Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Guest with Scar

Illiad Easle

OOC Thread

(If you want to join ask in the OOC first)

@Scar

Blu sighed as he looked around the small house, when the realtor said that the place was a fixer-upper... well, barely standing would likely have been a better description.

Still, it was watertight, mostly, it would do until winter at least, but he hoped by then to have moved on, Fillydelphia wasn't quite far enough away from Princess Sparkle for his comfort.

The house was mostly empty, he didn't own much beyond the clothes on his back, the briefcase in his grasp, and the food that Spike had sent ahead for him. The layout was fairly basic, a combination kitchen sitting area was the first room through the front door, down a small hallway was a bathroom and a single bedroom. He was almost glad that his crush had declined to leave with him, they would have had to be very close to share the space.

He set the briefcase down on the bed before heading for the bathroom, he prayed to whatever deity this world recognized that it at least had a working water heater.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali had entered in the town, wearing a cloak. She occasionally got looks from other ponies and didn't interact with much else. She sent a while casing stores for a robbery or a break-in. Lamenting mentally on the fact this place had some good robbery potential. She walked by his fixer-upper house, mistaking it for an abandoned house. She would flee to that one after her robbery this night. 

She ducked around a corner when nobody else was looking and her cloak was taken off. She smirked a bit as she brought out some sort of paint brush and painted over her 'cutie' mark, painting over it to form some sort of mirror with a light reflecting off it, to hide her real cutie mark, that being of a lock and a key. 

She went to go get something to eat, paying for it with stolen money, but the pony she ordered from wouldn't know. She ate up and later that night, she was back in her cloak and outside one of the stores.

The store was some sort of jewelry store, there were no guards. She silent lasered out a side of the wall, the section of the wall quietly being lifted up onto the roof with red magic. She  went on her way in and immediately stole everything not tied down, it going into a red portal. Even the desks, chairs were taken. An alarm sounds and she flared up her horn and an electrical spark shot at a piece of wood in the room starting a flame. By the time she was gone, the place was on fire.

Other ponies had arrived on the scene but she was long gone by then. Nobody suspected her of that. She then saw Blu's house, once again mistaking it for an abandoned house and snuck in through the door in the back that he had left unlocked. Her red eyes scanned the house, she smirked.

"The deed is done..." she whispered to herself. 

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 3

@Scar

A number of things went through Blu's mind when he heard some strange pony in his house, a few of them were how he could make a scene, how he could defend himself against a home invader. But given what he had seen in this world this intruder was more than likely some drunk who had wandered into the wrong house, or...

He quietly sighed as he got out of bed, the voice had come from the hallway, he cursed his laziness for not locking the door, not that the doors were that sturdy to begin with, and prepared for the possibility that this intruder would take a bit of convincing to leave. He prepared a small construct, a simple ranged stun charm he held in the gloves he carried everywhere (similar to a low powered taser or a strong static shock) and opened the door to confront the surprise guest. "And what deed might that be?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali immediately heard his voice call out to him there. It took her a few seconds to fully recognize that he was, indeed standing there, and that this house was not abandoned. A few ideas ran through her head. Should she run? Maybe. Should she stay and find out who this pony is? Sure, why not. If anything goes wrong she could just leave the town and never be spotted here again.

It took her a second or 2 to compose herself before her red, and also glowing eyes said "The deed of all times, and the deed of that of which you'll never know of or understand. But that doesn't matter, does it? The deed can be whatever you wanted it to be. And besides, who are you? I thought this place was abandoned." her eyes rolled. She had a weird accent. 

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 3

@Scar

Blu was a bit put off by the glowing eyes, they weren't typically a good sign in his experience, and so wasted no more time in turning on the light. The bare bulb wouldn't provide much illumination, but it was better than nothing. "What, is it poetry night? I didn't bring my snapping gloves. And well, this house is recently not abandoned, as it is my house now. Which begs the question of what you're doing here? Not many savory types go looking for abandoned houses."

He was getting wary, and wished he had turned up the power in his construct, she'd probably be able to take a few hits as it were.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Her pupils shrunk somewhat. She had a deep blue coat, and a sort of brown-esque mane. Black framed glasses that were sort of strange. The light reflected strangely through the lenses. Her cutie mark appeared to be something of a light reflecting off a mirror, however something was off about that cutie mark. He couldn't tell what though. She narrowed her eyes at him as if slightly irritated but that faded quite quickly as she kept it in.

"What I'm doing here is well, let's just say I was passing through the area and I needed a place to crash for a little while. Snapping gloves, what you mean by that?" she slyly strayed over to the light switch and put her hoof near it. Her hoof having a red glow around it as she got closer and seemed to sense where the wire was, dragging her hoof along where the wire would be boredly.

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

Blu wasn't reassured any, if anything he was a bit off put at how similar they looked, sure the colors weren't exact, but they were closer than most other ponies were. Plus she wore glasses like he did, which was a certain rarity in a world where magic eye surgery was easily attained.

"I suggest then..." he sighed, "You're going to turn off the lights and jump me if I tell you to leave aren't you?" He stepped back into the bedroom doorway so she could pass, gesturing to the living room with a hoof, "Go ahead and help yourself to whatever's in the living room. As long as you don't disturb me I'll try and forget you were here."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She rose an eyebrow at that. She had expected for exactly that to happen but she smiled slightly and went over to the couch and sat down on the cushions looking over to him. "Whats your name? My name is Cali." she said much calmer than before. Her eyes blinked calmly. She seemed well aware of her surroundings. "Quite curious why you'd want a place like this..." she noted its status of disrepair. 

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

She was an odd one, that was for sure, "Blu, no e. And I don't want a place like this but it's what I can afford. Being a ward of the state doesn't pay much when your carer funnels all the state money into 'investments in your future' or more accurately just buying more books that she won't let me read."

He shook off the dark mood that was creeping up on him, "Still, I know of a number of cheap places to pass a night in the near area, why not stay there? You certainly don't smell like one who couldn't afford it."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She seemed to grow irritated with the talk of 'state' and the talk of how he was payed certain things. She huffed. 
"They talk a lot about friendship and all those lies yet they leave ponies like you and many others in the dust and forget about them. Our 'beloved' Celestia...presides over the suffering of thousands and to think she even deserves a single iota of admiration...hah! They will all fall some day, I tell ya..."  she rolled her eyes though it wasn't directed at him. Merely just her frustrations with what he said and what he was experiencing.

"I am no ordinary pony, I am the eleme-" she cut herself off there and then continued "I am very against our...Princess Twilight as well. She lived the privileged life, saved the world from all these threats but yet she can't even campaign for something so simple, that everybody suffers from. I would love that position for myself.." she admitted, rambling on a little bit. It's clear she wasn't like any of the other ponies for sure. 

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

Blu rolled his eyes, "Tell me about it! I was all set to get adopted by this wonderful family, the same family that saved my life, but Princess Sparkle had to meddle with the process." He sighed, "Now, she's not a bad pony, totally unfit to rule of course, but a good sort... usually."

He adopted a relaxed posture in the doorway, a bit of a curious look on his face, "But you say something interesting... you hate the princesses yet desire their position? frankly there's a better way, no one can hate you if they don't even know you exist. You don't want to be a princess, you want to be an advisor. More often than not you're the one writing the laws, they just sign them. On the off chance it goes wrong the ponies go for the princess, and the princess has no idea who wrote it, and would never admit to not writing it herself." He chuckled, "more than a few times I switched out Princess Sparkle's proposals for better ones, set up my escape and got her to sign my emancipation all without her knowledge. Now..."

His gaze grew more direct, "You said you were an element? An element of what exactly?"

Blu carried himself like a full grown stallion, but it was clear he was barely of age, at least physically, his eyes betrayed a much more mature intelligence.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali listened intently. She was a little impressed by his words. Finally someone who isn't like the others. Someone who has brains. "Finally someone who isn't brainwashed by the stupid sort! Such concepts may be morally good..." she stepped off of the couch and put one hoof on the table triumphantly. "But they are simply not practical.she says in a bit more of a direct tone.

She then pulled an element necklace. One much like the elements of harmony but....different...

d3j282w-57945236-a82a-47d0-b35e-e6bbcb828228.png?width=540&height=632

"I'll let you guess, and when you guess right...I'll tell you a little more maybe..." she grinned with a sly smirk. One that wasn't too trustworthy. 

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

Blu took a more direct interest in the necklace, "Well, by imagery alone I'd have to say it serves as an antithesis to the elements of harmony, by the diamond, representing generosity, I'd assume it is the opposite, perhaps selfishness? If we are to say that the opposite is not inherently evil you could say that the opposite of generosity is self care, but to be honest you don't look like the element of self-care."

He turned his attention back to Cali, "So, is it selfishness? Hoarding? Simple Greed? Avarice? I assume something of the sort?" 

Inwardly he thought of the implications, If there is such a thing, would the antithesis of Magic be Science? Might I in fact be the very undoing of Princess Sparkle?

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali simply relaxed back down onto the couch with a bit of a slow chuckle. She smirked widely and was impressed by his deduction there. "Greed."  she simply said before putting the necklace away. "Whether you like it or not we all have our desires as conscious beings...ponies like Twilight and all the rest like to hide them, pretend like they don't exist when Greed is one of our base instincts...when you have nothing left to lose, you have so much to gain..." she said to him. 

"Of the elements of disharmony, I am the element of Greed. There are other elements out there...I am sure of it but they haven't came around and shown their face just yet." Cali added in response to that. 

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

Blu snorted, "That may be true, but that hardly means one should relish in it. I've seen creatures so twisted by greed they become monsters, slave owners, abusers, so gluttonous for power they'd do anything to get it. The problem with greed is that you're never satisfied, never happy, always hungry."

6 hours ago, Scar said:

I am sure of it but they haven't came around and shown their face just yet.

He laughed briefly at that, "They don't exactly sound like the sort that would get along, sounds rather discordant in fact. Still," he focused his gaze again, "Embodying greed as you do, I'm surprised you had to find some abandoned house. Can't you afford some nice hideaway? With enough money you could simply bribe the guard away, turn their own greed against them."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She shrugged. "I could easily do so much things but that would take the pleasure out of life. I can do so much, so quick but the real pleasure is the challenge and learning from the mistakes I have made." she said thinking rather highly of herself for saying that. "If it is true that I embody the element of Greed...that the elements of disharmony are real it means they would be separate rather than as one unified as force as that'd be...harmonious.she said thinking.

"If you've ever heard of Stratusburg, I found the fabled golden door somewhere around in that area. I found this...element of disharmony in there. Calling me so to speak, but whether it is the real thing or not, I'll never know." Cali says to him. She seemed a rather matter of fact despite having a high sense of ego, as it seemed.

• Brohoof 3

@Scar

Now that's something interesting.

"Stratusburg? I think Princess Sparkle may have mentioned it at some point, but I can't say I'be seen it myself. Given the name I assume it's a cloud city? This door you found would have to either be beneath the city, or you have impressive magical endurance. I wonder though if it is not just some cursed artifact you've found, have you ever had it inspected? Checked for curses or dark magics?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She nodded. "I don't know who made it but it is a storage of lots of spell books, potions and the such. I have learned many...spells from that place in my time of being there. I never told anyone else of exactly where it is, and even if you did, you wouldn't find it." she smirked widely with a sly grin.

"It is on the ground around the area but, you mention that false princess Twilight a lot..you know her personally?" 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

What I wouldn't give to be able to lord that over Princess Sparkle...

Blu looked intrigued, "Something special about finding it then? Some sort of spell, incantation, or planetary alignment in order to find the door? Perhaps we could have some sort of arrangement later."

45 minutes ago, Scar said:

you mention that false princess Twilight a lot..you know her personally?

He snorted, "She's no less legitimate than the rest, but yes. I was, until recently, her ward. She'll tell you she adopted me out of the goodness of her heart, but she took me away from a family that would have loved me, and then couldn't be bothered to even get to know me. Which is why I left, I wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't even noticed my absence yet."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali shrugged absently. "I'm afraid how I exactly found it was unknown. It just came to me. I just knew where it was one day." she comments and listens to him more. She was definitely surprised by his answer. "Seems like she puts her own interests over that of others even if they don't wish it. What do you know about her, what can be used against her? I want to take her down. And while I definitely have the power to do so, I want to see what happens." she says quite confidently, perhaps too confidently. 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu raised an eyebrow in intrigue, "Tell you what, you bring me to this golden door, no tricks, and not only will I tell you what I know I'll personally assist you in getting close enough to do some real damage." He floated a glove over, it was the sort of glove that a griffon or Minotaur might wear, made of a dark colored cloth that might be leather. He extended it like a griffon would for a hoofshake, "What do you think? Do we have a deal?"

@Illiad Easle

She smirked and stepped forward. Her horn lit up a brilliant red, forming another glove out of translucent red energy which shook the other glove. "And if I am to uphold my part of the deal...I am hoping you do not use it against me. And besides the contents of the golden door are nothing you are probably expecting. It's an ancient hall of records from sorcerers and legendary beings...even legends from when the fabled Starswirl was young!" Cali exclaimed with pure greed in her wording.

"Prepare for the journey of your life-time. I already had a chance from the start, but its not fun if you take it the easy rout. It has to be hard...and challenging, or else you don't better yourself. Twilight will fall before our hooves and I will place her wings on my own back." she grinned very menacingly, not really directed at him. More of just a subconscious thing probably.

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

An ancient hall of records... I'll finally be able to study the old magics that my constructs are based on. I'll finally unlock their true potential.

Or I would... if she were here to join me.

His crush would not likely be too fond of him trying to overthrow Princess Sparkle, but that would be a problem for another day. He'd have to see what this archive contained first.

Blu nodded at the culmination of their agreement, "I wouldn't have it any other way. Should we set off immediately? Or is a good night's rest in order?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She yawned slightly. "It is best for us to sleep. Plan...get our minds rested for the morning when we head out." she said as she got off the couch and walked quietly, looking for a bedroom. "I'm not sleeping on a couch. I want a comfy bed." she said, seeming a bit demanding in saying that so.  

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu chuckled at that, "If you manage to find one, let me know. I'm pretty sure the floor's better than that squeaky mattress this place came with, but if you want it it's all yours."

He'd preceed her in entering the bedroom, quickly grabbing his briefcase before allowing her to enter, "Sleep well then, we'll talk more in the morning."

He would take the couch that Cali had vacated unless she changed her mind about the bed, in either case he would sleep with his head on his briefcase.

• Brohoof 1