Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Anyone want to rp?

Props Valroa

@Califorum

Now that the trap has been sprung, let me lay out where I was planning on taking the story.

Blu is already terrified of Cali, was from the moment she revealed herself as a human with supernatural powers. He had hoped that they could work together, but as she spoke of her plans for Equestria, he came to the grim conclusion that those he cared about would not be happy nor safe if Cali were able to run free. He resolved that, for their good, he would have to eliminate Cali.

However, he isn't heartless, he doesn't intend to kill her, he's having his closest ally build the compiler's rendition of the portal frame, and with the glasses of foresight he'll be able to point the portal anywhere he wants. As a parting gift he intends to get Cali as close to her lost friends as he can, knowing that Cali will never be able to return to threaten those he cares about again.

What do you think of that line?

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali’s motivations and ideals sometimes shift and change. She was called a shell by her enemies due to lacking a sense of self direction. Like her forms she shifts and changes over time. Sometimes instantly sometimes not. Blu however gave her that so to speak. A friendship.

Cali may or may not see her friends again and it will never be so simple as to resolve Cali’s problems since for one it is practically impossible to tell where her friends and her origin is. Cali viewed this as an act of extreme betrayal but blames herself for it since she supplied Blu with the means to do so. 

She intends on never trusting or befriending anyone ever again: Attachments lead to suffering and betrayal, lies and paranoia. Depending on what Twilight does she could loosen up or harden, so to speak.

The philosophy with Cali is there is only self interest. Yet when she is treated badly by people or hurt she sees them as evil that must be taken down and shown whos boss. She is not one to Rule over others as Blu probably thinks. 

Her whole character is based upon risk of events and bettering yourself from risk  and carelessness, with her powerset she could do extreme damage if she wanted yet she rarely seriously intends on doing so. She is clumsy, more quick to anger and solving her problems with her powers rather than her mind.

She rarely sticks to plans. Her mind changes. What Blu thinks her plan is, she already forgot and lost sight of it. Yet if and when she has a plan: watch out. 

@Califorum

Blu decided to send her away because her actions became increasingly erratic over the course of their time together. She seemed unstable and therefore dangerous given the level of power she possesses.

If Blu could be convinced that Cali was not unstable, then perhaps he would rescind his goal.

Lets talk though about how Twilight might respond that would be conducive to that end, where do you want this story to go, and how can I help it get there?

@Illiad Easle

I never usually 'set' things in stone. I usually let things go with the flow of the interactions of the characters, really. I am thinking that Cali AND Twilight would work out their differences and team up against Blu. Maybe Twi sees that Cali isn't so bad and vice versa, and this team up really surprises and confuses Blu at the end and they fight against him?

Never showed you how Cali actually looks while using her magic. This is just one example. What do you think?

Cali.thumb.png.da02fb1a2ea0dcd3d00537b136aa994d.png

9 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Califorum

Interesting, I'll see what I can muster up. Be warned, Blu won't take any chances if he thinks there's a risk of his plan failing.

Neither will Cali. She is aware of his anti-magic creation. Maybe she'll find a way to counter that...hehe.

Untitled.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Illiad Easle

Infinity Glow, although I messed up the eyes. They are normal. Lets just say that he likes Donuts. The sparkling of the wings would be less pronounced, but it is more or less a similar pattern.

1616567661601.thumb.jpg.3c316760036ac28c44434ddbc61006b8.jpg

Cutie mark.

1487109709_InfinityGlow.png.f71812bfffd2a57615eb9d6ce7546806.png

Now for the other one, revealing Diamond.

1616568150576.thumb.jpg.7070ec2fd9b4085f19a2a293d9d21141.jpg

Cutie mark.

333997022_RevealingDiamond.png.076cc469887bb707cd6a34b6f469c365.png

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Here's my rendition of the Nightmare Moon lore:

Before Nightmare Moon was the period of Equestrian Expansion, during which slavery of Zebras was rampant in Equestria. Celestia thought the practice barbaric, but feared to speak out against her own ponies lest they decide to leave her behind or overthrow her.

Luna was a bit more outspoken against it, and that was part of the reason why some ponies were less partial towards her. She also had a relationship with a certain freedom fighter named Midnight Star, she even took him to the Tree of Peace so that he could live as long as she would, (he was given a responsibility as all immortals are, but that's not relevant to the lore) Eventually Midnight was captured and made to be Luna's personal slave, the only one she ever had. She would release him but for fear of what her sister would say/do in response.

Luna was also pregnant with Midnight's foal, but she kept that a secret from both him and Celestia. She feared how her sister might react, and she never found what she considered the right time to tell Midnight, when he was her slave seemed like a bad time.

One night near when she would be due, and she still hadn't told Midnight, he decided he had had enough, declared that she was worse that all the slavers he had killed, and he escaped himself from the castle.

This accusation broke her, realizing that she wasn't strong enough to stand up for her love and what was right. She made a deal with a specter, the Nightmare, for the strength to overcome her sister. The rest is history.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

That is quite interesting. Perhaps we could make it so that Celestia would casually support such slavery. Not openly, fully endorsing it but in secret, she desired that everyone who was a non-pony be enslaved. While Luna didn't like this, Celestia would manipulate and attempt to control Luna in such a way that she wouldn't be a threat. 

Perhaps Celestia did not use the elements of harmony to banish Nightmare Moon. They would resist her urge to use them, and she instead would use another artifact. Not sure, but I'd call it something like the Requiem Blaster. It was only able to be used once, and after it disintegrated into nothing. This is why Celestia had the mane 6 use the elements of harmony, because she could not use them herself as it rejected those that were pure of heart.

Revealing Diamond was one of the original bearers of the element of honesty. While Celestia took note of this, she did not know of Revealing Diamond's loyalty to Princess Luna, as Revealing Diamond has the innate ability to sense the intents of others with her special eye. Perhaps the eye she has is something that happened when she was young. Maybe she had an accident where she poked her eye out with a rock, and in her cries of pain an old stallion came to her and healed her, but the eye she has now is the result of that. Nobody knows who that stallion was, but she remembered him bearing a resemblance to Starswirl the bearded, whether it was actually him or not, she would never know.

Infinity Glow was one of Luna's elite guards at the time. He was a very loyal stallion to Luna, and performed quite well in the past. He was honorable, loyal. The cult you see here consists of Infinity Glow, Revealing Diamond, an intelligent stallion (who you see in the post I made) named Clockwise who is some sort of 'seer' who could interpret events to some degree and manipulate the space and time around his physical body after being embedded with a strange crystal that absorbed itself into his bloodstream after he fell on the battlefield, and arose afterwards under mysterious circumstances.

Among them are two others named Subliminal and Eustace. Subliminal is a pony not unlike that of Fluttershy, but more 'Night' themed with the ability to calm others down merely by being around her. Using subliminal cues of course. Eustace is pegasus stallion who'd often give to the poor or less fortunate (slaves) in his spare time. 

There is an Earth pony named Vermillion, who was renowned for her ability to speak with words and poetry. She got her poetry from the specter who Luna made a deal with. However, Celestia basically 'canceled' that and jailed Vermillion for her anti-Celestia tones within her poetry. She was also once a cheery mare, using her words to brighten the days of others. 

The Sun and Moon
There is only room for one

The Sun, who shrouds the land in brilliance 

The Moon, who defends those with perseverence

Against the brilliant rays of the dead of heart

The sun, who has made the depart

Against the unity of it all, with her rays of the many days

The Nightmare 'cult' you see is made of 6 different ponies...who were the original bearers of the elements of harmony. This was all hidden from history. If it wasn't for Celestia's swift banishment of Nightmare Moon and her 6 elements of harmony, they would have succeeded. 

Clockwise - Magic

Infinity Glow - Loyalty

Revealing Diamond - Honesty

Vermillion - Laughter

Subliminal - Kindness

Eustace - Generosity

Due to Nightmare Moon's transformation, and agony of banishment the elements of harmony had 'left' her behind due to her transformation and corruption. Within the moon this occurred. Meaning that, these bearers could no longer use the elements of harmony because of their hateful emotions during the banishment, and the fact that they were out of 'reach' beyond what the elements could sense. So, the elements would eventually hold new bearers, that being the mane 6. Although the mane 6 were amazing, good, and all that, Celestia remained the same deep down. Perhaps even to the point she forgets that she is in truth, a manipulative megalomaniac and dictator and all of that works subconsciously.

Due to the time passing, and after Nightmare Moon had returned the 6 ponies had stayed in hiding as when Nightmare Moon was set free by the four stars. I like to call them 'cornerstones', as there are 4 cardinal directions. West, East, North, South. Celestia had sent out her loyalists and guards to hunt them down, they resist being captured and quickly move from place to place in order to avoid being jailed, or worse. 

While wandering the land, they seek to bring back Luna under the influence of the Nightmare, and restore her to the way she was before banishment and have Celestia face justice for all the crimes of her years. The 'Eternal Night' is a guise of which to generalize them as 'dumb cultists' while hiding their real history.  

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Hmmm... You certainly have a far darker Celestia than I do or frankly am comfortable with. I always thought of Celestia as genuinely kind, just flawed. Celestia's flaw is that of loneliness. Being an immortal she will never die, but she is still a social creature, needing the love of others for her mental health. As such she has the deep seated fear that her little ponies would one day leave her behind, leave her to fade into obscurity, alive but forgotten.

Due to this fear of being left behind she would allow her ponies to do things she would otherwise oppose in order to endear herself to her ponies and remain relevant. She modifies history so that she appears infalible because she thinks if ponies found out she had been wrong they would doubt her now and decide to ignore her.

As to the old elements, I had Celestia pegged as the element of Magic, losing her connection for using the elements against Luna. Them still being alive today complicates things, Disciple specifically didn't kill the elements as only in death or using the elements contrary to their harmonic purpose would the elements choose a new bearer. But I suppose we don't need to agree on this point. I've got a lot more lore in that direction explored in A Cultural Exchange (Specifically Exchange of Dreams and Exchange of Serenity) and one section of Escape from Deep Science.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

When something is too good to be true, it usually isn't. That is what Celestia is to me, really. I imagine she has a ton of dark secrets and is more comparable to say, Stalin than one of a pure heart. As to what you say of the Cultural Exchange, what do you mean by that?