Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is main for you, the fandom or the show?

Vefka

I recently realized that the only thing that keeps me in fandom is,,, well fandom. I like characters that were portrayed in fandom (including mane 6), I like all kinds of fandom art and people here. I'm thankful to FiM for making the brony fandom initially, but it's kinda not needed for me anymore, I dropped it after S5 and watched till the end only a year ago just because I wanted to watch something. Without bronies MLP is just an above-the-average show for me which I wouldn't stick to for longer than a few months

What about you?

• Brohoof 2

Honestly? Neither. Like, I like the show, and I like certain communities, but the last few seasons felt like they were actively vindictive to me for liking the wrong characters(and the leaks confirming this certainly didn't help), and there's too much bullshit in this fandom for me to ever get truly invested

Both.  The fandom is really cool, and the show is too. 

Well I’d say it’s the characters that hooked me to the show rather than the show itself.  If the characters hadn’t been ponies, I don’t think I’d have touched it.   That’s what made it special to me. 

• Brohoof 5

The fandom I think and the content they make

In the beginning it was the ironic memes and stuff tho haha

The show is good on its own but like not the same without the fan stuff which expands on or even changes characters in the show

• Brohoof 1

I actually joined the Mlp Fandom because of the series My Little Pony Tales, so neither the G4 show nor the fandom is main for me but simply the Mlp Franchise in general. Sure, i dont like everything, including a lot of G4 even, but i enjoy enough of the franchise to consider staying a fan forever.

The reason why the fandom isnt part of it is because this was one of 2 Fandoms i initially had bad experiences with, although it was mostly with the german brony community.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't active in the fandom (apart from Equestria Daily and YouTube comment sections) for about 2 years until I created an account here. To this day, the show itself is still my number one reason for being a fan, even though I'm more into the fandom now. I do credit the fandom for calling attention to the show. I probably wouldn't have begun to watch it if other bronies hadn't started posting about it all over the internet. :wacko:

• Brohoof 4

The fandom has become more and more of the "main" for me, I barely watch the show these days but that's only because I've been so busy, I don't really have time to sit down and watch anything and anyway I spend my free time doing other things, so I guess you could say other interests have taken over. :adorkable: I'm planning on getting back into watching the show though, soon.

• Brohoof 3

First and foremost, it's always been the show. :grin: I only actually starting thinking of the fandom when I joined here. :sealed: I'm not a talented person at all so if I tried to make art, it would come out horrendous. :mlp_wat: That's not to say I don't enjoy the fandom. :ooh: Some of the first MLP videos I watched were some of the better 'Ponies in Real Life' videos which kind of cemented my love for the show even further. :ticking:

But no matter what, I'm here because of the show and the six ponies who have changed my life. :wub:

A5A8A9A0-9774-41C3-BC4A-E596DDC296C1.gif

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

It's a bit of both. Obviously I liked the show, but other than here and maybe one or two other places, I'm not really that involved with the fandom. But as small as my involvement is, if it weren't for it, I probably wouldn't have been nearly as invested in the show as I ended up being.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
On 2020-09-19 at 10:09 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

First and foremost, it's always been the show. :grin: I only actually starting thinking of the fandom when I joined here. :sealed: I'm not a talented person at all so if I tried to make art, it would come out horrendous. :mlp_wat: That's not to say I don't enjoy the fandom. :ooh: Some of the first MLP videos I watched were some of the better 'Ponies in Real Life' videos which kind of cemented my love for the show even further. :ticking:

But no matter what, I'm here because of the show and the six ponies who have changed my life. :wub:

A5A8A9A0-9774-41C3-BC4A-E596DDC296C1.gif

Well said, my friend! :eager: The same is true for me. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I'm definitely more of a fan of the Fandom side of MLP than the show as it's very repetitive to watch. As it's made for kids, it usually works and reaches it's intended audience very well  but I have a preference for interacting with the fandom more. I've also met many amazing people and made a few friends in the process of associating myself with MLP fandom so I have no regrets hehe.

• Brohoof 1

Oh definitely the fandom. It's fanworks that got me to give the show a chance and it's what's kept me a brony all these years later. Bronies can take what MLP delivered and bring it to it's full potential. 

• Brohoof 1

Nowadays, absolutely both. The show is over, and there is still a huge amount of fan stuff to enjoy.

I have been too protective of a brand in the past, and I won't do that for MLP. The fans are way too skilled to be overlooked. They could easily run the whole thing.

• Brohoof 1