Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your opinion on ultra-violent games?

Vefka

Your opinion on ultra-violent games?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Don't care
    • Dislike

Games like DOOM, Hotline Miami, God of War, Mortal Combat, Prototype, etc, what do you think of them?

Personally, I'm very soft in life, but when it comes to games, oh boy, I love ultra-violence. It's so satisfying for some reason:sneer: But within tasteful limits of course, I'm not a fan of Manhunt or Hatred

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 2

I'm fine with violent video games, most of the games I play feature some degree of violence although I don't pick them out specifically for that reason.  I've enjoyed the Grand Theft Auto series since the very beginning and also games like Hitman, Fallout, Assassins Creed and the most recent crop of Tomb Raider games in which Lara Croft is an absolute steely-eyed murder machine.

My response to those that complain about violence in games will always be that if you don't like it, then don't play it.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 2

If we are talking about games like Manhunt, than no i dont like them.

However if it has more than just ultra violence in it like Mortal Kombat, which also has a lot of lore, i enjoy it. I also enjoyed Loaded and Reloaded on the Ps 1 actually, even though that was just ultra violence without much else, however it had a comic book astethic and a good soundtrack. And they were fun. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

Meh I was never into ultra violet games. The most violent games that I play(ed) are GTA and call of duty. Because we are talking about ultra violet games don't try the uncensored manhunt 2 game or postal. The uncensored version of manhunt 2 was available in Russia. I watched the gameplay on YouTube.

Violence in games was a big deal when I was growing up. Chiller on NES, Night Trap on Sega CD, Mortal Kombat especially 2. I liked the novelty and controversy. Games like Mortal Kombat are over the top and cartoonish. But Manhunt is realistic and disturbing. But I don't like violent live action movies for the exact same reason. :confused: To me, the fact that it is a game gives it enough detachment.

• Brohoof 2

As long as the developers are not forced to study scenes of real violence, I am completely fine with these games. In fact, I don't even pay attention to violence most of the time during the game.

• Brohoof 1

I have played violent video games for years and I've never once felt the need to act out the violence, unlike what far right snowflakes would have you believe.

Though most of the games I have played don't really cross the line into ultra-violent, I still don't see why the far right Karens get so offended by them.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t mind it, but it is not something I specifically play a game for. I know Mortal Kombat is kind of known for this kind of over the top violence, but I don’t particularly care for it. Honestly, I find games like The Last of Us brand of violence a little more disturbing than any of the games the OP mentioned. 

Don't like them. Don't like gore and i find it kinda sick to want to see that constantly and play pretend as if you are doing it. I mean, I do think about it but actually seeking this kind of experiences as shock impact or stress relief or whatever is the next step and one i'm not willing to partake in.

• Brohoof 2

They don't bother me a bit. I was playing Grand Theft Auto III at age 10. Never have I found the violence to be an issue, with only one specific case making me feel kinda off.. It is why I think the censorship of Manhunt 2 was ridiculous. Yeah, the kills in that game are especially brutal with their realism and sound design but the ESRB exists for a reason. The thing I mentioned where a specific type of violence did bother me a bit was the torture mission in GTA V. That actually made me feel uncomfortable, but regardless of how I feel I would never call for the mission's removal or censorship. As a side note I also fully support games to be allowed an AO (Adults Only) rating. I wish the industry would feel the same way. 

• Brohoof 1

I can't stand violent video games. I don't mind mild cartoony violence toward monsters and the like, like seen in the Zelda and Kingdom Hearts series (you do fight people in KH, but you never kill them). However, killing people is not something I get any enjoyment out of. I'm always very good-natured. Like in Animal Crossing, I wouldn't dare purposefully hit even my most hated villager with a bug net, nor would I tell them No when they ask me for anything.

I really had to deeply test this when I saw Assassin's Creed Odyssey coming out and the Ancient Greek setting enticed me greatly. I had always eyed the AC series from a distance because of using historical settings. Doing one for Ancient Greece was super enticing, because ancient Greece is just gorgeous. The architecture, the pottery, the art. I had to experience this game for myself. I knew that the previous AC eventually came out with a non-violent Discovery Tour version, which was a free download for owners of the game (and was the only way to get it on console, which is essential to me, because I don't have a PC that can run a new AC game, nor do I want to get into that PC stuff), so I... having money at the time Odyssey came out, decided to just buy it when it came out and try it, knowing that if I had to stop playing it because of the violence, a Discovery Tour version would come out later that would allow me to experience the beautiful recreation of Ancient Greece all of the same. And I knew I'd have to buy the original game either way, since I wouldn't get Discovery Tour otherwise.

So... I got brave and decided to just go ahead and try it. I went into the settings and turned off the blood immediately. I ended up playing it. The whole way through. I even Platinumed the game. The very first time I ever Platinumed a game. Yup, that's right. Odyssey was such a finely-tuned game, that even I wanted to play it and 100% it.

I wouldn't say I have changed my views much, though, which is why I included the first paragraph. I don't see myself ever branching out. I had a very specific reason that I picked up Odyssey despite the violence. The only other violent game I might ever pick up is another in the AC series, should I ever find another setting so compelling.

• Brohoof 1