Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there /not/ a McDonalds in your city/province/country?

DubWolf

It’s not so much that I care about McDonalds, but rather if you lack one, and hence probably don’t live somewhere very... Westernized :wacko: . If there isn’t one in your city, is there one in your province? One in your country :ooh: ?

Obviously for me this is a silly question. They’re everywhere in the states :P . Maybe not so much for some of y’all?

(obviously living in a real small town in the states there may not be one particularly close :wacko: )

Edited by WWolf

I wouldn't call my city small, but for some reason the first and only McDonald's cafe was opened only ~5 ago despite Burger King, Subway, KFC, etc cafes being there for ages

• Brohoof 1

There used to be none, and the closest was a 15 minute drive. Now there's about 2 within a 5 minute drive and one within walking distance

There's probably quite a few within a 10 minute drive of my house. Though there's a Wendy's that's like a 2 or 3 minute drive away (would be walking distance if you didn't have to go across a highway) from my house and Wendy's is 10x better than McDonald's.

My country not only has 130+ McDonald's, it has the prettiest McDonald's in the world:

Spoiler

McDonald's mais bonito do mundo fica em Portugal

My city has a few restaurants, it being the 5th most populated in the country. I can recall 2 different ones and another one inside a shopping center.

Edited by Kamii
  • Brohoof 3

As soon as I get to the hub of public transport just outside of the capital, there is an McDonald's there, but I haven't been inside it since Covid-19. It is usually very crowded!

My city's population is only 96.000 and we have 4 mcdonald's restaurants in the city. One is in walking distance from me. 10min on foot. Btw I'm from Europe.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1

None in my town, though we're fairly small. Nearest one is a 10 minute drive away. Haven't ordered from there in years. Don't have to when there's a Culver's just down the road. Much better burgers and custard. Another 5 minutes into town and you've got Arby's, Taco Bell, DQ, Qudoba and Starbucks to pick from. So if you're going to go out of your way for fast food, why settle only for McDonalds? 

• Brohoof 2

I once said that you know you're in the middle of nowhere here in the US if there isn't a McDonald's within 10 or so miles. There are like... 4 in my town, I think? And I used to work at one.

There isn't one in my town which is not surprising since my town is the definition of worthless. There used to be one in my county though, in the county seat. It was there for as long as I can remember but it shut down  little while back. Really miss that place. Lot's of good memories of being there.

There is a mcdonalds almost everywhere. Sure there isn't one directly here but u go drive a bit and u can get to one lol 

It is a newer one tho wasn't there b4. B4 that one there was another slightly further away but still pretty close.

I recall my dad’s hometown in Mexico didn’t have a McDonald's back in the day :wacko: . Although I think they did have Pizza Hut or Domino’s (this was the 2000s).

Was at least a good.... hour or several hours from the closest one?

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

On 9/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Is there anywhere that doesn’t have a McDonald’s? :dash:

On 9/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, AppleButt said:

Antarctica. :D.   .  ...........................

Hey don't give them ideas....... what if the CEO is scrolling through this thread right now?!?!!?:wacko:

As for me where I live, I have two within a five minute drive from my house. But both locations usually have broken ice-cream machines :sealed: