Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What religion would each of the Mane 6 be?

AveryGamerDude

The church of friendship, it's my religion to... If this is more so an "if they lived in our world" scenario, if these same identities/cultural personalities were in our world as opposed to their own, they might not even be the same ponies... I don't think Applejack is necessarily religious just bc she's traditional and I don't think Twilight is necessarily unreligious bc she's rooted in recorded facts and less so existential sentiment... But as you see in FiM, her moral sense of authority, and superstition increases, ponies like Pinkie are very superstitious and we see other ponies like AJ respecting these seemingly random rituals that are faith/spiritually inclined... and eventually Twilight come to respect these instances she can't explain... I don't think with the overwhelming lack of evidence to actually disprove god(irl), and Twilight's own realizations on instances that can't be explained in her own world that she would be anything other than agnostic, but accompanied by an experimenters title...

Fluttershy has/has had a lot of lovable pets, my guess is (as a former/current) pet owner myself, that she has a lot of faith based sentiments and wishes comparable to the same type of faith based sentiments "I believe" Applejack's family dynamic would give her..

And fully embracing "loyalty" as part of your core philosophy can lead you to almost religious like ritual behaviors that compliment your sense of obligation toward those you feel it is most owed toward, and I think this could impact rainbow dash potentially, someone less interested in all the details and that only needs to live by baseline facts, sometimes it's easier to explain circumstance by tying it to the idea of destiny, and treating ones own talents/place in the world as more of a predetermined idea, even without calling narcissism out for being an unattractive personality trait, sometimes it's tied in with someone's faith/belief that their individuality is surely a mark of an intelligent designer and that none of their behaviors/personality quirks could be tied to heavily to anyone else, they are "one of a kind" something that less religious ppl try to veer away from bc they aren't sentimental and often times want limited information to bind others with a greater sense of purpose, lust for accomplishment, and sense of individuality to their nihilistic pessimistic limited perspective, it's how a "well versed atheist" feels better about his place in the world by trying to make others come to terms with unproven theories about the universe that make you feel as small as they do, they want you to be comfortable with nihilistic overdrive like them lol ..

Twilight Sparkle - Atheist. She's naturally a skeptic.

Rarity - Christian maybe? I don't know

Rainbow Dash - Probably atheist or at least agnostic. She doesn't seem like the type to follow rules or philosophy

Fluttershy - Buddhist

Applejack - Christian

Pinkie Pie - Is secretly the god of Equestria in mortal form

Spike - Worships his dragon ancestors

Starlight Glimmer - Atheism

9 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Twilight Sparkle - Atheist. She's naturally a skeptic.

Rarity - Christian maybe? I don't know

Rainbow Dash - Probably atheist or at least agnostic. She doesn't seem like the type to follow rules or philosophy

Fluttershy - Buddhist

Applejack - Christian

Pinkie Pie - Is secretly the god of Equestria in mortal form

Spike - Worships his dragon ancestors

Starlight Glimmer - Atheism

There is no way Twilight or Starlight would be atheist, and being a skeptic would probably make you lean agnostic, but you are entitled to your opinions, also thinking RD is atheist is almost comical to me, but like I said haha your perspective

• 4 weeks later...

I never really got the feeling that "religion" was even existent in this world. But definitely some myths and folklore. More like stories and urban legenda than actual deities that arw worshipped lol

That's a tricky one to answer but I think it be. 

Twilight - Paganism: I feel she displays The Pillars of Equestria in later seasons as a symbol of equestria's hope and wellbeing. I think The pillars display a relation to the Nordic gods in a way  
Applejack - Evangelical Christian: I feel she's probably the one closest to the gospel and would pursue to live a life the way Jesus did
Rainbow Dash - Atheist: She doesn't seem the type of pony to worship a god and Idolizes figures in physical existence over spirit
Fluttershy - Buddhism: I honestly can't decide why she'd be a Buddhist, but she naturally seems to be the pony who'd believe in it
Rarity - Roman Catholic: Maybe at least brush the surface? I mean, she'd definitely appreciate the architectures of a roman catholic church 
Pinkie Pie - Agnostic: No Idea

Edited by Whirlwind