Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if IDW makes a Sonic/MLP comic?

eddeams

For years, the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom and brony community intertwined. To mixed results that is. There exist many fan content mixing the two franchises together. And now that IDW Publishing has the comic licenses to both, an official crossover is now possible. They've recently released the first issue of their MLP/Transformers crossover comic, so what if they do Sonic next?

Personally, I want it to happen just to see the resulting war between Sonic fans and bronies.

Edited by eddeams
  • Brohoof 1

I already got my TF/MLP crossover so IDW can do this if they want. If I remember correctly Ian Flynn didn't rule out the possibility not too long ago

Spoiler

Would rather have a crossover with TMNT or Power Rangers instead

5 hours ago, Megas said:

I already got my TF/MLP crossover so IDW can do this if they want. If I remember correctly Ian Flynn didn't rule out the possibility not too long ago

Hide contents

What is the TF in your TF/MLP crossover?

12 hours ago, Megas said:

Reveal hidden contents

I just picked that up this weekend.  haven't read yet.  is it going to be a new series, or just a miniseries of a few issues?

4 hours ago, Frosty Shoals said:

I just picked that up this weekend.  haven't read yet.  is it going to be a new series, or just a miniseries of a few issues?

4-part miniseries 

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

A Rainbow Dash/Sonic the Hedgehog race to be the best would have to happen at some point. :sneer:

It would be awesome!  While I personally believe Sonic's faster, I don't have math to back that up.

145_01_rainbow_dash_sonic_the_hedgehog.png

Edited by Frosty Shoals
  • Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I see that as rather difficult to make. The reason MLP/TF works is because they both belong to Hasbro :huh:

true.  but IDW has done Transformers/Star Trek crossovers, and TF/Ghostbusters crossovers, so possible.

2 hours ago, Frosty Shoals said:

true.  but IDW has done Transformers/Star Trek crossovers, and TF/Ghostbusters crossovers, so possible.

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Ooooookaaaay, I suppose I could take it back. Haven’t been into Sonic in a decade, but I would dig a crossover 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This is what I imagine the plot would be:

Sonic and his friends are foiling another one of Dr. Eggman's schemes, when they get transported into Equestria thanks to a mishap involving Chaos Control. There they meet the Mane Six and Eggman decides to conquer not only Sonic's world, but Equestria as well and it's up to both groups of heroes to stop him.

As for character interactions, Sonic and Rainbow Dash would form a fierce but friendly rivalry, Tails and Twilight bond over their shared intellectual skills, Rouge and Rarity have a shaky relationship despite their shared interests, (Mainly because while Rarity is generous, Rouge isn't.) and of course Shadow, despite his moody and anti-social demeanor develops a soft spot for Fluttershy due to having a personality much like his late friend Maria Robotnik. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie tries to get Shadow to grow out of his brooding nature to not so pleasant results.

Eggman would probably team up with a local villain like Queen Chrysalis or Lord Tirek.

Edited by eddeams
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Oh boy. Robontik could make a Sweetie Bot since he’s no stranger to robo doppel:ButtercupLaugh:gängers 

Or better yet, a Metal Rainbow Dash.

10 hours ago, eddeams said:

This is what I imagine the plot would be:

Sonic and friends trying to foil another one of Dr. Eggman's schemes, when they get trapped in Equestria thanks to a mishap involving Chaos Control. There they meet the Mane Six and Eggman decides to conquer not only Sonic's world, but Equestria as well and it's up to both groups of heroes to stop him.

As for character interactions, Sonic and Rainbow Dash would form a fierce but friendly rivalry, Tails and Twilight bond over their shared intellectual skills, Rouge and Rarity feud over their interests due to their differing perceptions of them, and of course Shadow, despite his moody and anti-social demeanor develops a soft spot for Fluttershy due to having a personality much like his late friend Maria Robotnik. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie tries to get Shadow to grow out of his brooding nature to not so pleasant results.

Eggman would probably team up with a local villain in Equestria like Lord Tirek or the Changelings.

Wonder how the Royal Sisters and Spike be handled in there?

3 hours ago, nightshroud96 said:

Wonder how the Royal Sisters and Spike be handled in there?

Spike would probably be the Tails to Twilight's Sonic.

The Royal Sisters hopefully wouldn't be cucked by Eggman in the most half-assed way imaginable. It it DOES happen, it would probably be because of mandates put by Sega.

3 minutes ago, eddeams said:

Spike would probably be the Tails to Twilight's Sonic.

The Royal Sisters hopefully wouldn't be cucked by Eggman in the most half-assed way imaginable. It it DOES happen, it would probably be because of mandates put by Sega.

I didn't pay much attention to Sonic(aside from the Sonic X anime years ago as a kid) so I don't know how would Spike be effected there.

But if Luna and Celestia get worf-effect again in there, i'm going to be just mad. If its because of Sega making them do that, it would be even worse..

• 2 weeks later...

So how do you guys think the natures of both universes would play off of each other? MLP is mostly fantasy, while Sonic is a mix of both sci-fi and fantasy. (aka science fantasy)

Might be a good idea for maybe a one-shot, or a 3-5 issue mini series.  Could be as simple as a Chaos Control accident sends Sonic+crew and Dr. Robotnik to Equestria.  They have to find the emeralds before Robotnik (perhaps teamed with a local villain) does.  Once gathered, they send them all back*. 

(*After a race between Sonic and Rainbow, of course!)  sonic wins!  lol