Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it forbidden to use a proxy/VPN?

HeavenSunset

If you use an alternate account, it would be.

But if you are posting from your own account, having a different IP only means you are at a different location, using another ISP, or a VPN. I don't see how that would be illegal

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Splashee® said:

If you use an alternate account, it would be.

But if you are posting from your own account, having a different IP only means you are at a different location, using another ISP, or a VPN. I don't see how that would be illegal

But my point is if I was (which I dont) they wouldn't know so it would make sense

It is not forbidden, otherwise the moon would be overcrowded. kaZdxtE.png

Besides, the IP address tends to change a bit every now and then, depending on internet provider and whatsoever. It's not always a reliable information anyway.

Either way, if that would be the case, something like this would be mentioned in the forum rules, as using VPN isn't so rare, so it wouldn't be fair to throw bans out of nowhere. :pout:

• Brohoof 4

11 hours ago, HeavenSunset said:

But my point is if I was (which I dont) they wouldn't know so it would make sense

They wouldn't know. It's one of the uses for using a VPN, to be private. If the VPN actually works the way it is intended.

However, it's VERY likely that the person breaking the rule would be found out through other means, such as behavior. I have spotted several duplicate accounts during my time here. And I don't see IP addresses.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked