Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Spongebob spinoff starring Patrick in the works.

CastletonSnob

2 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Ah! So they learned nothing from Planet Sheen.......

I simply haven't been watching anything SpongeBob related since 2008 except in WatchMojo lists

• Brohoof 1

A talk show starring a cartoon character Reminds me of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Anyone remember that. Anyways. Why. Just why. Just let Spongebob be it’s own thing. Just the show itself no spin offs jfc. 

13 minutes ago, Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈 said:

A talk show starring a cartoon character Reminds me of Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Anyone remember that. Anyways. Why. Just why. Just let Spongebob be it’s own thing. Just the show itself no spin offs jfc. 

Anybody get the feeling they're trying to rip off Take Two with Phineas and Ferb? That was meant to be the length of a commercial break 

This... No. This show has dug its grave awhile back and it should have gone down there to stay. This is just insulting to Stephen Hillenburg. It makes me sick.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Anybody get the feeling they're trying to rip off Take Two with Phineas and Ferb? That was meant to be the length of a commercial break 

Nah. This is definitely a Space Ghost Coast to Coast rip off. Late night talk show with full episodes. Not a tiny commercial break thing dude. Besides Coast to Coast came long before that even existed. If anything Disney took the idea from it. 

In relation to the fact I mostly didn't watch much new SpongeBob material since maybe 2008, while I stopped watching fellow Nickelodeon show Fairly Odd Parents a few episodes after Baby Poof and The Wishology Trilogy, I at the very least saw the FOP Episode "Meet the OddParents" where 

Spoiler

Mr. And Mrs. Turner discovered the Godparents and actually got to spend some actual nice family time with both Timmy and his fairies, ending with the human parents willingly erasing their memory of the encounter so that Timmy could keep his fairies. It was also sweet that despite the memory loss, Timmy secretly had his godparents retrieve the Turner Parents lost wedding ring

And honestly, that one episode is a whole lot better than this spinoff sounds like it's going to be

Wasn't there a talk show segment similar to this during Spongebob's first season debut in Nickelodeon? I vaguely remember back when I was watching the channel, Spongebob talked about some stuff before an episode started.

Edited by Photon Jet

No... just no. Spongebob Squarepants as a series should have ended after the movie in 2004 (that was what Hillenburg planned to do). But no, the money was too hard to shy away from for Nickleodeon, they didn't give other shows a chance because of this choice, and now it just isn't good anymore. 

Am I surprised by this announcement? On the one hand, yes, as it just came out of the blue with no prior knowledge. On the other hand, it's not surprising since Nickelodeon is a business and they are doing what any business aims to do; find a new means of making money and exploit it for all its worth.

22 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Cool, is this like G2 of Spongebob then? I missed G1 so maybe I can get a new chance with a new fandom? :o

Patrick..as the STAR!!! get it!.. because... Ahmm

Definitely gonna watch this show its like teen titans go and pony life! If a haters gonna hate! I AM THERE! To watch and pester the haters hehrhehehe muhehehehehe:sneer: