Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Anyone want to rp?

Props Valroa

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

I'll read those in a bit. And yes, when it comes to MLP lore I tend to have rather dark ideas for it. Such things interest me, corrupt and bankrupt leaders ruling through false images...wars, destruction, ideological struggles, it all is pretty fascinating.

As for Disciple, I hope you don't mind those ponies being an old elements of harmony in the lore, I'd say they'd be stronger than what you may think in order to have a 'balance' with Disciple since he seems a rather strong character.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 1

@Califorum

I brought in Disciple to be an even match for Cali, he's nearly as powerful as Discord.

I'll allow you to free Infinity, but it comes at a cost. Disciple wasn't lying when he mentioned being able to reduce him to atoms, he had lined his coat with the diamond particulates to control his movement, so he'd now have papercuts across, well, his whole body in addition to a large amount of hair being ripped out. Thats in addition to the pain associated with having a being ripped out of your mind.

Infinity would be in a great deal of pain to put it lightly, unless you want to shift things around? It's easier to use the explosive as a distraction, then teleport Infinity out from under him. Infinity would have a headache from the sudden lost connection snapping him back to his own head, but otherwise fine.

I'll respond tomorrow.

@Illiad Easle

Well from the way I saw it was using the explosion as a distraction, and then teleport him away. Then I suppose the group could either teleport away or go invisible, escape the area since the situation is not proving conductive to them.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

There's certainly a number of things that could happen with these old elements. Do they feel jealous of the new elements? Disciple is rather protective of the new elements now, having decided that he is the only one allowed to torment them after all the effort he's put into them.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Califorum

There's certainly a number of things that could happen with these old elements. Do they feel jealous of the new elements? Disciple is rather protective of the new elements now, having decided that he is the only one allowed to torment them after all the effort he's put into them.

If anything, they feel lost and without a purpose. They feel abandoned, and lost in a different age and desperately want to bring back the direction they had in the prior years. 

• 1 month later...

@Illiad Easle

I think a good way to end this RP off would be them reaching the village. I'm rather unsure of what else we can do in the future with this. I believe that Cali, at least the one in this RP has found her 'calling' - making up for her mistakes and helping others along the way. I think that leaving it off with them sort of realizing, what they are 'meant' to be or what they can do in the future would be a good way to leave this one off? As I'm unsure of what can happen next if I'm honest. :adorkable:

I think that soon, we can think of ideas for a new Roleplay, I'd probably be using another character or conjure up some new ones entirely. We could create our own lore for it, or I can go along with your lore and we can base a new thing off of that. I feel like an issue with this roleplay was that I was using a rather powerful character which made it easy to solve situations without the 'struggle' that you'd expect. While you matched, sometimes showed characters with more power than mine, I feel as if powerful characters make it too 'easy' if you get what I mean. Something to avoid next time, or at least, plan out better next time?

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

I'd say that's a very succinct way to put it, and I think that's a reasonable stopping point for the story. I didn't have anything planned past that destination anyway.

When it comes to character power levels, I agree that it is often hard to use them for that exact reason, most situations are too easily solved with immense power. They need very different sorts of problems for them to be interesting, that's why I tried to pose more moral/intellectual challenges as they are harder if not impossible to circumvent with raw power.

I would be inclined to doing another RP with you in the future, you have been interesting to play with so far. If you're not opposed to using a premade character, stepping into a predefined role, or playing a whole side of characters, there's an RP I've been wanting to do for a while now.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

The most interesting part of this roleplay was the part when Blue trapped Twilight and Cali in the dream. That is what made Cali sort of realize what she had been doing. She had been too reckless and self-serving in her plans she didn't really notice the morality involved. With Blu, she felt like she had a friend in him and felt betrayed but, he had his reasons to do what he did. Cali's backstory here was vaguely influenced from previous roleplays I was in (some were at least 4-5 years ago, some even further back) to some extent.

For those reasons, I feel as if I won't be playing Cali again. I've made so many variations on her character over the years. At least 8-9 different 'versions' of her character, probably more than I can remember. I'd like to do a new character entirely, one with a different personality and focus than her. Cali was selfish, had a long convoluted backstory, and was generally all over the place. In the end, she had her reasons for why she did what she did, but she is far from a saint. 

As for your other RP idea, I'm all ears. That's not something I have done before, though. As long as there is a good degree of leeway and freedom in those roles or characters I could very well enjoy playing such a thing, if I like what I'd be playing however. Although I prefer making up my own characters, I can easily make up any character. Ponies are easy character designs. I have noticed you have been doing the same in the Aether Project, that is usually what I had been doing in roleplays in the past. Perhaps I could play a more 'simple' or 'down to earth' character, one who is very different from Cali so it offers me a different writing experience, and you getting something different too.

If we are going to play your idea, I'd like there to be one 'main' character that I am playing. First thought is a pegaus or earth pony. Simple. Not convoluted, destructive, or complex like Cali was. Easier to work with. Your idea is something I have not done before, I'd like to try it out, see where it leads. 

As for Unexpected Guest, we could simply call it here and you can make one final post on it that sort of 'concludes', you have free reign over that if you wish. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

23 hours ago, Monotonality said:

As for Unexpected Guest, we could simply call it here and you can make one final post on it that sort of 'concludes', you have free reign over that if you wish. 

If that's what you want, then that is what shall happen.

As to the new RP here's the basic premise:

Set in Equestria, sometime around Twilight becoming a princess (I'm not sure it matters much so I am not partial to pre or post alicornification)

An alien object is seen crashing down to Equis, spotted by Twilight, Luna, and the CMC.

The object passes very close overhead of Appaloosa before crashing down in the San Palomino desert not far from Dodge JCT.

Three groups approach the object: The Elements, the CMC, and a group of Equestrian guards. You could be in charge of one or all of those groups, or if you know two others willing then the three of you could each take charge of one of the groups.

The Elements and the guards arrive at about the same time, each group trying to take charge of the encounter/investigation I imagine a grizzled guard captain butting heads with Twilight, who will not be deterred from investigating the alien object.

The CMC came secretly, believing that the alien object could give them their marks (This invariably occurs prior in canon to them getting their marks.)

The CMC get attacked by a desert chimera and rescued by one of the aliens, they are then taken inside the spaceship which then raises its shields as the guards and elements see the CMC being brought aboard.

That's where the story begins, the guard group would also have an ambassador with them in addition to the normal guard types. The guards are the easiest to make your own, as the other two groups are fairly well defined already, but I'm also not too concerned with things being 100% in character.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

I have to say I am pleased with your finishing post there!

As for your idea there, there is plenty of conversation to be had about this! I would not have too much problem playing multiple characters such as NPCs in small moments throughout the story. I can play Twilight (I am already playing her within a roleplay) although my knowledge of canon events and having to fit the role of a princess would be rather difficult for me. When I play Twilight, I usually play her as she was at the very start of the show or some alternate universe to make it easier on me. Often times, having her not having much experience so she is swayed one direction or the other and ending up quite different than she would in the canon timeline.

As for the CMC I have not played them before. But "Meeting Alien Cutie marks!" in their shrill, innocent voice is hilarious. If I am going to play them, why not have them GET their cutie marks right there and then? Would be something, wouldn't it? 

As for the guards, I could easily make them my own. I had a guard OC in the past as an idea I've never actually used. His name was Stern Steel. A guard who for all intents and purposes is a bumbling idiot who doesn't know what he is doing for his job. Only kept around since of how good he is at fighting. I could easily come up with other characters for guards, as the guard types are fairly easy characters for me to play. 

As for playing the mane 6, I would find that rather difficult. In Unexpected Guest as you noticed I avoided that. If I would be playing the mane 6, CMC, and other guards it would be a lot to handle. If we go with this idea I'd like to handle the CMC and the guards themselves. Suppose that, maybe we could come up with our own lore for this. Maybe the mane 6 never got together and the problems that Equestria faced (Discord, Tirek, Chrysalis) happened differently. Discord being put back into stone, Nightmare Moon had returned but somehow she had struck an agreement with Celestia, she would rule alongside Celestia but drop the Eternal night and would get the respect she deserved (re-uniting the two sisters, and Celestia taking responsibility for Nightmare Moon being ignored). Chrysalis and her army were defeated and regrouped beyond Equestria, while for Tirek it is possible he never escaped tartarus.

This all is very interesting to me. What do you think of my ideas? 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

I'm glad you like it!

23 hours ago, Monotonality said:

As for the CMC I have not played them before. But "Meeting Alien Cutie marks!" in their shrill, innocent voice is hilarious. If I am going to play them, why not have them GET their cutie marks right there and then? Would be something, wouldn't it? 

Funny you should mention it, for the CMC I actually had a whole arc planned for them, they'd each spend some time with some of the different aliens in different parts of the ship, each learning one of the ship jobs, each earning their marks in said aspect at or towards the end of the story when they decide to leave with the aliens once the ship is repaired.

I then had the idea where they'd come back a few years later looking for someone to marry, they'd go home in disguise so no one would know they were the space mares such that they could find those who would love them not just for the free ticket to go to space.

I imagined a scene where they'd meet up in a cafe lamenting the fact that no one was interested in dating them because they were too busy looking for the space mares to try and date them. (I thought that would be a fun twist.)

Anyway, I don't have too many of the specifics planned out for them beside the start and the end, which I'm rather fond of and I think it makes sense for them. I can get into a bit more detail later if you like.

On 2021-05-02 at 9:24 PM, Monotonality said:

As for the guards, I could easily make them my own. I had a guard OC in the past as an idea I've never actually used. His name was Stern Steel. A guard who for all intents and purposes is a bumbling idiot who doesn't know what he is doing for his job. Only kept around since of how good he is at fighting. I could easily come up with other characters for guards, as the guard types are fairly easy characters for me to play. 

I kept the guards vague for that exact reason, so they'd be easy to insert into. They can be disposed of as necessary and have conflicting interests among themselves. So long as they seem to have the good of Equestria generally in their motivations, then you're free to do as you like. I wouldn't be surprised if the guards are divided between considering the aliens a threat or an opportunity.

On 2021-05-02 at 9:24 PM, Monotonality said:

As for playing the mane 6,

We could make it early enough that Twilight is not yet a princess, that would give you some leeway with them. I could also take charge of them for the beginning portion when they're most prevalent and gradually let the guards take charge of the issue, convincing Twilight to step back.

I'm not looking for a show accurate representation of them, nor for all of them to say something in every scene, but if the CMC are involved you can bet R,RD, and AJ would be involved to some extent. We could also look for someone else willing to take on their role, they could also take control of the princesses and nobles if the story goes that way.

I'm disinclined to changing the past, the point of this prompt is that the premise is simple, no need to invent a whole new world for it to take place in, we've already got characters we recognize put into an unfamiliar situation, they're already bound to act somewhat differently to how they did in the show.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

From what you say here this all seems very complicated and I cannot exactly go along with it. I'd prefer we either do something else, or a simplified version of this. I'm not all to inclined to seek group roleplay as of this moment, not all that interested with it. Do you have any other ideas? This is all just too much for me. I cannot RP more than one set 'group' so to speak, at least of this magnitude.

Playing the CMC? I could probably try that. It sounds interesting :laugh:

Edited by Monotonality
  • Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

That's fair, I suppose I have pre written maybe a bit too much of that, but I am still somewhat fond of what I had planned for the CMC.

I'll give you two options:

The one I prefer is this: We scrap the idea of the elements getting involved and just leave you in charge of the guards. The simplified premise then states that your group was sent out to investigate the alien object, and upon seeing what some of the guards assume was an alien abduction (The CMC being taken aboard by one of the aliens) their parameters change to getting the CMC back.

The alternative is the far simpler one where you get the CMC, but I don't think that story can go very far as I don't rightly know how the guards might react.

Potential compromise is you can do the CMC and some of the guards, and I can do an opposing faction of the guards to keep things interesting? That way I don't have to fight myself with the guards and you get the CMC, which allows you to see the aliens from both perspectives.

The aliens are from FTL if you want a visual reference.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

With the elements removed from the equation, this is far more doable for me. You can have the CMC and I can have my group of guards? I will have 3 lead guards, and some other unimportant guards. A team of 5? 10? How many guards we talking here?

For the guards I will be playing:

Preston Star: Light purple mare with purple eyes, pink and darker purple mane and tail. Inquisitive, yet cautious sort. Cutie mark is a blue star surrounded by a white swirl. She is a unicorn who focuses on barrier and shield magic. Defense. Questions everything, quite curious. Physically weaker than Stern Steel but not as weak as Fly Heart. Special weapon is a shield.

Stern Steel:  White pegaus, blue eyes and brown hair and tail. Cutie mark is that of a steel sword inter crossing with a rod of steel. Total ass, arrogant prick but he is very protective of other ponies. A real guard sort, seldomly speaks and is rather gruff. He is used to physical fighting, and can deal hard physical blows. Rather dumb, hard headed. Special weapon is a sword. 

Fly Heart: Calm green color, dark green eyes. Minty colored mane and tail. Cutie mark is a red heart with a pair of white wings. Diplomatic sort, tries to defuse situations before they escalate. When fighting, she is fairly quick, nimble. But physically frail and weak. Has a blow dart gun that shoots darts that can make normal creatures fall asleep or make them dizzy / hazed.

I could play one of the CMC, perhaps Sweetie Belle while you play the other two? So I can sort of have both the guard perspective, and a perspective of the 3 fillies? Although I may not match her character / personality well. 

If you have any ideas, comments, suggests, etc just ask. 

Edited by Monotonality
  • Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

You really are motivated for this, I'm impressed.

As to the number of guards, I think 10 is a nice number, and you can always ask for more from the crown if you think the situation warrants it. Maybe you start with 5 and summon more immediately? I'll leave that up to you, just no more than 15 to start out with.

The guards you've presented sound good, they could both work good together or be at each other's throats depending on the situation.

As to the CMC, Sweetie Belle has an important speech to give towards the end, if you're willing to give that speech I have no problems with you playing Sweetie. She gets the most personal interactions with the aliens anyway.

I'll have time to set up the first post on Saturday. I'll link it here once it's up.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Thank you.

As for the guards, I can start out with 5 guards. Those 3 will be the ones named, perhaps I will name and create other characters for the other guards as we go along. Some of them will just be faceless NPCs going along with it. Although I am not sure how they would 'summon' the other guards? Communication spell back to headquarters or something? Magical walky talkies?

For Sweetie, I would do my best with it. I wish to avoid this being too 'structured', but there will be structure (more so than our previous 1x1 RP). With me playing these characters, I wouldn't like it all to be set in stone from the start, with a good bit of leeway but a general idea of where it may end (with variations depending on what I do with my characters) sounds like a plan to me.

You can start this one off as you see fit as this is your idea we are going with here. 

@Illiad Easle

I uncovered some notes written about Cali's enemies, this was back in like late 2016. What do you think of this? Although you may not get the context. 

The creature comes from what is called a "third level" universe, on a plane aligned with other "avatars" like him. The actual City is a "first level,"(above a bunch of parallel universes) being "second level". Essentially, he's on a higher plane.

The Snarl was twisted into existence by the creature to gain revenge. The only place it could truly be said to come from is the City itself.

The Snarl's the way they are partially because of mental distortions and feedback loops, causing them to often misinterpret their own thoughts. They don't particularly like this state of affairs. They blamed another person's characters characters for their destruction, but eventually they got distracted and mistook mine (Cali and others) characters for the ones who did it. All they saw when they looked at my characters were things that shouldn't exist the way they did, and they mistakenly believed that my characters had killed them. The creature's influence was involved as well.

The creature's the equivalent of a tired office worker, feeling responsible for things he really doesn't want to do that are tedious, but doing them anyway. He's frustrated, both with my characters' stubborn immobility and the various limits on his own power. He's paused time, parted unstoppable attacks, and created forms that can practically kill gods, and he's pissed that even that isn't enough. He knows that he probably shouldn't be doing these things, that he shouldn't be interacting with the City directly at all, but it's too late. So he's also quite nervous that he'll get caught doing things he shouldn't before he straightens everything out. It's a combination of disappointment, frustration, nerves, and anger with him.

The creature's true name is a tightly guarded secret, but his alias is Sparks. He's also gone by other names, like Mercury, Ironblade, and Pastan, also the Huntsman.

Sparks came to the City mostly because he got so angry he started interfering with events directly, starting with the time he accidentally merged himself with the Snarl. After this, he couldn't quite remove himself from the events of the City so he started interacting with it subtly, mostly because he's not really one to miss an opportunity.

Theoretically, Sparks is capable of doing anything imaginable, but his own pride and respect for the rules usually limits him to using his creatures, which mostly remove and reorder things to his vision of what was supposed to happen. He can also transform the forms he uses into stickers, wall art, or other images to preserve or conceal them for later use.

The Snarl, aside from being able to destroy and hold things using string magic, would also have theoretically been able to use simple spells with enough practice, though mostly things like creating enormous destructive explosions and uncontrolled mana streams.

And the creature, it must suffice to say, is much smaller and much less intimidating than you would think.

@Illiad Easle

Sounds good, we'll use this for continued OOC chat, I'd ward against allowing further people to join as I would be concerned about having to wait for other people and it seems like we have a good plan. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce Glimmer

Hence why they need to come here first. If they can keep up, or if we can give them a role we wouldn't need to wait on, I see no reason why they couldn't join. But if they can't then no worries. 

If anyone wants to, they can and we'll discuss it. Who is the captain of the guard here, do you want them to be an OC mine? I have an OC who could be the captain of Luna's guard. Perhaps these ponies aren't in Celestia's guard, but rather Luna's guard? What do you think of that?

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce Glimmer

I left that intentionally vague so you could have the option. You can take the role of the captain or have your characters dispatched by the captain. I don't have a preference if your characters are from the Solar or Lunar guard, or some mix, it's all up to you.

• Brohoof 1