Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What Is The Oldest Piece of Clothing You Own?

Rainy Daze

Oldest piece of clothing I personally own is a trench coat my grandpa got around 30 years ago that my mom recently gave to me.  

My mom still has a couple of dresses she wore when she was a kid back in the 60s though lol.  

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I got rid of most of my old stuff once it no longer fit, so 4-5 years back is probably the oldest my clothing has been. Though I did keep my dad's letterman jacket from when he was in high school... back in the early 70s :P 

That actually reminded me that I have a hat from my late step father that's probably fifteen years old at least! 

• Brohoof 1

I own an Eddie Guerrero t-shirt I had when I was 12. It obviously doesn’t fit me anymore, but I keep it around anyway for sentimental value, I want to be able to hang it in a frame eventually 

• Brohoof 1

I still wear a jacket from 2005, it has big holes in it, the zipper is mostly broken. The reason is, I like it, and it is painted in my IRL friend's famous book. I like being able to show I am the one in the book

• Brohoof 1

This one sweater I bought from hot topic when they were still gothic af, I used to wear it under my shirts for a layered look.  I still think it's a cool shirt so I've never really had the heart to get rid of it or give it away.  Sometimes, it might languish in my "To donate" pile and then I run over and put it back in my closet like, "omg, I'm so sorry hunny, I still love you".  It's too short for me right now since I'm taller than when I first bought it(I think I was 11??? when I first got it).  I'm 29 currently.  I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet, though I haven't worn it all that much, maybe 20 times in the time I've had it?  I love the shirt though and I doubt I'll be getting rid of it any time soon.  I can still fit it, it's pretty stretchy, I think I'll try making an effort of wearing it more, I love that shirt.:please:

• Brohoof 1

I have a pair of sweat pants I’ve owned for years now. They are torn a bit on the bottom and are stretched out but I love them. They are so comfortable! I won’t rid myself of then anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Megas said:

I own an Eddie Guerrero t-shirt I had when I was 12. It obviously doesn’t fit me anymore, but I keep it around anyway for sentimental value, I want to be able to hang it in a frame eventually 

Nice! A fellow Eddie Guerrero fan :yay:

• Brohoof 1

That I know of, it's about 3 pairs of the same pajama shorts. My parents used to work at a clothing factory and they made a few too many for a specific order for an airline so they brought some home even before I was born.

• Brohoof 1

I have a bunch of Star Wars shirts from when I was little and some that are hand-me-downs even older than me. Even though I don’t fit them all I still keep them because I never throw away anything Star Wars. So a lot of those are 20 years old or older. I have a pair of Disneyland socks that are a good ten years old, and I wear lots of vintage stuff from thrift stores, which are very old in some cases even though I haven’t had them in my own wardrobe for very long.

• Brohoof 1

Oldest is one uniform from the Vietnam war worn by the American which I found in the vintage store and my grandpa uniform since he used to serve for his country, Vietnam. I love collecting old uniforms from the wars.

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Osoka_Topez said:

Okay this question l can't answer because l don't even know how old my clothes are xD I did have to get new clothing over time a lot because l kept on growing and still am.

I mean the majority of clothes I own are from middle school. I can also fit in my 9th grade swimsuit.

Technically the oldest I have would be the hat they put on me at the hospital when I was born, but for clothing I still wear, it's a crimson tshirt that says Coug Life on the front, and Straight Outta Pullman on the back ,that I've had since 2006 I think. Originally wore it as a night shirt but now it's an occasional anyday shirt. I still have a fair number of clothes I wear from the 8th grade which would have been 2011.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1