Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Mario 3D World is coming to the Switch

Luigi

So while we have still been dealing with the rumor of many classic Mario games being ported for the Nintendo Switch, it looks like one of the best games on Nintendo’s worst console Super Mario 3D World is coming to the Switch as Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. The game is scheduled for release on February 12th, 2021. While we don’t have many details on Bowser’s Fury besides the teaser at the end of the reveal trailer shown below, I’m quite excited for this. Any thoughts? Feel free to comment

• Brohoof 1

Seems like a fun game, but it was on WIIU. That single game is not worth buying a crap console, so it’s sensible and a great opportunity to play it again, with, or without added new content :proud:

• Brohoof 1

Huh, that's neat. I enjoyed the original 3D World, so I wouldn't mind playing a refined version on the Switch. I'm just hoping that Bowser's Fury adds enough extra content to the game and that the controls are tweaked a bit.

I already pre-ordered 3D All Stars and the 3D World. And the best part for me is the two separate games are considered almost 5 gigabytes each, which is actually pretty small compared to other games like Super Smash Brothers ultimate, which were at least 15 gigabytes

1 hour ago, Splashee® said:

What are they?

This is the full video

8:19 is about the original Super Mario All-Stars from 1993 which features 4 classic Mario games is being made playable via SNES Nintendo Switch Online 

8:55 while Super Mario 64 Super Mario Sunshine and the first Super Mario Galaxy game there were originally on the N64, GameCube, and Nintendo Wii, respectively, are all being remastered to be played on the Nintendo Switch in in a collection called Super Mario 3D All-Stars. 

The games are perfect for those who never had a chance to play the classics!

2 minutes ago, DJ Wolfe said:

I haven't played 3D World on Wii U. Is it worth getting now for the Switch?

If you're a fan of Mario platforming games, I would recommend it. It's the usual Mario platforming goal of simply trying to reach the goal before the clock runs out. only you could actually play as several different characters each with their strengths and weaknesses. plus apparently there's going to be something new added to it that wasn't there in the original Wii U title called Bowser's Fury. I'm hoping that it'll a  separate game mode that allows you to play through special levels as Bowser himself for an interesting new twist on things

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Will Guide said:

This is the full video

8:19 is about the original Super Mario All-Stars from 1993 which features 4 classic Mario games is being made playable via SNES Nintendo Switch Online 

8:55 while Super Mario 64 Super Mario Sunshine and the first Super Mario Galaxy game there were originally on the N64, GameCube, and Nintendo Wii, respectively, are all being remastered to be played on the Nintendo Switch in in a collection called Super Mario 3D All-Stars. 

The games are perfect for those who never had a chance to play the classics!

If you're a fan of Mario platforming games, I would recommend it. It's the usual Mario platforming goal of simply trying to reach the goal before the clock runs out. only you could actually play as several different characters each with their strengths and weaknesses. plus apparently there's going to be something new added to it that wasn't there in the original Wii U title called Bowser's Fury. I'm hoping that it'll a  separate game mode that allows you to play through special levels as Bowser himself for an interesting new twist on things

Thank you!

The Nintendo is certainly rushing these things out since the leaks contained so much Mario stuff, and they want to cash in before it is too late. While I didn't see anything on interest, and I am not a fan of Switch, I'll wait until something new comes out that isn't old. There must be something in the making, since most of these are just old products.

Always loved this game and glad it's getting a second wind for the Switch, a lot of the new features and content sound really cool, especially the Online co-op. Hoping for a new character too

All that's left is Xenoblade and the Zelda remasters and the Wii U can finally be retired

It looks alright, but I do have some slightly adverse points:

1. They could have taken some time to bring Super Mario 64 up to par with the Spyro/Crash Bandicoot remasters from a few years ago;

2. On top of the previous point, they should have also taken time to fine-tune/tweak the awful, archaic and janky camera(s) in both 64, as well as Super Mario Sunshine;

3. Throw that 100% postcard jpg ending in the dumpster where it belongs and build a whole new 100% ending so getting 100% isn't just mere "bragging rights" :unamused:

4. Fix the massive, wildly fluctuating difficulty curve that Super Mario Sunshine has.

Granted, these are rather admittedly minor nitpicks at the end of the day that could have honestly been treated, but I'll still mildly enjoy the collection nonetheless! :twi:

• Brohoof 1

@OctoAori20

in the original GameCube version of Super Mario Sunshine, depending on whether you a) lightly tap the R button or b) press it down all the way until it clicks, you can have Mario either a) run while shooting water ahead of him or b)stand and aim up/down and all around with the control stick . 

I'm hoping that like with the Luigi's Mansion remake on the 3DS regarding either blowing out Elemental power steadily or blasting out a ball of elemental power with 2 separate buttons, they'll least come up with some way to make it in Super Mario Sunshine so that you can still do both "Running and spraying ahead" or "Stand, Aim, and hose down" method. The Nintendo Switch has an extra button or two compared to the original GameCube controller, so it's very possible

This is honestly the only concern I have about Super Mario 3D All Stars.

When Super Mario 3D World becomes available, I'm actually going to try to go for 100%

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...