image.png.f4d84de6e98de746a29634406c3b1b7f.png

Beautiful title screen :wau:

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1

5 hours ago, You said:

this really reminds me of MLP RPG2: CMC Warriors:

image.png.f4d84de6e98de746a29634406c3b1b7f.png

Noice!..

Planning to make one on the rpg maker on switch aswell.

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

Badges

Maybe i should make the color scheme like that....hmmmm

Badges

Welp i finally finished it... Andbi really need to work with my coloring skills... I was always a sketcher not a painter..hmmm

sketch-1599769330853.jpg

• Brohoof 5
  • Yay 1
  • Smile 3

Badges

I made this but it sure looks like a medival times artist made it(not really,I know my art is poor but I thought that If I at least tried and got feedback on it then I wouldn’t regret it later. 
time was 900 years ago and a pony painted this with her own hooves!

03F2A443-E61E-4DE1-AD73-69D2CAD7D76F.jpeg

17 hours ago, Mlppotterwhoovian said:

I made this but it sure looks like a medival times artist made it(not really,I know my art is poor but I thought that If I at least tried and got feedback on it then I wouldn’t regret it later. 
time was 900 years ago and a pony painted this with her own hooves!

03F2A443-E61E-4DE1-AD73-69D2CAD7D76F.jpeg

This was when discord was discord right? This is legit!

Badges

604668205_flashsentry2.thumb.png.891041860ce98c91fcb63cdbd02b5569.png

Flash sentry in samurai inspired clothing

Edited by flurry

Badges

10 hours ago, flurry said:

604668205_flashsentry2.thumb.png.891041860ce98c91fcb63cdbd02b5569.png

Flash sentry in samurai inspired clothing

3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

A distant relative of @Samurai Equine

Cultural appropriation?! :mellow: My armor is clearly superior.

Spoiler

J/K. :-P It's a good art! As a tip, a piece of constructive criticism, not all helmets cling to the skill like a do-rag. Let the design float away from the skull, and give yourself some space to work with. Don't be afraid to make the helmet bigger than the head of the person (or pony) wearing it. Usually, helmets are like that anyways.

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Cultural appropriation?! :mellow: My armor is clearly superior.

Reveal hidden contents

J/K. :-P It's a good art! As a tip, a piece of constructive criticism, not all helmets cling to the skill like a do-rag. Let the design float away from the skull, and give yourself some space to work with. Don't be afraid to make the helmet bigger than the head of the person (or pony) wearing it. Usually, helmets are like that anyways.

Yeah maybe a little bigger and less clingy would work nicer.

I didn't wanna make it too big looking though as it is a samurai helmet of a certain sort which is slightly less bulky but it is true that the rim of the hat could be a bit more expanded ya  maybe widen out more :3 that would still fit around the head nicely and have a bit more room. It is a lil hard to empathise that side view haha ( I guess id have to end up covering the ears too for width) but yes this is my first time drawing such armour haha so I did end up putting in some similarities to his original armour lol which was a little more tight  :Thorax: thanks for the tips

Edited by flurry

Badges

18 minutes ago, flurry said:

Yeah maybe a little bigger and less clingy would work nicer.

I didn't wanna make it too big looking though as it is a samurai helmet of a certain sort which is slightly less bulky but it is true that the rim of the hat could be a bit more expanded ya  maybe widen out more :3 that would still fit around the head nicely and have a bit more room. It is a lil hard to empathise that side view haha ( I guess id have to end up covering the ears too for width) but yes this is my first time drawing such armour haha so I did end up putting in some similarities to his original armour lol which was a little more tight  :Thorax: thanks for the tips

No problem. :BrightMacContent: Helmets can be a tricky thing to draw. The brim of the helmet does cling a little tighter to the head, but the hat of the helmet and everything else can be bigger and bulkier.
For the helmet of my OC, I pretty much copied the helmets I saw from the armored guards in Mistmane's village (from the episode Campfire Tales). However, I didn't want it to look extremely Chinese; so I threw in some more Japanese elements to balance it out and bring in that Samurai aesthetic I was looking for. But even when I was studying the screen caps, mapping out base bodies to see how it worked, I noticed that the helmet is actually rather big compared to the heads of the ponies wearing them. Part of it is because the helmets are made out of thick material, the other part is that the artists were really going for some good-looking composition. I liked what they did and wanted to follow that example. 

Edited by Samurai Equine

23 minutes ago, Sunamena said:

Can I also make a drawing? Even though I am terrible at it? xD

this is open to everyone, how else are you gonna become great at it if you don't start somewhere?