Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New in Town

Neon Kitbash

Neon turned back to the two.  "That's some story..." he said, ears drooping.  "I've never gone through anything like that, and feel bad that you did.  But you're here now, so you're doing alright I assume?"  he shrugged.  "I mean, on your own.  That's kinda why I'm here too.  I mean, I love my parents, but wanted to have my own life.  Try living in a new place.  Dad wanted to open a new store just made it easier, i guess..."

17 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

”I had a group but because it was my dad, knowing him, he’d come up with some kid that the judge may fall for and get away with it. In fact, he was arrested during inspection for employee endangerment that was tied to my incident, so you could say things worked out. He’s outta jail but unemployed and unable to reclaim his business because what he did was considered a felony because I could’ve died.” Nitro explained. 

"Glad to know that you weren't alone on that delivery. I'd hate to think of what would happen if you were on your own. That just sounds stress inducing just thinking about it. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone." He frowned as he heard that Nitro's dad was arrested, but he could understand how Nitro felt on the matter. "I'm sorry to hear all of that happened, but I just hope everything will be okay." He would say, while trying his best for being there for others.

16 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

Neon turned back to the two.  "That's some story..." he said, ears drooping.  "I've never gone through anything like that, and feel bad that you did.  But you're here now, so you're doing alright I assume?"  he shrugged.  "I mean, on your own.  That's kinda why I'm here too.  I mean, I love my parents, but wanted to have my own life.  Try living in a new place.  Dad wanted to open a new store just made it easier, i guess..."

@TRX-61211 @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo turned to Neon with a nod. "You can say that again. I've gone through my fair share of bullying, but I've never gone through something like that. It's the same thing for me when it came to moving to Ponyville. I love my parents too, but I was told that Ponyville was becoming the epicenter for video games. So, I decided to move, while practicing my video game knowledge. Maybe work to create new video games in the future." He would say as he decided to change the topic. "At any rate, do you have any card games or a kind of rider belt? I know the second one doesn't make much sense, but I think the series will clear things up. Have you ever heard of something called Kamen Rider?" He asks, hoping that someone would understand what he was talking about.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald Heart

"Well, I'm a street racer now with a new life...livin' it up in Canterlot. Life has been great. I did have to gather up a team to take down one of my biggest rivals. Turns out this sore loser could take that I beat him and he went as far as making a gang, turning the cops against us and causing all sorts of havoc. But he's now in jail, right where he belongs." Nitro explained noticing a mare nearby. 

5 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald Heart

"Well, I'm a street racer now with a new life...livin' it up in Canterlot. Life has been great. I did have to gather up a team to take down one of my biggest rivals. Turns out this sore loser could take that I beat him and he went as far as making a gang, turning the cops against us and causing all sorts of havoc. But he's now in jail, right where he belongs." Nitro explained noticing a mare nearby. 

"That sounds pretty interesting that you have a team in regards to street racing. I guess there are things like team events and solo events in regards to competition. I know a thing or two when it comes to rivals. Sometimes there are clan matches or team competition, or even just battling on your own. It all depends on the video game you're playing, but I know rivals will meet. Friendly competition is good and all, but it sounds like this rival isn't all for the love of the sport to street racing." Dynamo responded, eyebrows raising in surprise at what Nitro had gone through. "Sorry to hear all of that had happened, but it sounds to me like you were able to put a stop to whatever this guy had planned."

5 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

@Emerald Heart @Dynamo Pad

"Sure!" Neon replied, ears perking up, "I've got several card games over there!"  He pointed a hoof at a shelf near the back wall of the shop.  "Everything from regular cards to some TCG's.  Take a look!"  Turning back to Dynamo, he said "sorry, I haven't heard of that before.  Is it a game?"

@TRX-61211 @Emerald Heart @Lazy Ferret @C. Thunder Dash

At the mention of cards, Dynamo's ears and eyes perked up. "Awesome! I've been meaning to collect some more cards to upgrade my decks!" He exclaimed, looking over to the pointed hoof of Neon, who showed a shelf near the back of the shop. "What card games are you interested in, Emerald? I know we've seen each other throughout town, but I don't think I've had the chance to get to know you." He would say, tapping a hoof to his chin at Neon's question. "I wouldn't really say it's a game. Sort of like a show and toy series. Do you know if you can check your catalog to see if there's a way to look something up. I wish I had a picture to explain what I'm talking about. Not many ponies and/or creatures know about Kamen Rider." He says, giving Neon an apologetic look. 

• Brohoof 1

Hazel walked past the games store and couldn't help but overhear the conversation, such was the nature of her large equine ears. She'd stand to the side, not wanting to interrupt, but the idea of playing some of her favourite trading card games with some new ponies seemed intriguing.

• Brohoof 2

Neon grinned.  "My dad never really got the whole trading card thing.  But, since this I'm running this shop," he said with a smile, "he's letting me stock up what i think with sell.  Along with his own list of toys."  he chuckled the last part.  "I tried to get all the latest TCG's.  small stock for now, wanted to see how they sold before getting more."

Edited by TRX-61211

33 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad @TRX-61211

"Yea, it's quite the thrill being a street racer." Nitro said, suddenly hearing about the trading cards. "I hope there's Yu Gi Oh. I've been looking for a few booster packs for one of my decks." Nitro stated. 

14 minutes ago, TRX-61211 said:

Neon grinned.  "My dad never really got the whole trading card thing.  But, since this I'm running this shop," he said with a smile, "he's letting me stock up what i think with sell.  Along with his own list of toys."  he chuckled the last part.  "I tried to get all the latest TCG's.  small stock for now, wanted to see how they sold before getting more."

@TRX-61211 @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart @C. Thunder Dash

"I can imagine as my dad loved to have races. Whether it was using his wings, or if it was by car racing." Dynamo responded with a wistful smile. Upon hearing one of the card games being mentioned, Dynamo blinked in surprise. "Here I thought I was the only one who knew about that card game. It was played from time to time at my school when I was in Fillydelphia, but I hadn't heard about it in quite a while. I think I stopped around the synchro era. I couldn't really get into the further sets and archetypes of the game. I do keep up with the game and anime every now and then. Nowadays, I've been more into playing Cardfight Vanguard. It's fairly new, but I like the overall gameplay and concept of said game." He would say, turning his attention from Nitro to Neon with a nod. "I guess it depends on who you talk to. I want to say because your dad is an adult, then most adults don't know much. However, I shouldn't say that. I guess I don't really know the answer, myself. Maybe it's due to marketing or what entices someone to put their money and interest into a product such as card games." He pondered, before shrugging his shoulders.

"I like it for how cool the cards look. That, and I like how some cards interact in the game to give them some identity. The one I play deals with different clans and units that function in their own unique way. Some play aggressive and call other cards like a hoofball team, while some play as a naval guard and gain abilities by the number of attacks. My favorite is a clan known as Pale Moon. It's a series of cards that look like they are part of a circus troupe. Ranging from clowns, to jugglers, to manticores and so on. However, the circus is their disguise or rouse as they are secretly an assassin group. I like how they swap from the main center to gain extra attacks each turn. Sort of like a circus or magic trick." He gave a sheepish chuckle as he didn't mean to explain so much, but he felt it was better to explain the game a little. "I can guarantee you have my vote if you have all of these TCG's. Hopefully, in time, you'll be able to get more and more stock in cards for everyone to play."

Hazel would walk into the store, still somewhat listening to what was being said while looking at some of the card games that were on sale. "Hmm I could do with some new Pokemon boosters, some new Yugioh boosters and ooh yes, some Weis Shwartz boosters as well" she'd say to herself, looking around for someone to hopefully help her.

@Dynamo Pad

"The card art is pretty cool for Yu Gi Oh, especially some of the later designs in the Synchro and Xyz cards." Nitro stated. 

@Lazy Ferret

Nitro turned to the mare at her mention of wanting Yu Gi Oh Boosters. "Say, what kind of Yu Gi Oh deck do you run?" He asked looking at the mare. "I run what is called U.A Slasher, which mixes Ultra Athletes and Red Eyes Slash Dragon. It runs very well and can prove deadly against certain decks. I also have a fairy deck." Nitro said blushing lightly. 

Edited by C. Thunder Dash

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart

Neon was grinning.  His first day open, and he already had four customers in the shop!  "Right over here," he said to the new mare who just entered.  "My selection is small, but hopefully you'll find what you need.  If the TCG's sell well, I'll make sure to stock more!"  He stepped back to let the four ponies browse, and glanced around at the shelves full of various toys.  If the models and cards end up more popular, he thought to himself, I might have to stock less toys and more of those.  His father might whine, but the profits would...should... satisfy him.  "Let me know if I can help with anything!" he told the group.  "Again, my name's Neon Kitbash, and welcome to my shop!"

@TRX-61211 @C. Thunder Dash

Hazel would smile and look to Neon "Hello Neon and thank you, it's so good to finally have a game store here. I can finally buy my cards in person instead of online" she'd say before turning to Thunder "I mostly run a Magical Girl deck" she'd say with a smile "And of course my favourite card is Dark Magician Girl, I also have Toon Dark Magician Girl" she'd say with a smile "It's been my favourite deck since I was a little filly"

@Lazy Ferret

"You can't go wrong with Dark Magician. Say...there is a Magician Girl Archetype that was just introduced. I have all four of them, even the Dark Magian Girl and Dark Magician. There is one card that is so rare that it took me months to find...and that is the one...and only...Quintet Magician. This fusion card has 4500 attack and defense. You gotta use 5 different spellcaster types to fusion summon it. It's effect can be treated like the game-winning blow. When it's summoned, you can destroy every card on the field that your opponent controls to give you that open lane. Plus, it can't be destroyed by card effects. Yes it has it's drawbacks since there are other ways to eliminate strong monsters like Quintet who can't be destroyed by card effects. 

On 9/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, Emerald Heart said:

@Dynamo Pad @TRX-61211

"Oh, you know just stuff like Apples to Apples." (AKA the clean version of Cards Against Humanity.) She said with a shrug, "Just funny suff where you have to play around, y'know?"

"I've heard of Apples to Apples, but I haven't played it, to be honest. I've mostly played Cards against Equestria. I love the kind of answers and random things that can be created from that game." He nodded with a slight grin. "You can say that again. It's always awesome when you're able to play a game that gives you a way to play around funny moments." He would say with a chuckle.

12 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"The card art is pretty cool for Yu Gi Oh, especially some of the later designs in the Synchro and Xyz cards." Nitro stated. 

Dynamo turned his attention to Nitro and nodded in agreement. "I wasn't a huge fan of Xyz cards, but I thought they looked pretty cool. Especially with the number monsters. I know it's a given or obvious answer, but I do like Utopia, or Hope in the subbed version of the anime. My favorite synchro monster or archetype is the Stardust Dragon cards. Seeing it in the anime and card game felt like a dream."

8 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart

Neon was grinning.  His first day open, and he already had four customers in the shop!  "Right over here," he said to the new mare who just entered.  "My selection is small, but hopefully you'll find what you need.  If the TCG's sell well, I'll make sure to stock more!"  He stepped back to let the four ponies browse, and glanced around at the shelves full of various toys.  If the models and cards end up more popular, he thought to himself, I might have to stock less toys and more of those.  His father might whine, but the profits would...should... satisfy him.  "Let me know if I can help with anything!" he told the group.  "Again, my name's Neon Kitbash, and welcome to my shop!"

12 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Nitro turned to the mare at her mention of wanting Yu Gi Oh Boosters. "Say, what kind of Yu Gi Oh deck do you run?" He asked looking at the mare. "I run what is called U.A Slasher, which mixes Ultra Athletes and Red Eyes Slash Dragon. It runs very well and can prove deadly against certain decks. I also have a fairy deck." Nitro said blushing lightly. 

2 hours ago, Lazy Ferret said:

@TRX-61211 @C. Thunder Dash

Hazel would smile and look to Neon "Hello Neon and thank you, it's so good to finally have a game store here. I can finally buy my cards in person instead of online" she'd say before turning to Thunder "I mostly run a Magical Girl deck" she'd say with a smile "And of course my favourite card is Dark Magician Girl, I also have Toon Dark Magician Girl" she'd say with a smile "It's been my favourite deck since I was a little filly"

21 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Lazy Ferret

"You can't go wrong with Dark Magician. Say...there is a Magician Girl Archetype that was just introduced. I have all four of them, even the Dark Magian Girl and Dark Magician. There is one card that is so rare that it took me months to find...and that is the one...and only...Quintet Magician. This fusion card has 4500 attack and defense. You gotta use 5 different spellcaster types to fusion summon it. It's effect can be treated like the game-winning blow. When it's summoned, you can destroy every card on the field that your opponent controls to give you that open lane. Plus, it can't be destroyed by card effects. Yes it has it's drawbacks since there are other ways to eliminate strong monsters like Quintet who can't be destroyed by card effects. 

@Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart @TRX-61211 @C. Thunder Dash

"I think the selection is still better than nothing. A large or small collection of packs/cards is still good and you can always collect more." Dynamo responded, giving Neon an appreciative look. "Besides, it's better than having nothing at all. Hopefully, we can let other ponies know so we can have them come to this shop. Thanks again and I'll make sure to let you know if there's any questions I need to ask." He says, before continuing to browse the card section. As he looked, he took notice of a hazel unicorn mare who was looking through the card section along with him, Nitro and Emerald. His ears perked as he heard the name "Dark Magician Girl" had been mentioned. "Um...excuse me." He would say, trying to get the mare's attention. "I hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversation, but I thought I heard you say the Dark Magician Girl card. I remember having that card a while back, as well as the Dark Magician. I was more of a fan of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, but I couldn't deny how cool the Dark Magician series was. That, and I also loved the Toon series of cards too."

He looked back and forth between Nitro and the hazel unicorn mare, but he could only tilt his head in confusion. "I'm sorry, but I think you both lost me. U.A. Slasher? Quintet Magician? I only got as far as the Wind-Up series before losing interest in Yugioh. I do remember playing one deck that got me interested in the card game. I know it was a Dark Magician Girl deck, but it focused on other Magicians. Cards like Apple, Lemon, Chocolate, Berry and Kiwi magician girl. I've heard of other cards like Magician's navigation, and other cards that work in conjunction to the Dark Magician, but that's about it."

@Dynamo Pad

Nitro heard Dynamo ask about his U.A Slasher deck. "So, the way my U.A. Slasher deck works is this. It is made up of cards from what is called The Ultra Athlete archetype. I love this archetype so much. It has so many powerhouses, like Dreadnought Dunker, which has 2500 attack points and 2300 defense points. If Dreadnought Dunker attacks a defense position monster, it deals piercing damage AND if it inflicts battle damage, I get to destroy one card on the field. That means I could kill two birds with one stone." Nitro stated. Also, even if I have a U.A monster out, but I want to use another, I could simply substitute one for the other in the form of a special summon. That means, that if I have Midfielder, which is a level 4 monster out, and I have Mighty Slugger in my hand, I don't ave to tribute my Midfielder. I could just return Midfielder to my hand and special summon Mighty Slugger." Nitro explained. 

8 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

Nitro heard Dynamo ask about his U.A Slasher deck. "So, the way my U.A. Slasher deck works is this. It is made up of cards from what is called The Ultra Athlete archetype. I love this archetype so much. It has so many powerhouses, like Dreadnought Dunker. If Dreadnought Dunker attacks a defense position monster, it deals piercing damage AND if it inflicts battle damage, I get to destroy one card on the field. That means I could kill two birds with one stone." Nitro stated. 

"Oh, wow. I mean, I still don't know much on these cards, but they sound powerful. It's good to have powerful effects that can work in a sort of combo, but I'm guessing there are certain ways to play around it. It all depends on certain cards, right?" He asks, still whistling as he was impressed by the card Nitro described. "What pack/series did this archetype come from? The name U.A. sounds familiar, but it's mostly due to an anime I've seen before." He would say, before catching on to some of the words that Nitro was mentioning. "Wait a minute. Dunker, Midfielder, Slugger? I know it might sound random for me to say, but they all sound like sports terms. I'm going to guess that you're deck is revolved around sports cards or something like that?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"Yep, but that's only half of what the deck can do. The ace monster is from the Red-Eyes archtype. It's known as Red-Eyes Slash Dragon. It requires Red-Eyes Black Dragon and any warrior type monster. I use the spell card Red-Eyes fusion to bring out Red-Eyes Slash Dragon. With this spell card, I could just send the cards required straight from my deck to the graveyard, unlike the usual polymerization. Red-Eyes Slash is so good. Here's why: When it declares an attack, I can target a warrior type monster in my graveyard and equip it to Red-Eyes Slash. Red-Eyes Slash gains 200 attack AND if any monster or card were to be targeted by my opponent's card effect, I could unequip the monster that was equipped to Red-Eyes Slash to negate the effect and destroy the card as well." Nitro stated. 

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Hazel would nod "Oh yes, I've been looking forever for a Quintet Magician, but everyone online sells them at a ridiculously marked up price" she'd say "I mean yeah it's a rare, but I couldn't imagine spending over 100 bits for that one card" she'd say to Thunder "Mind you, these days getting even a Toon World card or a Time Wizard card can be very difficult" she'd say and listen to his explanation of the U.A deck he has and nods "That sounds amazing, I've never had a chance to play against that sort of a deck, but by the sounds of how good it is, I am kind of glad I haven't" she'd say and then turning her attention to Dynamo "I honestly mostly just play Yugioh for fun these days, I'm getting more into the Weis Shwartz card game these days"

18 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Yep, but that's only half of what the deck can do. The ace monster is from the Red-Eyes archtype. It's known as Red-Eyes Slash Dragon. It requires Red-Eyes Black Dragon and any warrior type monster. I use the spell card Red-Eyes fusion to bring out Red-Eyes Slash Dragon. With this spell card, I could just send the cards required straight from my deck to the graveyard, unlike the usual polymerization. Red-Eyes Slash is so good. Here's why: When it declares an attack, I can target a warrior type monster in my graveyard and equip it to Red-Eyes Slash. Red-Eyes Slash gains 200 attack AND if any monster or card were to be targeted by my opponent's card effect, I could unequip the monster that was equipped to Red-Eyes Slash to negate the effect and destroy the card as well." Nitro stated. 

"I guess it's always better to have different strategies and win conditions. Otherwise, the deck become predictable and there will be counter plays to defeat you. I guess Red-Eyes Slash Dragon is a fusion monster if it requires Red-Eyes and a warrior monster." Dynamo responded, his eyes glowing with fascination on the effect. "This is the first time I've heard of this card. I do recall hearing about a Red-Eyes monster known as Red-Eyes Transmigration, as well as Lord of the Red. I guess it makes a lot of sense to have monsters from the deck to go to the graveyard. Makes deck thinning more viable to hit your pieces. Not only that, but you get it's effect to be more viable. Rather intriguing how a card like that can negate card removal."

18 hours ago, Lazy Ferret said:

Hazel would nod "Oh yes, I've been looking forever for a Quintet Magician, but everyone online sells them at a ridiculously marked up price" she'd say "I mean yeah it's a rare, but I couldn't imagine spending over 100 bits for that one card" she'd say to Thunder "Mind you, these days getting even a Toon World card or a Time Wizard card can be very difficult" she'd say and listen to his explanation of the U.A deck he has and nods "That sounds amazing, I've never had a chance to play against that sort of a deck, but by the sounds of how good it is, I am kind of glad I haven't" she'd say and then turning her attention to Dynamo "I honestly mostly just play Yugioh for fun these days, I'm getting more into the Weis Shwartz card game these days"

Dynamo turned towards the Hazel mare, before nodding with a sheepish smile. "Oh, I know what you mean. Some cards that are possibly worth a few bits just get jumped up to 100 bits. Sometimes I don't get why someone would go and do that. One thought could be card hype, or possibly card sharking. I don't know the reason, but sometimes it gets out of hoof. I know Toon World is a staple card, but I think the main engine to get Toons to work is Toon Kingdom? I think that's the right name, but I"m not too sure. I know you have to remove certain cards first in order to activate the card, instead of having to pay life points." He would say, before his eyes widened in slight surprise. "You're a meister too?" He asks, before blinking at what he had said. "I'm sorry about that. I know Weiss Shwartz players are usually called meisters, but I have heard of that game. I've played, but I'm honestly not the best at the game. I don't know what cards to clock or what's better to attack or side attack and such. Most players never really taught me the right way to play. What decks have you played? By the way, my name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo."

@Dynamo Pad  @Lazy Ferret

"Indeed. The deck I run has only 20 cards. The way I play is with 4000 life points. My other main deck I run, which is my fairy deck has 60 cards. I recently threw in two dupes of a warrior card I love, and that is Justice Bringer. He may be only a level 4 and have 1700 attack, but once per turn, he could negate the effect of a special summoned monster, which can open up opportunities for shutdowns. I once shut down this Blue Eyes user who tried to do everything he could to destroy a monster I had gotten out on the field." Nitro stated. 

Hazel would nod it's worse when they're scalpers to be honest. A new rare card is announced, they set up bots to buy out all the cards as soon as they are released and then they sell them for double, if not triple the price" she'd say with a shake of her head "Weis is a very difficult to know game, just like Card Vanguard, but not just because of the game mechanics, but you ether need to a good translator or be really good at Neihponese" she'd say with a chuckle "But you are also right, Toon Kingdom is a great card, I was lucky enough to grab one before scalpers got to it" she'd say.

She'd then turn her attention to Thunder "Oof, that's still a pretty harsh deck, I assume you play professionally then?" she'd ask and smiles to both of them "My name is Hazel Harmony, but you may just call me Hazel, or Harmony"

@Lazy Ferret

(OOC: I'm playing as Nitro)

"I enter some tournaments, but street racing is what I do professionally. It's nice to meet you Hazel." Nitro said smiling at the mare. "And yea, it's really sad how ponies employ those bots to buy them. I heard sites are cracking down on those bots. My other friend Thunder Dash once employed his abilities and traced all bots on a website. He shut all of them down and people were able to get the rare cards they wanted without having to scavenge for them. There were many angry bot users that day, but they all were prohibited from those websites and the bots they worked so hard to program were completely corrupted." Nitro stated.