Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RIP Chadwick Boseman

TheAnimationFanatic

Representation matters, especially in an industry such as Hollywood that looks down at African-Americans. Black Panther was a breakthrough in giving Black Americans, Black Africans, and American Descendants of Slavery authentic representation. I never watched Black Panther and haven't fully studied the impact it had, but I know it mattered. Chadwick Boseman really made the character of Black Panther his own, and his loss is devastating. RIP. :(

• Brohoof 4

Four years... so he was fighting colon cancer while still being in movies!? Man, he was even more awesome than I thought, and to hear he was taken from us so young is heartbreaking.

• Brohoof 1

This is just sad, I have no word for this honestly... may he Rest In Peace and in power 

3847E013-AAC7-4F48-A0C5-93A1BAD7992F.gif.658aff66c24eed177334012c30ff3313.gif

• Brohoof 1

You also lost the civil rights icon John Lewis this year if we are already talking about how shitty this year has been so far.

Edited by zerox

What is sad is we lost a young man who proved he had the standing on the silver screen.  Who would have gone on to make a BIGGER impact then he already had given how much talent he showed and also what he would have also given to us in his acting.   Yes my heart goes out to his family,   even more to loose and watch someone you love fight something they cant  win against.  

• Brohoof 1

I had no idea he was even sick or anything, his life and career was so much more than Black Panther but because these characters, and the actors are who live them and bring them to life give us comfort when we see them. This one is going to hurt for a while.

• Brohoof 1