Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Longest Anime You've Watched?

Fluttershutter

So I watched the first few episodes of the first Dragon Ball from 1986. It's interesting. The animation is really old school and the story seems pretty young but there are a lot of sex jokes already. I know there are a bunch of Dragon Ball series but I don't know if they're all connected. The story seems so simple I don't know how they could stretch it out over hundreds of episodes.

Anyway I started looking to see what are the longest series I've watched.

Fairy Tail: 428 episodes over a couple of series. Several story arcs kept it interesting.
Bleach: 366 episodes and a few movies. Probably the one I liked least. I liked a lot of the characters but it could really drag.
Inuyasha: 193 episodes over two series and several movies. Could drag a little too but fun to watch.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: 110 episodes. The most mature story of any of these and a great long epic.

• Brohoof 3

One Piece, only got to episode 150 or so until I gave up. I realized that nearly every arc feels the same overall and the villains are all hot air. Got tired of the humor as well. There are definite things I like about the series, but for me it isn't worth wasting so much time on a show that becomes increasingly repetitive while being way too long. It felt entirely redundant at episode 150 and there's what, 900+ episodes now? That is way too much for me to care.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely Naruto, watched so much of it when I was a kid, including the filler episodes. I've kept tabs on so many different animanga series through manga, the comics, but watching a super long anime series all the way from beginning to end is just something I do not have the time for anymore. 

Probs jus naruto but I dun remember where i got up to oof I did wanna start watching again but blegh

I guess u could count pokemon but i dunno how many i watched or maybe doraemon those kinda ongoing shows.

The longest anime I've watched is Pokémon though I did skip the final third of the Kalos saga on account that my interest waned overall. After watching select episodes of the Alola saga, I've been binge-watching the arc for the past week minus a few episodes here and there.

• Brohoof 2

Naruto + Naruto Shippuden. 720 episodes, not counting the Boruto series, which I am not fully caught up on. 

Though if you watch every episode in the Dragon Ball franchise, including GT and Kai, that's even longer than Naruto & Shippuden.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

There are a lot of Anime Series i watched, the longest being Case Closed i guess, which might even be longer than any of the other Anime that were mentioned here.

However if it comes to Anime that i watched the most Episodes off, it would probably be the DC Comics Franchise. A lot of the animated stuff they do it outsourced from Asia, and seeing how i watched probably like 15 series or so, even though not all of them are anime, i probably still have watched the most episodes there.

Some of the longest anime I have watched are:

- Naruto + Naruto Shippuden
- Pokemon
- Yu-Gi-Oh
- The Dragon Ball Z series with Dragon Ball, GT, and Super

2 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Isn't Kia just a reedit of Z?

Eeyup. Kai is a retelling of Z, but without any filler from the original content. Basically following closely to the manga. 

• Brohoof 4

long shows (especially animes) def. are usually not my thing. 

I guess I would say My Hero Academia as I've seen every episode except the last two so that's 86 I think. I started watching when the show was in season 3 so yea, then took like 6 month break at the beginning of season 3 cuz I didn't care anymore, then saw the "Hero Too" music video so decided to catch up to that point and haven't touched it since. 

An anime I actually finished would be Soul Eater at 51.

Edited by Miss

Naruto - both original and Shippuden
Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super (I know GT isn't a part of the series truly)
Yu-Gi-Oh - original, GX, 5Ds, and Zexal. I cannot get into the newest one at all and even Zexal was hard to watch.
Sailor Moon
Tenchi Muyo
Yu Yu Hakusho (I don't think it's incredibly long. All episodes are solid)

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, You said:

TBH I am very, very rejecting on starting any anime with more than 200 eps. Especially if it feels it is progressing too slowly and not much happening.

Yeah me too. That's why I've never watched One Piece or Naruto and just now checked out Dragon Ball.

• Brohoof 1

re:zero season 1

no i don't watch that much anime, but that's because there aren't many anime i like and lots of anime are impossible to stream without paying actual cash money (which i don't have because i'm 14 and my single mum isn't made of money)

Edited by Technoblade

• 4 weeks later...