Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Guest with Scar

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

While he was setting up and doing his work, Cali simply nodded and walked off. Roughly 10-15 minutes later she would come back with such a book in hand. She handed it to him for him to read, after she stood there studying it for a little bit. After they were done reading from this book Cali would say. "That all? I'd like to get this show on the road here. If I see any of them, I will restrain them, replace them, and then you will take them here and put them into the bedrooms here." she states and opened up a red portal next to it, she seemed to step into it, rummaging through it and pulled out chains, door locks, and stuff. "These would help with the door situation. These are state of the art stuff I stole a long time ago." 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

It hadn't actually taken that long to get the runes finished on the first door, and doing them the second time was quicker as he already had the practice. He'd be about halfway done with the second when she came back with the paired books.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, Califorum said:

"That all? I'd like to get this show on the road here. If I see any of them, I will restrain them, replace them, and then you will take them here and put them into the bedrooms here."

Blu rolled his eyes, "Patience, we've got at least an hour before the earliest they'll be here. Any chance you could teleport them into the cells when you capture them? That would simplify transporting them. If not, I could put receiver runes in the cells, then make a sender rune on a gem that you could charge and throw at them, though there is an extra issue. If there are two of them, do you plan on somehow replacing both of them? Or do we need to come up with an excuse for why one stayed behind?"

On 11/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, Califorum said:

"These would help with the door situation. These are state of the art stuff I stole a long time ago." 

Blu looked over the supplies she gave him as he made his way over to the first doorway, tapping a rune on the outer frame which caused the field to spring to life, covering the doorway with a blue glow, "They would help, if we had a door to chain up. This way we'll be able to keep an eye on them as well. But these chains might still be useful if they prove especially rambunctious."

He turned back to finish up the second doorway, "If you want to scope out the town, start planning where and how you'll capture the elements, be my guest. I'll be along once I've tested that these fields will hold."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Blu rolled his eyes, "Patience, we've got at least an hour before the earliest they'll be here. Any chance you could teleport them into the cells when you capture them? That would simplify transporting them. If not, I could put receiver runes in the cells, then make a sender rune on a gem that you could charge and throw at them, though there is an extra issue. If there are two of them, do you plan on somehow replacing both of them? Or do we need to come up with an excuse for why one stayed behind?"

"If there are 2 of them, I will basically turn into some sort of restraint chair for them and fly back here. I can maneuver my forms pretty well, and with that mask, they won't even be able to see me approaching at all. You could make that rune as a back up though." she said, smiling a little slyly. "But that leads into the next idea I had..." 

Blu looked over the supplies she gave him as he made his way over to the first doorway, tapping a rune on the outer frame which caused the field to spring to life, covering the doorway with a blue glow, "They would help, if we had a door to chain up. This way we'll be able to keep an eye on them as well. But these chains might still be useful if they prove especially rambunctious."

He turned back to finish up the second doorway, "If you want to scope out the town, start planning where and how you'll capture the elements, be my guest. I'll be along once I've tested that these fields will hold."

"Some of these chains can be used to chain the door up, but I was also planning on using them to chain up whoever we capture themselves so they are less of a problem for us, as you said. I will go scope out the town, when your there go to one of the cafes or places to eat, and I shall be with you eventually. However if I actually see one of them there when I get there, I will begin the capture procedure..." she said with a rather Malevolent look with a power hungry smirk. She knew what she wanted. This was her plan, and she was going to do her best to get it through. 

She looked to him as she stood up and handed the other book to him if he wanted to read from it. She looked at the blue barrier in an approving manner before doing some sort of flashy show offy pose before she resumed back into her pony form and sprinted down the entrance / exit hall way. She waved a hoof and the door opened and then floated out of the door way, once a little ways away, in a red flash she turned into a inconspicuous looking falcon and flew off in the direction of the town. Cali began soaring quite high.

It would take probably an hour or so, or longer to reach there. She was taking her time and not flying as fast. She enjoyed the feeling of the sun on her falcon wings, soaring above to great heights and over looking the land. She could spot some pegasi in the distance flying about, as it was that time of day where everybody would be out doing their daily tasks in life and such. The sun's rays on her wings was relaxing, warming, and she felt more powerful in the sunlight, and so she felt far more comfortable with what she was going to do. 

The falcon circled around the town, scoping the town out to see what was going on. It landed on rooves and looked everywhere to see if there would be any certain ponies for the taking here. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

7 hours ago, Califorum said:

"If there are 2 of them, I will basically turn into some sort of restraint chair for them and fly back here. I can maneuver my forms pretty well, and with that mask, they won't even be able to see me approaching at all. You could make that rune as a back up though."

Blu sighed, as that wasn't at all what he had meant, but she'd realize the error of her ways soon enough.

7 hours ago, Califorum said:

"Some of these chains can be used to chain the door up, but I was also planning on using them to chain up whoever we capture themselves so they are less of a problem for us, as you said. I will go scope out the town, when your there go to one of the cafes or places to eat, and I shall be with you eventually. However if I actually see one of them there when I get there, I will begin the capture procedure..."

Blu nodded, "Alright then, I'll see you there."

He wasn't in too much of a hurry once Cali had left, one of the shadow abilities he had been meaning to try out, shadow step, would allow him to get to the town fairly quickly so long as he could see a big enough shadow to step out of, which he had specced out when he was examining the town earlier.

That gave him some time to explore the library a bit, plan out what he would study over the few days that it would take Cali to be ready for his arrival in Ponyville. First he looked if he couldn't find anything else on nullification, also keeping an eye out for extradimensional portals, the kind that would allow Cali to look for her friends across the multiverse. He'd also note down the location of any other topics that struck his fancy.

After about an hour of looking he would mark down the locations of everything he had found, make sure the teleport runes were charged in the cells, then walk out of the library and ensure he had all three sender runes before closing the library door behind him. As he looked for a shadow in the distant town to step out of he draped himself in shadow, turning his blue coat to a dark grey, hopefully it would be enough to keep whichever elements came from recognizing him if/when they came into contact.

(Per who controls who, It's likely best if you control the ones that get captured and I'll do my best to play the rest when Cali is in Ponyville, that way both of us have a character in each scene.)

Blu found a shaded alley he could step into, and cast the specter to connect them. It would take the shadow a few minutes to get to town, giving him enough time to find a shadow on his end to step into.

8 hours ago, Califorum said:

The falcon circled around the town, scoping the town out to see what was going on. It landed on rooves and looked everywhere to see if there would be any certain ponies for the taking here. 

She wouldn't see any elements just yet, but by the plumes of steam coming up from the direction of the tracks, it wouldn't be long before a train pulled in, more than likely containing the elements she was looking for.

(I'm thinking they'd send RD and FS. RD because it's a clear danger, and FS because Cali turned into a gorilla, which given her somewhat ethereal presence, wouldn't be hard to confuse for an Ursa, and FS would be the best for dealing with a rampaging bear of any size.)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(RD and FS are definitely the ones I think would show up, I agree. You can rp them in the town, and I will do my best to rp them once they get captured, so its basically like if it is Blu interacting with them only, then I can play them, and if its Cali interacting with them only, then you play them).

She wouldn't see any elements just yet, but by the plumes of steam coming up from the direction of the tracks, it wouldn't be long before a train pulled in, more than likely containing the elements she was looking for.

After spending a while of searching, she perched on a building nearby and proceeded to observe the train pulling in. The falcon looked inconspicuous, but Fluttershy with her sense for animals might notice it. If she did, she would feel that something was quite off about that bird. Like it wasn't an animal at all. The falcon would wait until it saw any elements walk out, and then proceed to observe them. Cali wanted to wait until there wasn't a whole lot of ponies around to perform the 'capture'. She also looked over at the cafe area, which was also nearby to the part where they would get dropped off at, seeing if he would show up there, but her desire to capture any elements might overwhelm her plan to go eat with him...

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

22 hours ago, Califorum said:

The falcon would wait until it saw any elements walk out, and then proceed to observe them. Cali wanted to wait until there wasn't a whole lot of ponies around to perform the 'capture'.

If she was set on catching them alone, she would have quite the wait ahead of her as the elements were mobbed by the locals just about as soon as they got off the train, many voices shouting about how their business or home had been damaged by the beast, asking what the crown was going to do about it.

Though perhaps the mobbing was also a good thing, as it kept Fluttershy from noticing much of anything as she stood back to let RD take the brunt of the public, "Give us some space wouldya? You want us to take care of this or not?" This quieted the crowd a little, but there was still the mob, "Now, take us to where the attack was, and we'll see what we can do. Not promising anything just yet."

The crowd would then move with the elements in their midst to the center of the destruction Cali had caused, they were given space to examine the wreckage and get stories from individuals about what had occured.

Blu on the other hoof was also glad for the crowd around the elements, even less of a chance they would recognize him as he observed them on his way to the cafe Cali had mentioned, it had luckily been spared the worst of the damage from her attack, nonetheless the proprietor had gone off with the mob, so he was left to wait at a table and watch until the owner got back.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

The falcon went from building to building and went to watch the mob swarm those 2 ponies. It was Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. She kept a good eye on them, watching them go off to the destroyed, and robbed Jewelry store. She would eventually notice Blu sitting at a table alone a few minutes later. There was nobody around really but she still was careful. The falcon landed in an alleyway that Cali made sure nobody was about after looking left and right, the mob went off in the opposite direction. She turned into her normal pony form and proceeded to join Blu at the table. She smirked slightly, after evading the mob.

She sat next to him and whispered. "So far so good. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are here. They were swamped by a mob of villagers as they entered, they went off to the Jewelry store that I had robbed and destroyed. That will take them time to investigate. Time to eat?" she looked around, noticing the lack of anyone around at the cafe. "Or not, it seems. I guess we can go to where the mob is...and capture them..." she whispered, in a way so that nobody listening would be able to eavesdrop in on their conversations.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu shook his head, "We can't take any risks. Remember, once we take the first step we'll have to win in one go. We won't get a second shot at this."

He kept his gaze on the mob with a slight smile, "They'll tire quickly, then they'll be alone while they rest. We can either have you stage another attack, get them to chase you out of town and capture them then, or you can simply abduct them silently in the night. If you're stealthy enough you could warp them into the library without even waking them. Imagine the surprise  on their faces when they wake up captured."

He pulled out the sender runes, "Set these on them and activate them with magic, that'll teleport them to the receivers in the cells, if you want to do it that way. Regardless, we want none of the townsfolk to see them being abducted, lest they report back to Princess Sparkle and foil our plan."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali nodded in reply, satisfied with that. "While normally I would just go in all guns blazing so to speak we have to be extra stealthy about this. They will probably rest in that train that went here, or stay in one of the hotels here, right?" Cali asked, just to make sure. "I could go stage another attack right now if you wanted, but that would probably hard to do without anyone noticing, you know. Guess we'll wait then." Cali says with a slightly sly grin

"Since you are the one that needs to eat you can eat here while I observe their movements and strike accordingly, although nobody is really here right now." she continued. She took the runes with her hoof and stood up, ready to go unless Blu had any objections.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

On 11/23/2020 at 7:57 PM, Califorum said:

she continued. She took the runes with her hoof and stood up, ready to go unless Blu had any objections.

Blu nodded, "From what I saw on my way in, there's only one hotel of any sort in town, more than likely they'll be staying there. Getting them at night should be the best option, either by using the runes or by luring them out of town with a repeat. Either way, you should be ready to take their place as soon as you get them lest anyone notice they're missing."

Blu stood from the table as Cali moved to leave, ""I'll have better luck finding something to eat in the market I think, their goods at least are still available while unattended.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali nodded in approval of this. "Go and get your food. I will be at the hotel, waiting for you and them." she says to him and waves at him as he walked off. Then she walked off to an alleyway that nobody was around at. She slid the glass mask onto her face and walked out. Any pony around wouldn't notice her at all as most would have a lack of awareness. Then she proceeded into the hotel and waited at the entrance. She just waited for her...victims to arrive. When and if they did, she'd follow them to the room they were going to.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

She would be waiting for a few hours before the sun started to set and the elements finally retired to the hotel, the hotel staff rushing to prepare their rooms before they arrived, giving Cali an easy opening to wait for them in their rooms if she were so inclined. There was quite a bustle of staff outside their rooms, but no one was in their rooms for too long at any one time.

The staff cleared out momentarily from the hall right as the two were headed to their rooms, they looked weary, RD more than Fluttershy, who looked to have more concern for the populous as well as whatever 'poor scared baby ursa' had attacked the town the night before.

RD scoffed, "A scared creature doesn't do damage like that. The way the townsfolk spoke it sounded malicious, violent even. Still, not much we can do if we can't find it."

"I... I'm sure we'll be able to find it in the morning, the poor thing couldn't have gone far, but maybe it won't get lost again?"

RD rolled her eyes, "Maybe. Goodnight Fluttershy."

"Oh, goodnight Dash."

With that they went into their separate rooms.

Blu, after taking some produce and leaving some coins and gems in their place, shadow walked back to the library, using his new shadow key to open the door and closing it behind him, he prepared for his side of the plan. He stripped off the disguise, then went into the third bedroom, one where he'd be able to get to and from the library without being seen by the other two, he had cut a small hole in the connecting walls, they wouldn't be able to see through, but they would be able to talk through the hole to each other, and to him. He figured the best way to get their cooperation would be to pretend that he too had been captured. They wouldn't see anything to the contrary, and so long as they thought he was on their side he could keep them from trying too hard to escape. Allowing them to talk to each other would further placate them.

All that remained was for him to wait until they arrived.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali proceeded to hide into Fluttershy's room. When she entered, Cali took off the mask and smirked at Fluttershy who had recently gone to bed. She silent moved, a red flash from a portal opening up next to her and she rolled out a barrel and placed it by the door. It was fairly heavy and would act as a deterrent for anyone getting in or leaving. With her hooves, a bright orange orb would form and she would proceed to run her hand along the window frame. It melted the frame completely shut so nobody could escape. 

Then she proceeded to tap Fluttershy, who would likely be scared. Fluttershy would be met with the red eyes of Cali in her pony form. Her dark blue coat, and that key-lock as her cutie mark. When Fluttershy would be aware of Cali's presence Cali would speak.

"That was a good guess of who or what attacked the town, unfortunately, it is very much far off. You ponies fail to understand there are other worlds out there and you never question anything in your surroundings. You blindly fall into the traps that are set for you. You blindly assume that everyone out there has a good motive. That is not the case. You go about your lives like normal as if there is no mystery in life. You never have any will or desire to bring anything forward other than....such a concept as friendship...not everyone will be your friend." Cali's eyes flashed as she paused. "You are the kind one to everyone to meet, Kindness will only get you so far...for when people come about with nefarious intentions in mind...like myself..." Cali rolled her eyes. "You will be caught within your words."

"It seems the plan has worked. Now Fluttershy, I won't harm you. The last thing I'd want is for you to be harmed. Please stay calm..." Cali would take out her teleporting rune and fiddle with it in her hooves as she awaited Fluttershy's reply. She however, would make sure Fluttershy wouldn't scream.

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Throughout Cali's speech Fluttershy remained motionless, petrified by fear. It was only after Cali stopped speaking that she hesitated a response, "Whu... what do you mean? Who are you? Wh- Why would you say something like that?"

She clutched the blankets tightly to her, as it they would provide some form of protection.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali looked deeply into Fluttershy's eyes. "It's because I am not from this world. The attack on this town was my doing for reasons you won't understand. Believe me, it is far beyond what you can comprehend as of this moment."  Cali sat at the edge of the bed. "I'm from another dimension. Thus, I don't conform to this world's laws and expectations." she said and reached over to give Fluttershy a pat on the head, gently petting her to try to calm her down.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Fluttershy was simply confused and terrified by Cali's words and actions. When Cali reached out towards her she shrieked and would dash out of the bed, even out of the room if Cali didn't stop her. She demonstrated quite the agility while terrified.

If Cali let her escape, or simply failed to catch her, she would run into RD's room in an attempt to get her help.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Fluttershy's agility was enough to get out of the bed and to the door....but Fluttershy ran into the barrel at the door that Cali had placed there previously. Cali lightly laughs at this. "I am sorry...you'll calm down soon enough..." Cali's red hued magic envelops the scared pegasus and brings her closer. On Cali's hoof is the rune she had in her fur. She touches the rune to Fluttershy and activated it. If all went well, Fluttershy would poof away and be teleported to one of the cells. If it worked, Cali would remove the barrel and sneak into RD's room.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Fluttershy certainly thrashed in Cali's grasp before she hit her with the teleporter rune, once the rune was activated Fluttershy disappeared with a 'pop' and the paper the rune was on turned to ash.

Sneaking into RD's room it was clear by the snores that she was a much deeper sleeper than Fluttershy was, if she simply teleported her out she might not even be woken by it.

Blu was started to get concerned at how long it was taking Cali to get the elements, he wondered if she had decided to do a follow-up attack after all, and was about to go out and check when he heard the 'pop' of Fluttershy coming through the teleport rune into the cell.

(This is where she switches into your control)

She would likely still be thrashing a moment until she came to her senses and realized she was in a comfortable cell instead of Cali's magical grasp.

Blu would come near to hear if she called out, but would remain out of sight so she couldn't see him.

(I'm going to post some background information in the OOC as Blu and the elements have interacted before.)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(Sounds good to me. I will do my best with playing them.)

Cali proceeded into Rainbow Dash's room and didn't even bother to wake her. She put the rune on Rainbow Dash who was teleported away with a 'pop'. Then Cali proceeded to sneak out of the town, and turned into that falcon form and proceeded to begin her way to fly back. Deeply satisfied with what had happened there. It would take her a bit to arrive back at the library.

Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was sleeping in the bed in the cell, not knowing anything of the event that happened. The cell walls and door were thick, to ensure that she would sleep without knowing a thing.

Fluttershy however, would thrash around until she felt that Cali wasn't there. It took her a few moments to realize that she was in entirely different place. A decent sized, if basic bedroom. It had a sink, small bathroom of sorts, a desk. It was illuminated by a small light orb that kept the room illuminated. "W-what...." she said, shuddering in total confusion, her voice quiet. She walked up to the door and was unaware of the barrier beyond the door. She tried the door. It was locked. "I-I...w-who was she? Where...am I...?" she asks quietly. The whole confusion of the moment dominated her mind. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu considered responding, but the 'pop' of RD's arrival occured before he could think of what to say. She works fast after all. Once he was sure that RD was sleeping, he decided to start his ruse with Fluttershy. He went over to the small hole he had made to be able to talk, but not see, through the walls. "Fluttershy? Is that you? How did... oh no! Did she get you too?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Fluttershy took a second or two to recognize his voice. It was Blu. "B-blu? Is that you?" Fluttershy asked meekly, before going on over to the hole. "S-she got me too...it seems...w-who is she? D-do you know anything about her? Whoever she was...she was very...strange..." Fluttershy responds, still quite puzzled and even more so at Blu's apparent presence here. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

"I... I don't know exactly, she sounds crazy. She said she was from another world, like the one Princess Sparkle went to through the mirror. She seems to have something against Princess Sparkle, did she make enemies in the other world?"

(Note that Blu has never referred to Twilight by anything other than Princess Sparkle or Princess. He has never called her Twilight.)

Blu knew that Fluttershy knew that he shouldn't know about the portal. But he also assumed Fluttershy would be smart enough to understand that since Spike went as well, and Blu and Spike were practically brothers, that it wasn't unreasonable that Blu knew something about it.

"I've been trying to find a way out, but this place is a veritable labyrinth, with magic everywhere. Even though we can talk doesn't mean we're close, this hole could be a magic conduit or something, but I'll try and find you. I have to be careful though, if she finds out I can leave my cell, she'll close up the hole I've been escaping through. Stay calm alright?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Fluttershy shudders at that. "I-I don't...really know what to say to that but...lets try to escape here...I'm not sure...what to do..." said Fluttershy. She went back over to the door and tried to unlock the door. She failed. "This door is locked...I can't unlock it. I can't even..." she tried the handle as if trying to break it. She wasn't strong enough in the least. "Break the handle...its no use...we are trapped here!" Fluttershy started to sob a bit. "All of...the villains we faced...this one is different...p-please let me out! I don't want to be trapped in here! I don't know what she'll do to us!" Fluttershy started to panic.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu sighed, Fluttershy was not easily lifted out of a panic without Angel, and he highly doubted the bunny had been brought along on this trip, much less with her in the teleport. "Fluttershy, you need to stay calm, panicking is only going to waste your energy. She hasn't hurt me, so I don't think she'll hurt you either. As far as I can tell she just wants us out of the way so she can get to Princess Sparkle. I'm going to look around, you stay calm so you can answer if I knock on your door. If you panic yourself until you faint then I won't be able to find you."

With that he would step away from the hole and head to the library, he would study for about an hour before going to knock on Fluttershy's door, he needed to instill the idea that he really was far from her cell.

If Cali returned in the meantime things would be different.

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

Fluttershy took deep breaths, trying to calm down. "Deep breathes Fluttershy...deep breathes...you can do this..." she says trying to reaffirm herself of the situation. 

A little before an hour, Cali had arrived. The large stone block at the entrance opened up with her putting her 'key' form in, then entering inside. The big boom of it closing would jolt Fluttershy a bit. Cali entered in her human form like normal. She headed to the library and saw Blu studying. Cali grinned evily. "The plan worked...didn't it? Are the 2 in the cells? They better be..." she says to him, as if angry if he had done something wrong, but also fooling with him a bit. 

• Brohoof 2