Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rock Paper Scissors in Equestria Girls?

Allen

That's when I heard of playing a hand game of Rock Paper Scissors (since I watched MrBeast's charity tournament stream on YouTube back in April), since Equestria Girls series have characters in the human world with anthropomorphic human fingers, did one of the Equestria Girls characters played Rock Paper Scissors before? If they did not played this hand game before, then that's my idea. I will like one of the Equestria Girls characters say "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot!" for size. Rock Paper Scissors is a fun game to play with any means of luck. For instance when they play that hand game: the winner of their choice is paper wraps rock, scissors cuts paper, and rock blunts scissors.

How about this picture as a meme in Equestria Girls, which Sunset Shimmer chose rock and Trixie chose paper, and this means that Trixie beats Sunset with paper covering up the rock?

ddxalmh-550c5621-41df-47e6-9c57-37fa1b92

In my thought in Equestria, Rock Paper Scissors could be possible to play in the Equestrian world of ponies, which they have hooves, but how could ponies pick a choice of rock, paper, or scissors without fingers on their hooves? Spike, Discord, Ember, and the dragons have fingers in that world by the way.

Ponies could technically play it just with different hoof positions, left, right, up, down, straight, but I doubt they do.

Unicorns could play it more literally by conjuring magical imagery, and Pegasi could fold their feathers like we've seen despite that not making sense.

Dragons seem more likely to wrestle than rock paper scissors, and before integrating with Equestrian society they may not have had scissors or paper. Better to just go aginst rock with a bigger rock.

The griffins might be optional. Especially with the obsession to obtain wealth that they had. Short of flipping the coin you're betting with its the easiest means to gamble.

• Brohoof 2

The key to Rock-Paper-Scissors is actually not hand gestures, but nontransitive inequality: the fact that A wins wit B, and B wins with C, but C doesn't fail with A and B, but actually defeats A. That is, you can say that A > B and B > C, but you can't say that A > C, because it's the other way around: C > A (that is, they instead make a uni-directional "loop"). Therefore it can be achieved with many different things, and different numbers of states, not necessarily three (but three is the minimum for nontansitivity).

For example, this "rule of three" is often used for races in strategy games, where race B is good at combatting race A, but bad when combatting with race C, and yet race C is not the strongest: it performs poorly in combat with race A.

For Equestria, I would go with Unicorn-Pegasus-Earth Pony ;) because there are three of them, each has its unique abilities, but none is "the best" when compared with others. You just need to figure out the rules of who defeats whom and why.
For more possible states, I would go with the Elements of Harmony, but that would make a much more complex system, with much complex rules of transitivity.

Another possibility is the Four Elements of nature: Fire, Earth, Water and Air. But that's "Avatar: The Last Airbender" ;)

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

Saisho wa guu... janken pon!

The Japanese version, has a special meaning as well. Google tells the story if you search for it.

in the Manga of Dragon Ball Z, it is often a comedian act when the heroes want to fight the bad guy one on one, and the bad guy is all trying to be intemidating and scary, and get humiliated because the heroes don't care about him/her, and are instead playing this silly janken game.

I can think of similar funny moments in Equestria Girls. It was quite a comedical show, especially the last specials