Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you remember any of this?

Disneygirl97

....when Crystal Ponies were considered a rare toy?
....when people got mad over Cadance being an alicorn?

....when Twilight was a regular unicorn?

....Owlicious?

....YAK commercials??

...Golden Oak Library?

....Celestia and Luna were more than just a pair of guards for the royal chairs? (Seriously, people who say Princess Celestia didn't do anything needs to rewatch season one.) 

107816.gif

• Brohoof 4

Back when the show was in it's prime. The characters were still fairly new, yet they were so easy to connect to. The plots were simpler and had a bit more quality. Along with that, character development was very well done. It was a great time for the show, especially compared to seasons eight and nine (not a big fan of those two).

The thing you mentioned which stood out to me the most was Twilight being a unicorn. She was much better as one. Plus, instead of being some princess who didn't have much of a purpose for a while, she was a simple and studious magic student. It allowed her to be way more relatable, and she fit in with the rest of the main characters better. I sure do miss the good old days of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I like all the seasons! Some of them are a little better than others. But I wouldn't want to change or pretend that season 8 or 9 didn't exist. Because they had some pretty Kick-Ass moments too. Especially in the finale. The show has shown that friends can come in all shapes and sizes, even races and species The Young 6 in later seasons prove that.

And you're never too old to learn about friendship.

3 hours ago, Disneygirl97 said:

....when Crystal Ponies were considered a rare toy?
....when people got mad over Cadance being an alicorn?

....when Twilight was a regular unicorn?

....Owlicious?

....YAK commercials??

...Golden Oak Library?

....Celestia and Luna were more than just a pair of guards for the royal chairs? (Seriously, people who say Princess Celestia didn't do anything needs to rewatch season one.) 

107816.gif

I want to remember, but school of Friendship and Twilight's wings are in my way!

Also, nice topic! I needed these reminders :coco:

• Brohoof 2

I remember a bunch of these things since I became a brony in late 2011. Cadence wasn't even a character yet, Luna had just recently changed what she looked like, there were no hints of possibly making any of the mane 6 an alicorn, Pinkie only had 2 sisters and Derpy hadn't caused a controversy yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember all.  And yes, those were good times.  I miss the Golden Oak Library the most.  It was so cute and cozy.  It was just the quintessential setting for all things Pony.  All of my favorite Pony memories and all the best fan-made Pony youtube videos are in that library.