Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summer Sun Celebration Trivia. - 2020 Edition.

Ganondorf8

Summer Sunset Celebration Trivia - 2020 Edition.

Welcome to the 2020 Summer Sunset Celebration Trivia event, or rather, I should say welcome to the third annual Summer Sunset Celebration Trivia seeing as it has happened for the past three years including this one. Anyway, I am sure you all knew that this was going to make another appearance what with me being the resident Sunset Shimmer fan on the forums according to my custom title. So... Do you seek out a brand new badge dedicated to Sunset Shimmer? If you didn't then you wouldn't be here now would you? Anyway, I'm going to be presenting you with at least twelve questions, but before we get to that, there is something I need to address first.

There hasn't been much in the way of Equestria Girls content since last year aside from a special one shot comic so some questions may be repeats from previous years, but this is something which couldn't be helped due to EQG having concluded along with Friendship is Magic. I know this was something that was addressed in previous trivia events which is why I'm bringing it up now.

For this trivia, anything Sunset Shimmer related is fair game. This means the movies, specials, shorts, the My Little Pony Collectible Card Game, and comics can come up as possible questions. I'm not going to have anything from those online games as I know nothing about them and I don't really see them as official content. Notice that I'm including the MLP CCG? I believe no previous trivia of any kind has ever had questions dedicated to the card game. If there was, then clearly I forgot all about it.

Please send all answers to @Sunset Shimmer... Which you already knew by now.

As before, you get the standard four day time limit plus one day extra should you have need for it.

Again, twelve questions are coming your way.

Let's get started.

1. What punishment did Sunset receive after being defeated?

2. Sunset played what instrument in Rainbow Rocks?

3. How did Sunset lose in the first event of the Friendship Games?

4. Name the song Sunset sang in Legend of Everfree.

5. How did Sunset and Starlight hang out?

6. Who did Sunset not want to face in Forgotten Friendship and why?

7. Sunset was able to get herself, Sci-Twi, and Rainbow Dash into Twilight's castle by sneaking around Ponyville. Tell me, how was this accomplished?

8. The Dazzlings were accused by Sunset of doing what in 'Backstage Pass'?

9. During the final short of 'Holidays Unwrapped', what kind of costume did Sunset wear?

10. Sunset has appeared on four cards in the My Little Pony Collectible Card Game. What are the names of these cards?

11. In Issue #79 of the IDW comic, Sunset had what kind of plan to celebrate Ponyville?

12. The first story of the March Radness IDW comic has a consistent error regarding Sunset's outfit compared to how it was seen in Friendship Games. Tell me, what is that error?

Note: See any errors? Then let me know.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure #9 was done 3 times including this one. And #7 was also done as well.

LOL!

Still the last three questions are something new. I'm going to have to do a little Google research for those.

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure #9 was done 3 times including this one. And #7 was also done as well.

LOL!

It was inevitable that we would get repeat questions. I'm still trying to remember whether certain questions were asked or not. :P

And thank you for correcting the name of the IDW comic in question. The initial post has been edited to reflect this correction.

oof, the last question is quiet difficult, i neither seem to find the answer in the wikia and I don't have the comic myself. i barely could find the previous question's answer. i can see the first pages of the comic on IDW's site, guess i have to look harder

EDIT: Oookay, I think i got it...i hope. Seems to be the most obvious difference between the two medias. Sending now, really hope that's the one. Wish me luck!

Edited by Deae Rising Shine~
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

If I get #12 wrong, can I get another chance?

You are allowed second chances on questions but no more than that.

2 hours ago, You said:

CCG:

Hide contents

Is one card a dup?

In response to what you asked:

Spoiler

It's not a duplicate. the name is similar but it is technically a different card. I even looked at the picture and the picture on the card is different

4 minutes ago, You said:
  Hide contents

only found 3 mechanical different cards.

Spoiler

Google search My Little Pony Collectible Card Game Sunset. First result contains the answer.

I believe all 4 of them are meant to be the answer. Even if two of them are mechanically the same

I've been looking at the hidden text with regards to the question involving the My Little Pony: Collectible Card Game, and I'm going to say that you've really been thinking hard about what those cards are. But... Are you all on the right track or not? Maybe, but Sunset will be the judge of that when the time comes.

32 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I've been looking at the hidden text with regards to the question involving the My Little Pony: Collectible Card Game, and I'm going to say that you've really been thinking hard about what those cards are. But... Are you all on the right track or not? Maybe, but Sunset will be the judge of that when the time comes.

Doh! don't make me doubt myself now. If I lose this trivia, I could lose my self-esteem. :sealed:

(LOL. Don't take my words too seriously)

On 9/22/2020 at 9:43 PM, RDDash said:

#10 I am just guessing there, I don't really know. and #12 I hope I found out correctly.

The thing is, the tenth question is actually pretty easy to answer if you look at the images depicted on each card.

3 hours ago, Scar said:

Is this still open for answers?

I'm going to be ending this trivia either later tonight or tomorrow but no later than the latter.

This thread will be locked in a couple of hours as well as unpinned and unfeatured. I want to thank everyone who decided to take part this time and here's looking forward to the next one whenever it happens.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Ganondorf8 said:

This thread will be locked in a couple of hours as well as unpinned and unfeatured. I want to thank everyone who decided to take part this time and here's looking forward to the next one whenever it happens.

I still have a little bit of doubt about the ones with the cards. 

Spoiler

I mean I just basically looked up a list of the cards of Sunset and I hope that's enough to be an appropriate answer