Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi there, I'm new to the fandom!

GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was actually looking for a guitar tab for Out On My Own and it led me here! I made an account as soon as I got here, so about five minutes ago.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Long story short, my brony friend kept pestering me to watch the show because "cartoons and cute things are right up my alley," and he's right, I love cartoons. For years I knew of the existence of the brony fandom, but although I never had anything against it , I never understood it either.

When I met the aforementioned friend, the first thing I noticed was his pony profile picture, so I asked him why he liked the show. This was the first time I had knowingly encountered a brony, so I needed to know. He told me all about it and how amazing Friendship is Magic was, along with sending me the link to the first episode.

I refused.

You see, I had actually watched the show before, I had just forgotten I had. When I was about 7 or 8 I watched an episode because there was literally nothing else on TV to watch. The only thing I remember was someone saying "[somethingsomething] is ahead by 200 noses!" which I thought was kinda funny. In hindsight, I realise that episode was one from Season 1, and the character saying it was Pinkie Pie.

I got curious around age 12 or 13 and looked up the first episode of the show. I really really liked it... and I was ashamed, so I forced myself not to watch anymore.

And now we are back to when my friend sent me the link. I watched the first episode and remembered I had seen it before, and I fell right back in love. The animation, the voice acting, the art style, the music, the music, the music, OH MY GOD THE MUSIC! I was immediately head over heels, and since we were (and sadly still are) in the time of the COVID pandemic, I had tons of time on my hands to binge seasons 1 through 5 on Netflix. After that I slowed down. Partially because I spent way too much time watching the show, but mostly because I really didn't want it to end. Right now I'm partway through Season 8 and still easing it as slow as I can because I don't want to end the show.

With that said, I really look forward to the new movie, even though I know it will be a complete reboot. I am pretty scared of what it will be like, since I, as all of you have, grown so attached to these characters, and It's going to be heart wrenching to see them go. But regardless, I love being a brony, and this website should give me another outlet for my pony obsession haha.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a good day!

Actually I wrote everything in the above section, oops.

• Brohoof 8

14 minutes ago, GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz said:

Well, obviously MLP, but also Gravity Falls mainly. You?

I like American style animation, stuff from Rocky and Bullwinkle (1950s) to today. DC cartoons Batman, Superman, Saturday morning stuff, Garfield, Filmation stuff. I have some anime but haven't had time to watch much. I have 1300 dvds in my collection.

11 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Welcome to the forums! :yay: That's such a cool story! :wub: I wish it was that easy for me to convince my friends into watching the show! I can't wait to make a new friend! :pinkie:

image.png

Haha, thank you! I’m always open to chat!

16 hours ago, Rebel Brony 42 said:

I like American style animation, stuff from Rocky and Bullwinkle (1950s) to today. DC cartoons Batman, Superman, Saturday morning stuff, Garfield, Filmation stuff. I have some anime but haven't had time to watch much. I have 1300 dvds in my collection.

Dang... I’m impressed. Funny, I like cartoons but I’m not into that many of them. I tend to find a few I like and stick with them. I’m always open to seeing others, but there is always a few core shows that I keep coming back too.

16 minutes ago, GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz said:

Dang... I’m impressed. Funny, I like cartoons but I’m not into that many of them. I tend to find a few I like and stick with them. I’m always open to seeing others, but there is always a few core shows that I keep coming back too.

I don't usually rewatch them, unless I saw them on DVD and then they come out on Bluray. I'm so far behind. I watch them on their best quality, so if it is available in HD 5.1 then that is how I watch them. I have been meaning to post my list in my blog.

23 minutes ago, GetCrazyWCheeseWhiz said:

Хаха спасибо! Я всегда открыт для общения!

Блин ... Я впечатлен. Забавно, я люблю мультфильмы, но не так уж много их. Я обычно нахожу несколько, которые мне нравятся, и придерживаюсь их. Я всегда открыт для встречи с другими, но всегда есть несколько основных шоу, к которым я тоже возвращаюсь.

eg? what kind?

16 hours ago, Rebel Brony 42 said:

I don't usually rewatch them, unless I saw them on DVD and then they come out on Bluray. I'm so far behind. I watch them on their best quality, so if it is available in HD 5.1 then that is how I watch them. I have been meaning to post my list in my blog.

Ohhh Okay. I’m not a person concerned about resolution much, but I usually stick to a few shows I really love. Plus, some shows don’t need the Blu-Ray treatment I feel their really old.