Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sunset Shimmer... What her future could have been.

Ganondorf8

Last year, or maybe the year before, I made a thread asking about your favourite Sunset Shimmer moment. Suffice to say, that thread turned out really well despite some hiccups. During these past couple of days, I had been thinking about her future. You know, what Sunset will end up doing after she has graduated from Canterlot High.

Unfortunately, Equestria Girls never got the chance to give us an official answer due to the series ending alongside Friendship is Magic. Not even the one-shot comic from IDW gave us any answers. So here is where I pass this question on to you.

What do you think Sunset's future could have been?

My own thoughts to start this off. I think she would've liked to have attended college/university in order to further her studies or perhaps travel the world in order to get a better understanding of herself. Or perhaps she could've returned to Equestria seeing as she was originally from there and finally ascend to become an alicorn. After all, it was something she desired even though it was during her more troubled years.

• Brohoof 5

Her future was already bright having her friends by her side. Much better than outliving her friends like Princess Twilight.

However, to give her a chance at the best future, I would have wanted human Sunset Shimmer (never introduced in the show) to travel to Equestria to get her "friends" as well, and having a hot Sunset pony is bonus for us Sunset Shimmer fancolts! :sneer:

• Brohoof 2

She Most likely would stay in the Equestria Girls World, keeping an eye out for any Equestrian Magic being misused. If the two worlds actually become fully aware of each other she could be one of the ambassadors between the 2 worlds.

Integration by Darth Link 22 on FimFiction.net is a good example of the latter

I’d imagine her choosing a career in making apps. Possibly making her own game franchise inspired by Equestria. Also keeping studying how magic affects the human world, and possibly she either founds, or joins a superhero team of other magic users whose purpose is keeping it under control

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’d imagine her choosing a career in making apps. Possibly making her own game franchise inspired by Equestria. Also keeping studying how magic affects the human world, and possibly she either founds, or joins a superhero team of other magic users whose purpose is keeping it under control

Watch out or Hasbro Celestia makes a visit for copyright related issues:muffins:

16 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

My own thoughts to start this off. I think she would've liked to have attended college/university in order to further her studies or perhaps travel the world in order to get a better understanding of herself. Or perhaps she could've returned to Equestria seeing as she was originally from there and finally ascend to become an alicorn. After all, it was something she desired even though it was during her more troubled years.

Funnily enough I thought this as well. However I dislike the idea of her returning to Equestria. She's made good friends in the human world and it may be difficult for her to be split apart.
If she did return to Equestria, I also dislike the idea of her becoming an alicorn. I feel as if she had learned her lesson and tried to forget about her original ambitions.

• Brohoof 2

Of course she will be attending college and start a club about friendship! Similar to how Twilight Sparkle started a Friendship School! Also on her free time, she and her friends will do a band and make musics for cafe and such! 

If Sunset Shimmer did not turn evil, she still would have been Celestia’s student studying magic and come across Twilight as an alicorn. Shimmer being in the human world would have never happened at all. I doubt Shimmer would become the head of state herself and stay a private citizen. If she ever was a full time head of state up to Celestia’s level, we would have had a very different timeline in the show (*a butterfly effect*). 

On 9/22/2020 at 9:04 PM, You said:

Her Consulting her friends regularly win advice and her own past. :awwthanks:

That would make her very empathetic wouldn't you say? Having personal experience to help prevent others from going through something similar.

5 hours ago, You said:

She surely is empathetic, albeit she would need to work a tad bit on getting less quickly annoyed.

My thoughts were mostly rooted from the various occasions she gives advice to her friends, encouraging them and kicking them in the butt to start going and stop being anxious and procrastinating. Such as when Sci-Twi can't butt up to talk to her BF about dating somewhere.

--> Motivation trainer :love:

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. A motivational trainer? That actually would work out in her favour.

Hmmm... I think I'll keep this thread going until Monday where it will be unpinned and unfeatured. It won't be locked so by all means continue to post in here everyone.

My idea but its more AU.

-----

Sunset Shimmer had gained access to Twilight's crown in the Equestria girls world. She was hiding in the dark corner of the school by one of the locker rooms thinking to herself. "I have been a bit...too rash lately...I have this crown in my possession....why would I want this world? I want EQUESTRIA!"  she thought to herself again, a smirk forming on her mouth. The mirror had opened up to the other world today. She slowly walked towards the mirror, the crown in her pocket. Just before she was about to step into the portal Twilight calls out.

"Sunset? Don't go into that mirror."

"I'm afraid...I won't follow your orders! What am I?! Your slave? Hahahaha! Nice joke Twilight! You never wanted me around and all you did was stand in my way in this world! Just you wait!" she leaped into the portal. Twilight followed after her.

On the other side Sunset was in her pony form. More accustomed to her pony form than EQ Twilight, she ran through the halls of the castle and hid behind a door. Twilight tried to find her but failed.

Sunset can only smirk. 

"This world will be RAVAGED! For what Celestia did to me...they will all OBEY ME AND ONLY ME! YES!" she screamed mentally, knowing that she would succeed...  

• Brohoof 1

A lot of people say that they would've wanted to see sunset returning to equestria if we ever got some kind of closure,but i cannot dissagre more in that.

Sunset's arc has always been about finding a place in the world where she is now. Yes, she was in equestria once, but she left and altough was forgived by Celestia, I doubt the things would be the same between them. She already cut her relationships with most of the people back there (even her family) , and yes she has Princess twilight friendship and the mane 6, but im sure she wouldn't feel the same way with them like she does with earth mane 6 , as they don't have the exact same personalities and traits. I think she has grown enough to realize where she belongs, not needing of magic to make herself a name or friends.... the friendship games was supposed to touch in this topic but didn't ended up doing as far as I know..

So, in case they ever do a closure, i think she should finally face the dilemma of going back or staying in the human word, finally deciding to stay after realizing that this world has given her the best thing : her best friends. In her future, i see her moving from the city after graduating from canterlot high... I'll think before going to a college of some sorts (we know she is smart asf)I see her travelling the world, exploring the differences this world has to his once homeland equestria, and also searching around for Equestrian magic (we know is everywhere as seen in the spring episodes) ... acting kinda like a mediator between equestria and the other world... just some thoughts haha

Edited by SunsetShimmerisBae
  • Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned