Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What common sights do you see on your street?

Reecejackox

There’s a lady in the neighborhood that walks her corgi. I believe his name is Fritz.

The was a robin that I saw almost every morning in the park around the corner.

I don’t SEE him, but there’s some clown that loves to rev up his motorcycle and blaze down the street in the middle of the night. I hope a noisy bird sits right outside his window and chirps as HE’S trying to sleep.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Mostly people going somewhere slowly. Also, almost every day from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. a tall middle-aged man stands on the sidewalk staring at the traffic intently, not noticing anyone around him. I don't know what his deal is.

Can't say this is common nor did I personally see it, but close by a man was witnessed running about naked one morning and consuming his own feces, so yeah.

Otherwise, 3 juvenile herons on one end of a pond, 2 ducks on the other, crows in the trees, a few slugs and snails on the sidewalk, and the regular early risers heading out for work with a mountainous silhouette partially obscured by the blinding morning sun. There's also a wild rabbit on the edge of a wetland and sometimes one or two dogs on a balcony.

Because of covid I haven't really experienced what the street normal activities are around this new location but as for now there a lot of people walking their dogs every day, some with leash, some without, and as expected there's been trouble because of it (there's police officers around all the time but unless some dog bites someone they don't do anything about the leash your dog problem, it's by law supposedly). Sometimes there's people that ring the bell of the house to ask for money or work but we never open because it could be bad, you never know. There's the usual gas trucks and water trucks too that pass by every now and then. There's some guys that play music with a marimba sometimes. And once things get back to normal we will see a ton of kids going to the primary school right in front of us, and traffic. I don't look forward to that but maybe it'll be not that bad?

Good things around here are the smell of the trees, there's not that many but more than where I was before, there's a lot of snails and giant ants (they are about a centimeter and a half in size). 

Edited by Ittoni

Just cars from people’s homes coming and going every now and again, nothing crazy. Just a little, quiet suburban neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like a trillion Fedex and UPS trucks banging up and down my street several times an hour, my neighbors order so much stuff through them it's actually kind of crazy :mlp_wat: Also my street is a dead end street, so all those trucks always have to back up with their annoying back-up beeping noise and go banging all loudly all the way back down to the start of my street to get back out onto the main road.

Edited by King of Canterlot

• 1 month later...

I see lots of cars passing by. I live in a gated apartment building so there's some barrier between me and any outside view, but I live on the second floor so I can still see enough of it. I used to see the fireworks at Disneyland from my front landing, but not for a while now unfortunately. It's not exactly on my street but just hang a left and you're pretty close. 

Edited by Cistbiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

What I have been seeing for the past few months are the sappers and armor jaeger formations marching by to get food and/or training. I wouldn't particularly have a problem with singing marching songs in the mornings and their sergeants forcing them to shout "good morning sir" outside the building every time but our armor company is one floor above them and they get up at 5:30 am. whereas we get up at 6. :eww: Tho it's pretty cool to watch those little ants go because they have all the new gear, attachments and all that other maximum operator stuff while I just have my stinky ol' armor crewman jumpsuit with a camoflage that was mostly replaced in the 90's.

As for the civilian homes, the view to the street from my room is shrouded by my dad's old vineyard and our bush fence so what I mostly tend to see are either my neighbor's cats or some other critters lurking around. Or in the case I am chilling in my room at our farmhouse all I see are some horses engaging in troglodytic social dynamics on both sides of a road that cuts our place.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...