Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art contest - September-October 2020

Sun Princess Celestia

When i was asked to present this art contest and chose a theme for it, it took me by surprise and i didn't have something in mind at first, but with Fashion week comming up and with fond memories of my childhood, i decided to ask you to re-imagine a pony(or other mlp creatures) as if they lived 1000 years ago and design them an outfit that would fit the period,feel free to come up with a new character if you'd prefer

giving 2 months for a deadline instead of one seems to have worked well and more people find the time to participate so i think we'll continue that so you have until Nov 1st, have fun

since there are always queries bellow, here are some of the rulings
you can draw anything you feel fits the theme as long as it follows the general forum rules(sfw, and common courtesy etc)
it can be done in any visual medium be it digital, traditional or even animation(believe it or not we had them in the past, hats of to those with iron patience)
you can use bases, as long as you credit the original source
OCs are allowed if they fit the theme
you post your entries in the comments of this thread, no need to look for a submition form like in the past
if you have any further questions ask them bellow and i'll try to answer them in a timely manner (LordValtasar)

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured
3 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Quick question: Are traditional drawings allowed? I feel like everyone who does these contests chooses digital but personally I would prefer to make traditional art if I decided to participate.

Yes, traditional is allowed. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Does it need to be EXACTLY 1000 years? or can we take some liberties ±100 or so years?

it's a theoretical 1000 years, because all those old events seem to have happened then, i think it just means equestrian medieval times

6 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

it's a theoretical 1000 years, because all those old events seem to have happened then, i think it just means equestrian medieval times

I mean with all that happened in 2020 I can see all those things happening in a single year. Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by CameoShadowness

4 hours ago, flurry said:

Hmm what kinda stuff will count as 1000 years ago clothes

Does it have to be western clothes

Is there also any canon MLP clothes that has been introduced as historical?

we have the hearthswarming eve play for historical clothing, and the stories of the pillars, but it doesn't have to stick to those no, anything you feel fits the theme will do,it's pretty much the equivilent of medieval times in our timeline or even a more general "ancient times", no specific region, it's a fantasy world so feel free go wild

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Scarlet stellpen said:

is it 1000 years from the past (to the modern times), or later to the future  ?

during the pillar's era, or ancient times in general

On 9/2/2020 at 10:34 PM, ExplosionMare said:

Quick question: Are traditional drawings allowed? I feel like everyone who does these contests chooses digital but personally I would prefer to make traditional art if I decided to participate.

I support you!

On 9/5/2020 at 4:57 AM, Pandora 🐼 said:

1588673352_ayakashidressver1.thumb.png.20c96789c36b66e01b07c5b433aefe9c.png

tried with ayakashi i guess

Crap that was quick!

I did make a card game....and theyre medieval... Does this guys count? If i try to fix them up?

P_20200828_074841.jpg

P_20200828_074720.jpg

P_20200828_074512.jpg

P_20200828_074827.jpg

P_20200828_074542_1.jpg

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Not finished yet... Not sure if i should color it....i usually make it worse when i color it..........oh and aplebloom is a ghost here :laugh:

Hide contents

sketch-1599393484784.thumb.jpg.75a69776be16a23ecff3ced2d1bc0362.jpg

Your posing is pretty cool stuff :pistachio: