Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you any less of a pony fan if you aren't creative?

PCutter

I have no artistic talent. I haven't the hand eye coordination of an artist but one of a gamer.

I have my own skills as a writer but need to focus on things I consider important.

I can play some instruments but have no intention to make a career out of making fan songs

I have never created a single original work of pony in my life.

Would you be any less of a fan if you only enjoy watching pony but having never created a single original work once in your life?

Edited by PCutter

Of course not!

You only have to like the show very much. You can be a fan by just having watched the show, have your favorite pony or race, an oc (many don't even have one), have merchandise, have talked with someone that also likes mlp, you are here in the forums so that has to count for something. 

Don't worry about it. If you like it then it's good. 

• Brohoof 2

I cannot tell, because I have been creative since birth. All my interests involves learning and creating. Ponies didn't give that much as story telling goes from the beginning (FIM Season 1), but the design and animation was interesting to study. There were much to learn, and it kept improving later on as well, so you had to stay up to date

• Brohoof 1

My own lack of artistic talents and inability to contribute to the fandom in this way used to bother me, but eventually I realized all you have to do to be a fan is enjoy MLP and/or MLP-related things.

Spoiler

Of course not. Those who k ow me personally also know me for my art, but I've hardly created anything that would fall under that for the fandom. At best I have an altered recoloration of someone else's work and it's only been shared as a reference image to have others make art for me. :laugh:

While there's more artists today than there ever has been, and we're known for an engagement and creative output with a show that was practically unheard of prior, I'd still bet the vast majority of fans haven't created all that much beyond their own OCs. In some ways were like any other fandom, and we're united by admitting to stare at the same thing for at least 22 minutes at a time.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:04 PM, Ittoni said:

Of course not!

You only have to like the show very much. You can be a fan by just having watched the show, have your favorite pony or race, an oc (many don't even have one), have merchandise, have talked with someone that also likes mlp, you are here in the forums so that has to count for something. 

Don't worry about it. If you like it then it's good. 

I only have plushies, toys and books I got. Those are some things that are ok to have and sufficient to say I like pony?