Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 10

Happy Heart

So far it's a good start. I am also hoping that they pick up so many loose ends to make the final far more easier to swallow, but for the now I'm really curious as to why Zecora is so unsettled about her old friends. What happened when they were kids? Further more, Kelpies.....

KELPIE. K.E.L.P.I.E  Isn't that the mythical creature that drags people to a watery grave? Celestia and Luna they are getting quite brave. Good thing they had a few good laughs with Rockhoof and Temptest.

Spoiler

"Why cower in the storm, when you can fight it!?"

9 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

Isn't that the mythical creature that drags people to a watery grave?

Ahuizotls do that as well. Lots of watery grave mythological creatures actually. 

(edited)

(I'm curious about the abada; the two horned ponies found in Farasi. Can they use those for magical purposes, or are they just there for decoration?)

Edited by Happy Heart

The premise is quite promising, it's actually something I wish we'd seen in the show, and the character groups look very interesting. Although they packed so much in the first issue, I doubt people who don't follow the comics, the books and Equestria Girls will understood all the references. But overall, so far so good.

Spoiler

Lyra and the Gloves magazine, and Cranky and Steven Magnet are among my favorite things about the comic. I don't care if people call it pandering - they made me smile!

Spoiler

This is like a breath of fresh air after Pony Life.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Oleks said:

The premise is quite promising, it's actually something I wish we'd seen in the show, and the character groups look very interesting. Although they packed so much in the first issue, I doubt people who don't follow the comics, the books and Equestria Girls will understood all the references. But overall, so far so good.

Hide contents

Lyra and the Gloves magazine, and Cranky and Steven Magnet are among my favorite things about the comic. I don't care if people call it pandering - they made me smile!

Hide contents

This is like a breath of fresh air after Pony Life.

I wonder how many references to past comic arcs did they made?
That's what I am kind of worried about.
So far from what I saw they referenced the Cosmos arc, was hoping said arc would have been erased/retconned or something..

• Brohoof 1

Just now, nightshroud96 said:

I wonder how many references to past comic arcs did they made?

Here's what I spotted:

Spoiler

The "Tempest and friend" arc, the hippies arc, the pirates arc, the special agents book and probably a some more.

3 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

was hoping said arc would have been erased/retconned or something

I'm sure some of the arcs will be erased. For example, I doubt that they'll mention that Trixie had an adventure in the city of Diamond Dogs at some point...

Spoiler

...and even was their queen.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Oleks said:

Here's what I spotted:

Hide contents

The "Tempest and friend" arc, the hippies arc, the pirates arc, the special agents book and probably a some more.

I'm sure some of the arcs will be erased. For example, I doubt that they'll mention that Trixie had an adventure in the city of Diamond Dogs at some point...

Hide contents

...and even was their queen.

How did it went in those arcs actually? 

Just now, nightshroud96 said:

How did it went in those arcs actually? 

Spoiler

Mostly visual references - if you haven't read the comics you'll just see weird-looking ponies. Lyra and Bon Bon are explicitly called special agents. Tempest mentions how she reunited with her friend.

Just now, Oleks said:
  Hide contents

Mostly visual references - if you haven't read the comics you'll just see weird-looking ponies. Lyra and Bon Bon are explicitly called special agents. Tempest mentions how she reunited with her friend.

I feel like it would have been better if the season 10 comics followed only the show's continuality.
Since not only the comics' continuality is shoddy(especially with a bunch of stuff got retconned by the show) but the fact there would be so many new readers that only watched the show that would be coming to the season 10 comics due to wanting to know what happens next.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I saw it, and overall I liked it, although some things don't sit so well with me. 

Spoiler

The cosmos reference was not the best I can ignore, the other references I noticed I don't mind. Spitfire will finally have a bigger role? Thats cool! Also that capper short, I wonder of somehow it may anger Luna...

LyraBon was acknowledged, it made me really happy. Also, maud being maud. And they will be in future arcs as well? If they will I will be very satisfied. 

I noticed AJ and Rarity betting on who wins in the mac vs rockhoof hoof wrestle. I however don't understand how mac is a match to rockhoof...

Why tempest wearing storm kings uniform, why not make a new one? 

I am not sure how I feel about zecora not rhyming so much, and her overall behavour, but it may be justified so I am not judging yet. Plus that hug denial from zecora and tempest reaction to it was gold!:laugh:

I am looking forward to the next issue, is there a date set for it?

Edited by Rushing cash

2 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Alright, I saw it, and overall I liked it, although some things don't sit so well with me. 

Hide contents

The cosmos reference was not the best I can ignore, the other references I noticed I don't mind. Spitfire will finally have a bigger role? Thats cool! Also that capper short, I wonder of somehow it may anger Luna...

LyraBon was acknowledged, it made me really happy. Also, maud being maud. And they will be in future arcs as well? If they will I will be very satisfied. 

I noticed AJ and Rarity betting on who wins in the mac vs rockhoof hoof wrestle. I however don't understand how mac is a match to rockhoof...

Why tempest wearing storm kings uniform, why not make a new one? 

I am not sure how I feel about zecora not rhyming so much, and her overall behavour, but it may be justified so I am not judging yet. Plus that hug denial from zecora and tempest reaction to it was gold!:laugh:

I am looking forward to the next issue, is there a date set for it?

I certainly didn't like the Cosmos reference with it meaning that arc isn't retconned, it just leaves a big issue on the Royal Sisters(and Discord for some).
I guess the outfit just looks too good on Tempest to stop wearing, and probably has that anti-magic protection the Storm Guards had too I think?
Guess Zecora is too worried about something with her homeland that is making her acting like that.

1 hour ago, nightshroud96 said:

I feel like it would have been better if the season 10 comics followed only the show's continuality.
Since not only the comics' continuality is shoddy(especially with a bunch of stuff got retconned by the show) but the fact there would be so many new readers that only watched the show that would be coming to the season 10 comics due to wanting to know what happens next.

I don't mind some comic arcs being referenced in "season 10", but some should probably not be mentioned and addressed, as it may give a good reason for many fans to not count this "season" as show canon(I myself, am not certain if I will, I will first see these comics and than decide, I count it as lose canon for now), among those comics they should not mention the sombra arc, the cosmos arc, and maybe a few more I don't remember\haven't red. 

1 minute ago, nightshroud96 said:

has that anti-magic protection the Storm Guards had too

They could have made a new one from the material or at least change the symbol... I doubt even tempest wants to wear that anymore. 

3 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

I certainly didn't like the Cosmos reference with it meaning that arc isn't retconned

I too, am hoping that they will retcone it or at the very list not mention or address it, the small reference like they did is not such a big deal overall, I just take it as a gag. The show itself had some continuity problems(AJ used in this comic some big cash, was there in the show ever money paper, or just bits?), so I can over look it as long as its not directly addressed or important to the plot. 

5 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

I don't mind some comic arcs being referenced in "season 10", but some should probably not be mentioned and addressed, as it may give a good reason for many fans to not count this "season" as show canon(I myself, am not certain if I will, I will first see these comics and than decide, I count it as lose canon for now), among those comics they should not mention the sombra arc, the cosmos arc, and maybe a few more I don't remember\haven't red. 

Sadly they had a reference to Cosmos with Discord cutting the pics of her out..
Even if its meant to be a gad poking at how badly received that arc is(I think?), its jarring on why Discord is doing that or even have those pics if Cosmos isn't canon.
I just really hated that bit there, I was hoping that arc would get retconned, I just can't ignore it sadly..

17 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

Sadly they had a reference to Cosmos with Discord cutting the pics of her out..
Even if its meant to be a gad poking at how badly received that arc is(I think?), its jarring on why Discord is doing that or even have those pics if Cosmos isn't canon.
I just really hated that bit there, I was hoping that arc would get retconned, I just can't ignore it sadly..

Its a really small detail and discord is discord, so its really not a big deal, he did show that universe with the puppets in season 5, which was way weirder than this. 

9 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Its a really small detail and discord is discord, so its really not a big deal, he did show that universe with the puppets in season 5, which was way weirder than this. 

What puppets?

26 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

In season 5 episode 7, with tree huger?

Oh yeah, those. Laughed my ass off :D. I wonder what Discord does on his free time. He probably helps Mario save the Mushroom Kingdom from time to time :fluttershy:. Yeah, he makes things weird. He literally can make anything possible 

• Brohoof 1

I’ve posted this before, but Ducktales reboot had an episode of kelpies who are obvious parodies of pastel horses........ and voiced by actual pastel horses on top of that :ticking: :yay: