Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Discussion

Will Guide

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

What does that have to do with Age of Calamity?

The Latin American voice cast of the game is mostly composed of Mexican pastel horses, just like BOTW :fluttershy:. I mean, playing while hearing the likes of Vapor Trail is win yo :yay:

9 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Still confused

Most of Latin American voice cast of Age of Calamity, have worked on the region’s dub of MLP:FIM. Since it’s was done specifically in Mexico, and fans of the LA dub like to be more specific where each dub us made (LA dubs are mostly made inMexico, but can also be made in Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, even in Miami FL ). Hence the Mexican horse :fluttershy:

I play BOTW, and planning to do the same with AOC in the LA dub. The English dub of BOTW was kinda meh, specially grating Zelda’s fake British accent. Overall, it wasn’t bad enough to change to Japanese (which I find grating in the dub general. With all the high pitched screeches and whatnot :eww:). However, finding out it was dubbed in LA region, hearing it was very competent and have many familiar childhood voices like Sid from Toy Story, and most of them being pastel horses as a bonus, had to change it :mlp_icwudt:

however, I must recognize there was a big improvement in the English dub direction‘s of AOC. The dub in general was better, for what little I could hear in the demo. However, once the full game arrives I’m still changing to LA :please:

I just beat the Age of Calamity but for now I'm a little too exhausted to talk about it in details. But I'll give the short version. I'm not giving away any story plot points but just in case you don't want to be spoiled

Spoiler

All in all the story was amazing but I wish the major battles didn't take like almost an hour each. I've been playing on easy mode and at one point during the final scenario I was a quarter heart away from defeat. Something even so much as a scratch would have ended in defeat and I probably would have had to redo part of the level again.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Will Guide said:

So has anybody else beaten the story mode of Age of Calamity? If so, what did you think of it?

Man, between work, and doing shores, I haven’t played like I want to. I’m in chapter 4 however

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Man, between work, and doing shores, I haven’t played like I want to. I’m in chapter 4 however

What do you think of it so far?

Its a good game but I hope they end up doing some DLC for it since that ended up being the main thing for the original. 

Can’t complain too much though because this game gave us the adorable Terrako :wub: must protecc

Now I might have mentioned before that even though I was playing on easy difficulty I was playing with level one weapons which was giving me a hard time. During the final scenario where 

Spoiler

The Little guardian gets corrupted and I'm forced to play as Link to take it out, my help was knocked down to a quarter of a heart left with no healing items. I managed to hang on but all throughout the cutscene that played afterwards I kept thinking to myself "please let me heal please let me be able to heal" and it kind of took me out of the emotional moment that Zelda was having, having lost her little friend just when she remembered she help built him

After that part, 

Spoiler

I did meant to find one batch of healing and to get Link's quarter heart up to a few more hearts but I went into the final battle against Calamity Ganon playing as either Prince Sidon or Zelda. By not taking direct control of Link or King Rhoam, they were basically invulnerable and I simply focus on taking down Calamity Ganon's health. I did switch to Zelda in order to seal him away

17 minutes ago, Happy Heart said:

Quest prerequisites are getting outrageous...! I don't know how many times I had to replay A Test of Strength over and over in order to claim Hinox and Lynel trophies!

Exactly. Quests post main story are overwhelming. I barely have time to play, and I definitely not wasting it in grinding and grinding. Hence why I’ve lowered the difficulty to easy. I’ve played the whole main story on very hard already, so I’be showed the game my skills already