Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New in Town

Neon Kitbash

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad  @Lazy Ferret

"Indeed. The deck I run has only 20 cards. The way I play is with 4000 life points. My other main deck I run, which is my fairy deck has 60 cards. I recently threw in two dupes of a warrior card I love, and that is Justice Bringer. He may be only a level 4 and have 1700 attack, but once per turn, he could negate the effect of a special summoned monster, which can open up opportunities for shutdowns. I once shut down this Blue Eyes user who tried to do everything he could to destroy a monster I had gotten out on the field." Nitro stated. 

"A deck that only runs 20 cards? I thought the minimum amount was around 40 to 60. Of course, I can imagine 20 to 30 cards if you are doing a rush duel/duel link kind of duel. I think I know who Justice Bringer is. That was around the time of Synchro monsters, right?" Dynamo asks, the name sounding familiar to the blue unicorn. "1,700 attack points isn't too bad, but it's the special ability that makes the card worthwhile. I'm guessing the Blue-Eyes player didn't take it too well when they weren't able to do anything."

22 minutes ago, Lazy Ferret said:

@Dynamo Pad @C. Thunder Dash

Hazel would nod "it's worse when they're scalpers to be honest. A new rare card is announced, they set up bots to buy out all the cards as soon as they are released and then they sell them for double, if not triple the price" she'd say with a shake of her head "Weis is a very difficult to know game, just like Card Vanguard, but not just because of the game mechanics, but you ether need to a good translator or be really good at Neihponese" she'd say with a chuckle "But you are also right, Toon Kingdom is a great card, I was lucky enough to grab one before scalpers got to it" she'd say.

She'd then turn her attention to Thunder "Oof, that's still a pretty harsh deck, I assume you play professionally then?" she'd ask and smiles to both of them "My name is Hazel Harmony, but you may just call me Hazel, or Harmony"

"Sweet Celestia. How can someone go that far just to card shark someone?" Dynamo asks, shaking his head in disbelief. "It's a shame because some cards are staples to the specific clan/archetype, or even to the deck." He would say, tilting his head as he chuckled along with the Hazel mare. "I hope this isn't a bad question, but I'm confused. Does being a good translator or good at Neighponese help with Vanguard, Weiss or other card games?" He asks, before learning the mare's name was Hazel Harmony. "It's nice to meet you, as well, Hazel."

@Dynamo Pad

"Should've seen the look on his face as he tried to read out the effect. I simply just patted Justice Bringer and he had to stop. Once I brought out my Red Eyes Slash, it was all over for him...and yes, ponies go so far but they got their dues." Nitro stated. 

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

Hazel nods "it is ridiculous but as Nitro has said, the scalpers usually do get their dues when they get caught" she'd say and then nod some more at Dynamo's question "Ah you see, Vanguard and Weis are all in Neighponese, so unless you know how to read Neighponese or have a translator handy, then you're kind of going to have a hard time playing, even if you actually know the game mechanics" she'd say.

18 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Should've seen the look on his face as he tried to read out the effect. I simply just patted Justice Bringer and he had to stop. Once I brought out my Red Eyes Slash, it was all over for him...and yes, ponies go so far but they got their dues." Nitro stated. 

"I can imagine it was a look of disbelief. I wouldn't say defeat as I can imagine they tried their best. I know how that went when it comes to things like Pokemon. Not the card game, but the video game series. It's all about trying to get through your opponent's strategies and outsmarting them. I remember using a Pokemon called Palossand with Accelgor. It was mostly a team that focused around Trick Room, where faster Pokemon go last and slower Pokemon get to go first. My opponent kept trying to decrease my stats so I couldn't deal damage, but I did that back to them to get rid of the more threatening team members. There was a point that they took down my Trick Room and did a move called Imprison. A move that seals any moves that anyone on the field shares with the user of Imprison. I had to respect the fact that they might use that move, so I decided to attack and take out their Imprison Pokemon first. Once that was knocked out, I was able to set up Trick Room again and took them down. It was more about prediction and trying to outplay the opponent until they run out of options." Dynamo responded with a nod. 

18 hours ago, Lazy Ferret said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad

Hazel nods "it is ridiculous but as Nitro has said, the scalpers usually do get their dues when they get caught" she'd say and then nod some more at Dynamo's question "Ah you see, Vanguard and Weis are all in Neighponese, so unless you know how to read Neighponese or have a translator handy, then you're kind of going to have a hard time playing, even if you actually know the game mechanics" she'd say.

"That's true when you put it that way, Hazel. I'm a firm believe in karma. So, karma will eventually catch up to those scalpers in the long run." Dynamo would say, before listening intently to Hazel's explanation. "Wait, really? I didn't know that, to be honest. I remember seeing cards that were coming out in Ponish, while waiting for some cards that are still out in Neighponese. Unfortunately, there are some decks like Lucky Star and Black Rock Shooter that were made in Weiss. However, they never made it over to Equestria because they were only for one set, weren't as possible, or they didn't get support. Unlike some sets like Sword Art Online, Re: Zero, Love Live, as well as other anime."

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart

"I've never played those games myself," Neon added from behind the ponies chatting.  "But if you all want, I can try to order more of the boosters or extra packs."  He rubbed a hoof against his chin.  "At one time I had a Magic deck, a combination of red dragons and green spiders.  Not sure if I still have it, might be buried in the back somewhere."  He turned to Emerald Heart.  "Oh, and I love Apples to Apples!  My dad does stock party games in his shop back in Manehattan, and we gave that a try one night.  Hilarious!  In fact," he trotted over to another shelf, "I have it hear, along with some other party games.  And remember everypony," he said to all of them, "there's plenty of toys here to!"  He waved a hoof to encompass the whole shop.  The model kits were on one side wall, trading cards on the other, with the counter in the back.  All the shelves in the middle were full of various toys for foals, colts, and fillies.*  "Tell your friends!" he said with a smile, ears slightly drooped.  "I don't really know anypony here yet, so I appreciate the help."

@Dynamo Pad

"I wasn't the one to use trick room. There was this one time I wiped out this one guy's team with my Giratina. They were all level 100. My Giratina was in the red zone after the battle. The guy was so mad. A couple years after the match, we met again and he told me that he still has nightmares from that huge loss." Nitro said. 

Hazel listened to Nitro and couldn't help but giggle a little "Wow, yeah I can bet he'd be pretty mad at that. I remember facing a few opponents who just packed their decks with EX cards etc..it's like..geeze, give a girl a chance why don't you?" she'd say, rolling her eyes but then chuckles a little "I suppose I can't blame them though, if they know how to use a deck like that well, then all props to them" she'd say before looking back to Dynamo and nodding "Oh yes, I heard they were coming out in Ponish too, but I'm thinking it was a fake" she'd say "Because other than that one post, I haven't heard anything else about it." she then smiles some "I'm a big collector of the Vocaloid ones"

@TRX-61211

"Thanks Neon" Hazel would say, and making her way to the area where the model kits and statuettes are, looking over them. 

21 hours ago, TRX-61211 said:

@C. Thunder Dash @Dynamo Pad @Lazy Ferret @Emerald Heart

"I've never played those games myself," Neon added from behind the ponies chatting.  "But if you all want, I can try to order more of the boosters or extra packs."  He rubbed a hoof against his chin.  "At one time I had a Magic deck, a combination of red dragons and green spiders.  Not sure if I still have it, might be buried in the back somewhere."  He turned to Emerald Heart.  "Oh, and I love Apples to Apples!  My dad does stock party games in his shop back in Manehattan, and we gave that a try one night.  Hilarious!  In fact," he trotted over to another shelf, "I have it hear, along with some other party games.  And remember everypony," he said to all of them, "there's plenty of toys here to!"  He waved a hoof to encompass the whole shop.  The model kits were on one side wall, trading cards on the other, with the counter in the back.  All the shelves in the middle were full of various toys for foals, colts, and fillies.*  "Tell your friends!" he said with a smile, ears slightly drooped.  "I don't really know anypony here yet, so I appreciate the help."

@Lazy Ferret @TRX-61211 @SpookyEmerald @C. Thunder Dash

Dynamo dropped his jaw in awe and disbelief to Neon's words, but he didn't think the unicorn was lying. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope we can get the chance to teach you about those cards games sometime. They are pretty fun to play once you get to understand the rules." He would say, sighing slightly at the mention of the card game, Magic. "I've tried that before, but I'm not really good at Magic. The card game and not actual magic, of course." He chuckled as he had to be careful with his words. Given he was a unicorn and all. "I will admit that I'm still studying magic as I'm not truly the best with it. Even so, I can never really understand the concept of the game. I know that there are five elements/nations and each have their own unique traits and such. I guess I've just had trouble on how to play correctly and effectively. I do hope to learn it more in due time." He responded, looking over at the cards, before looking back towards the toy section. "Thanks Neon. I think I might take a look in the toy section and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I'll let you know if I find it." He would say, looking back towards the others. "Does anyone want to go with me to check out the toys? Maybe they might have some stuff we like." He says, before looking back towards Neon. "I know you said you don't know anypony here, but I hope it's okay to ask if we can be friends."

21 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I wasn't the one to use trick room. There was this one time I wiped out this one guy's team with my Giratina. They were all level 100. My Giratina was in the red zone after the battle. The guy was so mad. A couple years after the match, we met again and he told me that he still has nightmares from that huge loss." Nitro said. 

"Oh, I mean. I wasn't saying that you used Trick Room. I meant I could relate on your game in Yu-Gi-Oh in regards to Pokemon. Giratina is cool and all and I love the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games. However, the battles I have are more VGC oriented. Where you battle with two Pokemon on the field at the same time, while having a team of four. Even though you bring six Pokemon to the battle to make selections." He explained with a somewhat deadpanned expression.

13 hours ago, Lazy Ferret said:

Hazel listened to Nitro and couldn't help but giggle a little "Wow, yeah I can bet he'd be pretty mad at that. I remember facing a few opponents who just packed their decks with EX cards etc..it's like..geeze, give a girl a chance why don't you?" she'd say, rolling her eyes but then chuckles a little "I suppose I can't blame them though, if they know how to use a deck like that well, then all props to them" she'd say before looking back to Dynamo and nodding "Oh yes, I heard they were coming out in Ponish too, but I'm thinking it was a fake" she'd say "Because other than that one post, I haven't heard anything else about it." she then smiles some "I'm a big collector of the Vocaloid ones"

Dynamo chuckled along with Hazel as he could relate/sympathize with her. "I don't blame you. EX cards feel overpowered, but I guess there's always that power creep in any game. It's either you try and match that power or you hope the strategy you have will stop those cards. I will admit that the EX cards have some lovely art. It's like looking at a masterpiece." He would say with a nod. "You can say that again, Hazel. I've looked into some specific cards that have crazy effects that can nearly win you the game. Sometimes I just don't know how such combos are possible, but that's strategy card games for you." His eyes soon widened at the mention of Vocaloid. "Oh! I know of those cards! That series in Weiss have won some major tournaments. I think the deck recipe was more along the lines of Hatsune Miku, but it had some other characters like Rin and Len. I guess it depended on the color combination as it's mostly either red, blue, yellow and green. Some are mono color, or dual colors. Even with the lack of support, it's still pretty strong against decks like the Fate series. Hopefully, I can show you the cards I have as they've started to be released in Ponish. I do understand what you're talking about though." He says, giving the mare an understanding, yet kind smile.