Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Which design of Amy Rose do you think is better?

AlicornSpell

Which design of Amy Rose do you think is better?   

26 users have voted

1. 1. Which design of Amy Rose do you think is better?

• Her original design
    • Her current design

I am in favor of the Sonic CD design that was used in the outro movie (Animated by Toei Animation) (it is slightly different to the ones specified in the first post):

DWPjlHFU8AAy_yc?format=jpg%26name=large&

For the modern one, the design is cool/okay, but the artist (Yuji Uweka) ran out of poses to draw :dash:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Megas said:

Plot twist

Hide contents

It's actually the Boom version, looks better visually on top of being a better character

image.thumb.png.edbcf8b873ba5e35c06ee2661eae7059.png

Boom is such an asymmetrical 3D mess. But that Amy :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

Current. Amy’s Classic design is more like a pink Sonic than a character. The current design distinguishes itself from the others through her short quills, monochromatic color palette on her clothes matching her fur, and the green irises subtly catching our eyes.

The modern design for Amy works well in comparison to her classic look. Be thankful they never really explained why she changed her appearance as the old Archie comic series attempted to provide an answer.

The current design, it's makes her more like a cat than a hedgehog even though she's hedgehog but the cat looks fits her more. And she looks less of a valley girl and more of a girl who can beat your ass if she wants to. 

• 3 years later...

While the original design is cute (and I love the art style!), I think the new one's outfit is a clear improvement – the colors of the original don't really go together as well. So I think I'll go with the new one.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...