Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Shows / Movies / Games / Etc. you can't remember the name of...

Samurai Equine

I tried to find a topic like this, but couldn't, so I am making my own. :)
(Mods, if one exists, please link me and feel free to close this topic.)

Is there a TV show, movie, video game, song, or something else you can't remember the name of?
Do you have a vague memory of it or any kind of clues?
Describe it here, and maybe someone can help you out!

I'll go first:

Spoiler

What I am looking for is something that I can only describe as a "Lady & The Tramp" knock-off cartoon. It might not be based on that. In fact, it might be something original. It might have come out before the Disney animated movie! Here's the jist of what I remember...

• If I had to put a year on it, I'd say it came out in the 80's or early 90's. Might have been from the 70's, but I doubt it.
  • It was a direct-to-video VHS release. I doubt that it was on Television. (Could be wrong, but I doubt it.)
  • I'm pretty sure it was an animated movie, not a TV series. (Again, could be wrong, but I doubt it.)
  • I'm calling it a knock-off, but the animation was actually pretty good all things considered. Something that could easily be broadcast on TV back in the day.
  • It had talking pet animal characters, and I call it a "Lady & The Tramp" clone because the main characters were a female dog and a male dog. I can't even remember if they were romantically interested in each other or not.
  • At one point in the movie, they are in a junk yard or some place similar, surrounded by other talking pet animals. Something has happened to the male dog, and he is dying. The others are trying to help him, but it looks hopeless.
  • Upset by this, the female dog steps aside. With a tear in her eye, she looks up at the sky, and says something like "Please don't let [Male dog's name] die." And then the camera pans up to the starry night sky, and the narrator says something like "[Female dog's name] didn't know it, but she was praying."
  • ...I don't think the cartoon was going for any kind of religious message. I think it was just made in a time where casually throwing in religious stuff like that was a bit more acceptable.

That's all I can remember about it. Somehow, I doubt this was an episode of the original Pound Puppies cartoon. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

There's this one game I remember. It was in the early 2000's, third person mostly. You were going somewhere to meet your brother, but when you arrive, the place is deserted and you have to go through hell to get your brother back. I also remember the last boss  being so hard I had to use godmode to beat it when I was younger.

@Samurai Equine Maybe it's "All Dogs Go To Heaven"?

I'm pretty good at finding those old gems, but there is one I still was unable to find:
It was a live-action movie about an adolescent detective who was involved in a theft of some precious jewel from a museum, and he tried to find the real thief by looking for clues. I believe it was broadcasted as one of those Disney family programmes back in the days, still in 20th century. It was a mini-series comprising of several parts, probably 3 or perhaps 5. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it anywhere :/  The only thing I found that roughly resembles it is this book:
1458310._SY475_.jpg

Even the dude on the cover is slightly similar to the main character. But beside that book, there's nothing :/

@Lazy Ferret There's a thread on another forum for the sole purpose of finding old games by description. Maybe you'll find it there? (Or maybe you should ask there?) However, you have to be more specific. The more details you supply, the more likely someone will recognize it. The first post in that thread lists some example types of information that might help pointing it down.

Edited by SasQ

I remember when I was a kid (probably in the mid or late 90s) there was a cartoon drawn in the Simpsons' style, but I'm not sure it was the Simpson's---it might've been, or it might not.  In that cartoon, there was a man who was being tormented constantly, and at one point he seemed to wake up from the nightmare in a big flowery field with a rainbow in the sky.  He sighed happily, but then the flowers came to life and began biting him---and the whole thing turned into a nightmare again.

I didn't see much of it, but I'd expect it'd be the kind of thing I could find on youtube, if I could just find out what it was called...

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

I remember when I was a kid (probably in the mid or late 90s) there was a cartoon drawn in the Simpsons' style, but I'm not sure it was the Simpson's---it might've been, or it might not.  In that cartoon, there was a man who was being tormented constantly, and at one point he seemed to wake up from the nightmare in a big flowery field with a rainbow in the sky.  He sighed happily, but then the flowers came to life and began biting him---and the whole thing turned into a nightmare again.

I didn't see much of it, but I'd expect it'd be the kind of thing I could find on youtube, if I could just find out what it was called...

I believe you're talking about Futureama

• Brohoof 1

The only problem I currently have is finding a song that is played in season 4 of the TV show Scrubs during a night club scene, and no one has been able to find it yet. So annoying! :unamused:

Years ago I read a book, I think from the fifties. It was a juvenile work. This one boy was a genius, and figured out the odds in some lottery. He won the use of a gold limousine, with driver, for a year. He and his friends then became detectives. I was in grade school when I read it, and have no idea of the title or author. I remember that I thought it was cool though, even though there were no girl characters in the detective group. 

On 8/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Emerald Heart said:

I believe you're talking about Futureama

Are you sure?  The show didn't look very sci-fi to me.  Do you know of an episode where a field of flowers came to life and bit a guy?

There are some movies I would LOVE to find again and would appreciate any help anyone can offer. The movies I’m referring to are Canadian-made, probably in the ‘90s, based on a family during the Depression with emphasis on one of the daughters in the family and her adventures. The series was similar to the older American Girl movies and I actually recorded them on VHS back in the day but they all disappeared without a trace and I can’t even remember the names. I think Mark Harmon might have played the dad, but I could very easily be mistaken. There are at least three movies in the series.    

On 8/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Years ago I read a book, I think from the fifties. It was a juvenile work. This one boy was a genius, and figured out the odds in some lottery. He won the use of a gold limousine, with driver, for a year. He and his friends then became detectives. I was in grade school when I read it, and have no idea of the title or author. I remember that I thought it was cool though, even though there were no girl characters in the detective group. 

The closest I can think of off-hand would be The Great Brain series of books, and I think they had a movie somewhere in the late ‘70s. I never read the books myself (my brother was the big fan) but it sounds like it had some similarities. I'm probably wrong. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

The closest I can think of off-hand would be The Great Brain series of books, and I think they had a movie somewhere in the late ‘70s. I never read the books myself (my brother was the big fan) but it sounds like it had some similarities. I'm probably wrong. 

Thanks for trying, but that isn't it. I looked it up, and The Great brain stories take place in the 1890's. The story I'm thinking of took place in the fifties or maybe sixties.

• Brohoof 1

OMG! I just remembered a tiny detail that let me find it! "The Three Investigators"! It wasn't a lottery. I suddenly remembered that the main character guessed the number of jelly beans in a jar to win the use of the limo! It wasn't for a year, only 30 days. He stretched it though through a loop-hole. Nowhere did it say that the 30 days had to be consecutive! His name is Jupiter Jones! I don't remember this part, but in the first book, they solve a mystery for THE Alfred Hitchcock!

Jupiter Jones

• Brohoof 1