their friends and the other Changelings from Chrysalis' control. While the stakes did seem to rise up a bit better with Chrysalis now shown more on-screen in a more intimidating light, I still couldn't get that attached to the plot enough to stay that invested. Though I admittedly don't really mind the new looks of the reformed Changelings (minus Thorax's rather..."gaudy" colorscheme), and it was lowkey refreshing that Chrysalis actually rejected Starlight's offer to reform along with the others before running away.

But still, the whole finale set up felt too much like a bad fanfiction for me to fully appreciate it. So as much as it tried, it's still generally my least favorite finale of the show.

I've once stated that Trixie is an annoying bitch for people who can't humor but think they're smart. I stand by my statement. Trixie is an unselective bitch, which in turn makes her a stupid bitch. She cannot be used to comment on sheer amount of stupidity and contradictions of Equestrian society as a smart jerk could. She cannot be used as an antagonist along the line of Princess Malty cause muh Friendship is personality disorder. She cannot even be used as a punching bag of her own stupidity and lack of competence cause our glorious writers decided to give her a shit-ton of plot armor and powerful magic to boot. She can only be used to make other characters feel bad. Wow. Such utility!

I really like her though ha

Adds variety to things and I like the relationship between her and Starlight. At least later on she becomes very interestin.

I am pretty sure she is meant to be like that though to show the other ponies dislike her. And yeah she has some very mean traits but I don't think that makes her a bad character as such, even if she is a bit of an antagonist. But it's what kind of characters you think are good and I can get why she is dislikable.

2 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Trixie was an ok character, but after becoming one of fan's favorite, she's been overused.

I couldn't agree more. 

BTW, I'm not a fan of the "To Where and back Again" storyline.  When Starlight discovers a big elaborate plot that involved all of the Mane 6, royals and loved ones getting kidnapped, she starts up a team between herself, Trixie, Discord and Thorax of all people to try and save them. I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care much for this finale.

I really hated the way they had to dumb down basically every other important main lead aside from Starlight into helpless damsels-in-distress just rubbed me the wrong way, especially when you consider how much the Mane 6 fought so strongly against the Changeling army back in "A Canterlot Wedding" (and even Shining Armor and Cadence were able to blow them all back with the power of their combined magic).

In The episode, here it just seemed like they were all conveniently underpowered JUST to hype up Starlight as the "big grand savior" of them all...what a joke. As for that whole "team up" between her, Trixie, Thorax and Discord it just didn't really make any sense to me since they were all such randomly placed characters when put together... so I couldn't get that into their team dynamic much, unfortunately. Thorax was the only character I liked out of the dynamic.

When Starlight and her team finally reached Chrysalis' new fortress, they have to make a big life-changing choice to finally free both their friends and the other Changelings from Chrysalis' control. While the stakes did seem to rise up a bit better with Chrysalis now shown more on-screen in a more intimidating light, I still couldn't get that attached to the plot enough to stay that invested. Though I admittedly don't really mind the new looks of the reformed Changelings (minus Thorax's rather..."gaudy" colorscheme), and it was lowkey refreshing that Chrysalis actually rejected Starlight's offer to reform along with the others before running away.

But still, the whole finale set up felt too much like a bad fanfiction for me to fully appreciate it. So as much as it tried, it's still generally my least favorite finale of the show.

16 hours ago, YoungJustice12334 said:

I See why you may think that, but That doesn't make me like her that much from the reasons I just stated.

Users posting here are not doing so in an effort to change your mind. They are just stating what they think of the character. Please do not continue to take other posts out of context or this thread will be closed.

Trixie is a terrible person but she's improving... A bit... And I appreciate that. The whole pony thing, and starlight in particular is that no one is beyond salvation. And I don't think she's bad, she just has very little self awareness but she doesn't want bad things to happen. In that sense rainbow dash is just a step away from being Trixie, she just isn't because she has friends that call on her Bs, and that's what Trixie needs.

Edited by Ittoni

• 5 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 1:05 PM, YoungJustice12334 said:

The reasons of why I don't like Trixie is the fact that She built her ego on a foundation of lies and deceit, along with Bullying and provoking other ponies to satiate her pride, and chose to punish a town, which was Ponyville, that DARED to suggest that maybe she wasn't nearly as great and powerful as she thought she was, and The only thing Trixie was Great and Powerful at was being Arrogant and Unbearable and I couldn't stand an egomaniac like her.

There are two types of braggers, those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. AJ, RD, Rarity & Twi can at least walk, and while Trixie being all talk is technically part of her job, she took it too far at several points. When confronted on her supposed "greatness" Trixie defended herself against Rainbow's heckling was telling her lie about the Ursa Major, then started calling ponies on stage to humiliate when her audience, ”her entire audience”, didn't give her a standing ovation after she claimed to be the "best in Ponyville", with only Snips and Snails praising her.

Trixie said "anything you can do I can do better" she was expected to do just that, but she didn't:

1. She challenged ponies to show off their talents
2. Didn't actually attempt to out-do them in anything they do, but instead, attempt to publicly humiliate them.

AJ shows off roping prowess and ropes apple.
Trixie ties her up, stuffs apple in mouth.
Not doing AJ's trick better

Dash shows off flying, creating a rainbow.
Trixie attacks her with the rainbow.
Again, not actually doing it better

Rarity clothes herself.
Trixie turns her mane into a sewer rat's nest.

Once again, that's not actually doing it better. If she really wanted to turn their own talents against then she'd:

Lasso more apples than AJ.

Actually use RD's rainbow and have it mimic her stunts while adding a little flair to them via fireworks or something.

Simply use a spell on her own cape to give it more flair or simply made her dress prettier than it already was.

But instead she just cheated by embarrassing them off the stage and back out of her own challenge.

While I understand the whole "traveler spreading tall tales" thing being part of her act, she loses sympathy points because of her "anything you can do I can do better" challenge. Not mention that they called her out since she gloating about something she didn't do, plus she didn't really do anything that spectacular aside from basic magic, which really isn't a big deal in a world where it's a part of everyday life, it's not like she was pulling off Starlight Glimmer level spells or anything.

Bottom Line: When you boast, it's better to boast about things you can actually accomplish, and when you challenge someone, you don't back out of it by embarrassing said challenger, that doesn't make you better it just makes you look like a pathetic, cowardly, cheater. Trixie's actions were uncalled for, she simply cheated and attacked her hecklers instead of owning up to her own challenge. If she can't do that then she's technically more in the wrong than the Mane three.

I'm sorry but In MLP I kind of hate ponies that are characterized by Ego and Pride. Her redemption didn't help because to me it was forced, and to me, her friendship with Starlight Glimmer, who was the worst reformed villain, was kind of a Toxic relationship in my eyes and didn't help improve her at all, it made her more annoying to me than anything.

The episode "All Bottled Up" was one of the reasons why I Hated Trixie. It doesn't make it any better to come back to it since it basically all but proves how much of a toxic dynamic Starlight and Trixie have grown to see in the show. In this instance, it wasn't just because of Starlight in the episode, but Trixie herself for her overbearing smugness and insensitive ignorance to Starlight's growing frustration while they were trying to find the map.

I'll be honest, I may not care much for Starlight on her own and I consider her redemption arc to be written terribly but even I found her treatment in the episode to be unfair and terrible...And I was just sick of Trixie. The Mane 6 didn't fare any better with them being derailed into cheesy cliches of themselves in some forgettable side plot about exploring some friendship adventure or whatever, so there's very little else for me to enjoy about this episode to give it much of a pass.

Trixie to me was the most obnoxious & egotistical character in MLP. I'm sorry, but Trixie to me is nothing more than an obnoxious show-off who's too damn smug for her own good. She's also a cheater and a bragger, and The only thing she was Great and Powerful at was being Arrogant and Unbearable and I couldn't stand an egomaniac like her. 

The Boast Busters episode, which was her first appearance, never had me like her as A character either. To me, the only thing the character was great and powerful at was bothering me and just being a pain in the ass. Even though she was the focus of only two episodes recently, she really left a bad mark on me. In Boast Busters, she exaggerated her fantasies that led to trouble and in Magic Duel, she became corrupted for the purpose of getting revenge on Twilight from BB. (And she used Snips and Snails as they were her slaves)

It's already bad enough we had to have that egomaniac shoved down our throats, but once she came back and befriended Starlight, Trixie to me was the same old annoying pain in the ass who never seemed to learn her lesson. I was never a fan of the episode "All Bottled Up" but it makes me wonder why characters like Starlight Glimmer would see the good in her. I'm sorry if I offended you too much if you're A Trixie fan, but I just think she's an arrogant, stuck-up bitch who only brags about how wonderful she is when really, she sucks.

Rainbow Dash may be a show-off at times, but at least she's honest about herself. Rainbow Dash Can be smug, but the main difference between Rainbow Dash and Trixie is that when Rainbow Dash brags she can be able to Back Up her boasting and can actually do what she claims she can do. Sure, Rainbow Dash can be a loudmouth bragger, but at least when she brags, she does it within her own range of talent. Trixie, on the other hand, brags outside of it and never owns up to it.

Trixie always make her ridiculous claim of "anything you can do I can do better", and she was expected to do that, but she can't. Rainbow Dash can actually back up her boasts on the spot, and she doesn't issue any challenges as she knows she's not capable of owning up to.

Sure she's a bragger, but she's a bragger that can actually act on any of her boasts. Trixie does not do that, and Rainbow isn't stupid enough to simply take credit for something she didn't do. Bragging outside of your skill range will only get you so far until you're backed into a corner and forced to actually act on those claims, Trixie couldn't act on them so she cheated her way out and instead just attacked them directly.

Don't get me wrong, I kind of get annoyed with Rainbow Dash's boasting, but at least she backs up her boasts at the spot, and she doesn't issue any challenges as she knows she isn't capable of going against. Sure she's a bragger, but she's the type of bragger that can act on her boasts. And even after I saw "No Second Prances", I just couldn't bring myself to even like or relate to Trixie. I still didn't like the "All Bottled Up" episode, & while I'm not a huge fan of Starlight, Even I was getting tired of Trixie's awful attitude like She was.

Don't get me started on her behavior in "A Horse Shoe-In" didn't make her any better, in my opinion, Trixie was incredibly obnoxious throughout the whole episode. Just like Starlight, Trixie was nothing of A special character in the show, to say the least.

Do you agree or disagree with my reasoning of Why I Don't Like Trixie?

I agree with you Trixie is the worst pony ever and rainbow dash is best pony and Carnage is best villaincarnage-marvel-character-2-psd-430709.pnpost-26550-0-53103000-1405028993.png

Edited by Scootaloo90747475