Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a time machine and you could save a famous person from dying, who would it be and how would you do it?

Tom Gallagher

Pick a famous person who you know to have died and think about how you could save him/her from dying. Try and also think about exactly how you’d do it and get yourself in the right place at the right time to save them. :huh:

I personally wish that I could save Freddie Mercury but it would be really difficult to know exactly when and where he got infected. :( I’d say possibly in and around Munich 1982 but it’s really difficult to know. :worry: So I suppose my next option would have to be John Lennon. It’s easy. Go to the Dakota on December 8th 1980, wait until dark and disarm the gunman. :okiedokieloki: In fact, I’ll wrestle him to the ground if I ever saw him. :glimmer: Don’t forget to tell me your choice below!

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

Walt Disney. He died because of lung cancer, so I would probably convince him to lay off the smoking

If he did managed to live through through to the 21st century, he likely would have learn to use Computers as a tool to tell Animated stories. He would approve of Pixar.

Epcot would have been pretty different and would have matched his earlier plans for it

This is an interesting question. Well, it's not really possible to save the people who died of natural causes (unless the person died from a disease which can easily be cured now), so I should pick someone who didn't die a natural death.

I think I would try to save JFK. I think that can be done in a couple of ways. Get there a bit before and plant a bomb in the room where Oswald was - trigger the bomb just before Kennedy was supposed to be shot, killing Oswald. The idea here is that the police would find Oswald with the gun and would figure out what he was planing, so that Kennedy is better protected if there is a next attempt.
Or, kill Oswald, take his place and deliberately miss with the shot, hitting the car (and then quickly go to the present). The idea here is, again, to make them realize that they need better protection.

Yeah, that's what came to my mind first.

• Brohoof 3

As much as I want to say Mr. Rogers because he’s the only one I ever cried over when I heard about his death, he was already pretty old so I’ll go with someone younger and who likely still had many years left. 

The only other death that kinda hurt for me was Steve Irwin.  I really miss watching his shows and I’m not sure there’s anyone else in the world capable of making people interested in those more scary more unloved animals like he did. 

• Brohoof 2

Chris Benoit.

See him after Wrestlemania 22 or before. Some time before the incident actually happened. Tell him his brain is in bad shape and that he has to retire and undergo brain surgery and CTE treatment before something terrible happens. I would probably be crying as I did so.

He may still die in a year or so (his brain was in bad shape), but Nancy and Daniel would still be alive and he would be remembered as a legend.

Michael Jackson. I am sure traveling back through time would make it easier to access him (I would scream out loud, MJ, don't die, I am from the future (among other fans screaming marry me, I am crazy)).

:yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/27/2020 at 10:07 AM, Will Guide said:

Walt Disney. He died because of lung cancer, so I would probably convince him to lay off the smoking

If he did managed to live through through to the 21st century, he likely would have learn to use Computers as a tool to tell Animated stories. He would approve of Pixar.

Epcot would have been pretty different and would have matched his earlier plans for it

I agree. I’d love to see what the Disney Company would be like if he’d stuck around to complete some of the dreams he still had on the drawing board at his death and whatever new dreams that might have come about later on. I don’t think I’d attempt to change the past though because of paradox and all that, but as long as we’re on the subject of dreams, sure, I’d bring some nicotine-free vapes back in time to help ease Walt off the heavy smoking. That would be so cool to have him back.

I wouldn’t mind it if Nikola Tesla had stuck around a little longer too. I have a feeling the world might be a very different place right now.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:26 PM, ShadOBabe said:

I would save Steve Irwin. I miss him. :(

On 8/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, Vefka said:

I'd try to save Chester Bennington

Definitely one of these two. Both of them were massive forces of positivity in the world and brought smiles upon faces of millions of people.

Neither truly deserved to die the way they did.

I personally know people who were influenced by these two. Steve's passion and courage was inspiring, as it was clear as day he loved what he was doing. Chester's adaptations of lyrics written by Mike and not only helped countless people go through various issues in their lives.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

The one I would want to save the most is Jon Schnepp (Director of the documentary The Death Of Superman Lives What Happened and the Adult Swim show Metalocalypse, and a main panelist on AMC/Collider Movie Talk). When I discovered AMC Movie Talk in 2013 it helped me get through a pretty rough time and it got me more into films and Schnepp was a major reason why I continued to watch the show for years (Even when it declined in quality during the Collider era). He was very charismatic, funny, knew a lot about comics, film, animation, etc, and from all accounts a really nice guy (Never got to meet him, but I believe the people that have). When he passed away during Comic Con 2018 from a stroke, I was heartbroken. It was the first celebrity death that actually brought me to tears. Even though I never actually met him, I spent several years and a lot of time watching his content and it felt like I lost a friend. It would be great if I could go back in time and somehow tell him to seek treatment much earlier. 

Edited by Spidey10