Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Discussion

Will Guide

I'm enjoying Super Mario 35. A Battle Royale-style Super Mario Bros. itself makes the game more intense. So far, I've got 10 first place wins. How are you doing on the game if you do have it?

This isn't exactly related to the Mario 35th anniversary, but I've been watching streamers play a lot of Super Mario Galaxy, and honestly I kind of want to plug my old Wii back in and play that game again! Watching the streamers play the game it really brings back a lot of good memories I have of me and my younger brother playing that game for hours and hours, it's probably one of the games I spent the most time playing during my childhood :D Galaxy doesn't look as hard as I remember it though, and my brother agrees, not exactly sure why that is though :huh: Not that there aren't certain levels that do still look pretty challenging, like the Purple Coin Comet on the Battle Rock Galaxy (yikes) but it overall doesn't look quite as daunting of a game as it did when I was younger, maybe it's because I have more experience playing video games now that I'm older? I'm not exactly sure :fluttershy:

On 10/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, Photon Jet said:

I'm enjoying Super Mario 35. A Battle Royale-style Super Mario Bros. itself makes the game more intense. So far, I've got 10 first place wins. How are you doing on the game if you do have it?

I played Four matches so far and the highest ranking I can get so far is four out of 35. surprisingly the stats say that I have not done a single KO which I can only assume means one of the enemy that I defeated had destroyed one of the other Mario players. either way it's a pretty exciting level where it's not about beating the level quickly but more about staying alive and keeping the timer up

All in All, it'll be fun while it lasts for the next 6 months

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got Mario Kart Live Home Circuit. Mario Set.

PXL_20201022_014938966.thumb.jpg.505c0aad9284a828508c7e1dce785b66.jpg

PXL_20201022_014853885.thumb.jpg.b3788973e3973ed42ea0b2d79e90d3fc.jpg

Now my one disappointment was that because most of my house is carpet, it can be a little slow to drive on compared to when it's on hard tile that's in the kitchen or on the downstairs hallway. Not to mention it made me realize that there's some parts of my bedroom floor where the carpet's all bunched up. This means my Kart can get a little stuck if I drive it in the wrong spot.

Thankfully most of the downstairs rooms seem to work with the Kart just fine. I just have to think of creative ways to make a good track in a house where it's easy to bump a car into a dead end.

The numbered gates used for making a track were a little bigger than I thought but I managed to make them fit where they can go. One humorous moment was that my kitty cat actually jumped over the gate without bumping it over. And I actually thought the cat was going to chase my Kart around but instead she just sat there in the corner just staring and keeping her gaze on it whenever it passed by.

For my first test drive I did a simple circle around a large table. I got dead last on the first race but that's because I'm just getting used to the controls. Once I was in explore mode where I can freely drive around before the race starts, I was having a bit of a blast moving the Kart around the house.

So all in all I think this was a creative idea from Nintendo. and it actually gave me some more initiative to cleaning the house and pick things off the floor so I could have a fair race track.

Have any of you other guys managed to try this game?

Finished Sunshine. Instead of p,aging the others, I got back to Hyrule Warriors and see how far in adventure mode I can get, before I either need another break from it, or Age of Calamity gets released

• 2 months later...

Earlier today a trailer had finally been dropped about the all new Bowser's Fury mode found in in the February Switch release of Super Mario 3D World.

Me personally I'm excited for one simple reason:

Spoiler

It would appear that Bowser Jr decided to team up with Mario if it will mean getting his father back. He even gets to use the paint brush from Sunshine to assist

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Earlier today a trailer had finally been dropped about the all new Bowser's Fury mode found in in the February Switch release of Super Mario 3D World.

Me personally I'm excited for one simple reason:

Hide contents

It would appear that Bowser Jr decided to team up with Mario if it will mean getting his father back. He even gets to use the paint brush from Sunshine to assist

Even without that new campaign, I would buy SM3DW. But damn, that extra kicks ass :kirin:. But damn, that Bowser seems even more threatening than Giga Bowser :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Which Super Mario 3D World Plus Bowser's Fury just hours away, I can't help but put this obscure Disney song about cats up:

Plus there's about a month and a half left for Super Mario Bros. 35

• 1 month later...

FB_IMG_1616378771555.thumb.jpg.ae390f9423db4410a1c508770dbbffa3.jpg

FB_IMG_1616378776744.thumb.jpg.66bb7d75c48056da3eb6fec55e70dd6f.jpg

With all the Shine Sprites collected in Super Mario Sunshine of Super Mario 3D All Stars all I have left is just a few more stars in Galaxy. Has anybody else managed to complete all three Mario games?

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

FB_IMG_1616378771555.thumb.jpg.ae390f9423db4410a1c508770dbbffa3.jpg

FB_IMG_1616378776744.thumb.jpg.66bb7d75c48056da3eb6fec55e70dd6f.jpg

With all the Shine Sprites collected in Super Mario Sunshine of Super Mario 3D All Stars all I have left is just a few more stars in Galaxy. Has anybody else managed to complete all three Mario games?

Comp,eyed 100% in all but Sunshine, but in their respective original releases, not the anniversary port (I haven’t even begin playing  those yet :D)

Well, I did manage to get 3D All Stars around Christmas time. I finished Sunshine (Not all Shines yet), am mostly done with Mario 64 and I just started the Fountain in Galaxy. I would've finished Galaxy by now, but I actually did a playthrough of it before I bought the collection, so I'll probably give it a bit more time before I jump back in.