Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure The Lost Alicorn {ON HOLD}

DivineMist1000

IMG_2093.JPG.85f92ec053d952e815d5dce563fb4c46.JPG

The Lost Alicorn

Chapter 1: A Midnight Flight

In the grand and glistening city of Canterlot, there was all manner of sights to see and things to do: From the royal gardens to the bustling town and back to the Royal Castle, ponies from far and wide came to this city for many occasions. Within the walls of the Royal Castle was where the Princesses of Equestria, rulers over all, would reside and the Royal Sisters, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna oversaw most of the duties and it was their duty to also raise and lower the sun and moon every night and day.

There was one other princess, however, that had important duties of her own. Her name is Midnight Glow: An Alicorn pony with a dark purple and blue mane lined with starry constellations, purple eyes, black and starry fur, wings of black and dark blue and a cutie mark consisting of a beautiful spiral galaxy.

Princess Midnight Glow was granted her title by Celestia and Luna due to her experience in helping other ponies around Equestria and her exceptional skills at magic and she would often help guide the sisters on their day to day process. The most important job she was granted was to make sure that the night sky above was always filled with beautiful stars and constellations, which made Celestia and Luna give her the official title of "Princess of the Stars".

Midnight had enjoyed this position for five years and has enjoyed her life from then on, loving the thought of helping ponies sleep peacefully with a beautiful sky full of beautiful stars above them. To her, it was a dream job to have...

Until one day, when everything changed....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late one night, after finishing her star-filling duties, Midnight was walking through the halls of the castle as she was reading a scroll and humming a nameless tune to herself. As she walked, Midnight saw one of Princess Celestia's guards walk by and she simply smiled at him as he passed by and he responded by saying her title and her name.

"Hmm, guards... Never needed any in my line of work. It's good that Celestia and Luna have them to keep them safe from harm, but they are not for me. I trust myself to take care of myself."

Midnight reached the dining hall and sat herself down at the end of the table. A group of chefs came out from the kitchen and they asked what she was wanting to eat. She asked for a simple grilled cheese sandwich and some vegetable soup, with a glass of milk on the side, and the chefs wrote down her order and bowed to her as they went back to the kitchen.

As Midnight waited for her food, she looked around at the room was always amazed by how big the room and the whole castle was. Midnight had lived in this castle for five years and she still didn't know where everything was and still needed a map from time to time. She laughed as she thought about this and looked towards the window to see the starry night she helped create glisten through.

"A very peaceful night... I hope all nights are as peaceful as this. For me and for everypony."

The chefs returned with Midnight's food and laid the steaming hot soup and grilled cheese before her and she felt her mouth watering a little at the wonderous sight before her.

"Ahh, my favorite! Thank you kindly for the delicious food, Charles. Always puts a smile on my face!"

The lead chef smiled to her and thanked her for the compliment before leaving her to let her eat her food. Midnight used her magic to cool down the food and was about to take a sip of the soup before she heard some commotion at the door and the door was quickly opened. Princess Luna entered the room and Midnight could hear her mumbling to herself about something, but Midnight called to her to get her attention, which made Luna look at her with an angered look on her face.

"Oh, Midnight... I didn't know you were in here. Sorry for barging in..."

"Is everything alright with you, Luna? You seem... stressed about something."

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Luna walked away from Midnight, but she could still hear Luna talking to herself.

"Celestia... she thinks she so great. Every day I have to watch as the whole kingdom loves her and her "sunny days" and I have to be the one stuck in her shadow and the one nopony cares about... Well, no more I say. There can be only one princess in Equestria..."

Luna left the room and left Midnight very confused about what she just heard, but decided to just forget about it and return to her food. She immensely enjoyed the delicious food and loved every bite she took, which only lifted her spirits up. After finishing her food, Midnight placed her dishes on a nearby cart and went back out into the hallway.

"Ahh, it is a good night. I think I shall go on a little...midnight flight. Hehe..." Midnight laughed at the joke she made and went towards the far end of the hallway to go outside into the cool and beautiful night. She smelled the breeze surrounding her and smiled happily before opening up her wings and taking off from the balcony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Midnight came closer to the small village of Ponyville, she started twisting and weaving through the air, laughing as she performed a couple of tricks through the clouds and felt as she was flying higher. She stopped suddenly when she had noticed some Pegasus ponies sleeping on the clouds around her and decided to stop her acrobatics before she woke anypony.

"Hehe, that was so much fun! I shall have to do it again while everypony is actually awake."

Midnight reached Ponyville and saw a couple of ponies still roaming the streets and talking with one another. One pony had noticed Midnight flying by and waved to her, which she had returned happily. Midnight decided to land next to the same pony and saw a very surprised look on his face when she approached him, not realizing that Midnight was a princess.

"O-Oh... Princess Midnight, I didn't know it was you!"

The pony bowed, but Midnight stopped him to calm him down and laughed a little.

"No need for the formalities, my friend. How are you doing on this wonderful night?" Midnight asked.

"I feel great actually. Don't know why, but I just got this good feeling inside of me!"

"Well, that's good! Keep that feeling inside of you and it'll see you through any obstacle."

The pony thanked her for the kind words and Midnight had noticed a crowd starting to gather around her. Everypony around her knew who she was and started greeting her with kindness and happy smiles.

"Hello there everypony! Don't mind me, just trotting on by to see the sights. I hope everypony is having a wonderful night!"

All the ponies around her nodded in approval to her words and started telling her how wonderful and amazing and beautiful she was, which made Midnight blush a little at all the compliments.

"Please everypony, there's no need for all the attention. I do what I do because it is my duty and desire and it warms my heart to see everypony sleep peacefully underneath a blanket of stars. I thank you all for your kindness and loyalty from the bottom of my heart."

Midnight shook hooves with all the villagers around her, talked with them a bit more and watched as all the ponies finally started to leave. The pony who she first talked with went up to her and shook hooves with her too.

"Thank you for visiting us, Princess. Hope you can come back to visit soon! Everypony here appreciates all that you do, as do I."

The pony bowed in respect to Midnight this time and Midnight bowed back to him.

"You all inspire to continue and all of you are wonderful ponies. I am honored to be your princess, truly I am. And I do plan on visiting Ponyville again soon, you can count on it."

Midnight bade the pony farewell and he walked away as Midnight looked around the buildings around her. She smiled happily at the scenery and wonderful ponies around her before leaving the ground again and looking down at Ponyville below her. Her popularity in town was unexpected, but she was still happy to help brighten up everypony's day with her presence.

"Such a peaceful town..."

After looking towards the bright and full moon in the distance, Midnight decided to return to the castle and retire to her room for the night. She flew to her personal balcony and walked into her chambers, lighting up the room with her magic to help her see in the dark. The ceiling was decorated with starry themes and more constellations and the room was adorned with star themed curtains, rugs and bedding.

Midnight let out a loud yawn and went to her bed. She removed her crown and regalia and placed them on the night stand beside the bed, but stared at her crown for a minute before hoping onto her bed and letting a sigh of relaxation.

"Princess Midnight Glow, Princess of the Stars... that's who I am and who I plan to be for a long time..."

Midnight finally closed her eyes and let herself drift off into sleep.

A/N: NEW STORY!!! Hooray! This one will be all about Midnight Glow, my OC and this story does start 1000 years ago, right before Luna became Nightmare Moon. Hope everyone enjoys my newest creation and all else that I make too!

Edited by DivineEternal1000
  • Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, LyraLover 💚 said:

She seems like a very interesting character! The idea of a third princess before Cadance and Twilight is really cool.

And I also made a little hint at Luna shortly before turning into Nightmare Moon too!

Edited by DivineBeauty1000

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to The Lost Alicorn {ON HOLD}