Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Guest with Scar

Illiad Easle

@Califorum

Blu rolled his eyes, "What? Just because I like being a pony doesn't mean I'm as easily swayed as them. Fluttershy's panicked, as I expected, I've been looking to see if there's a rune that could calm her, but runes that affect mental states are few and far between. She'll tire herself out soon enough, then she won't be an issue. Not that she poses too much issue awake, outside of her stare. Rainbow, on the other hoof, is either dead or sleeping like one, which will make trapping her in a fantasy trivial. Speaking of..." He spun the shadow staff in his grip before knocking it against a wall to summon a specter, "I should see to that before she wakes up."

He passed over one of the linked communication books, "Here's your half of the book, any message you write, I'll see, and vice versa. Be aware, RD isn't known for writing or reading much. You best get to taking their place before someone notices their disappearance."

Blu would head off towards the 'cells' stopping out of earshot if Cali decided to follow him, "I'm working to convince Fluttershy I'm on her side so she doesn't try too hard to escape. She thinks you captured me too. Don't mess that up."

Once he entered the hall with the bedrooms he directed the specter, silently, into RD's room to lock her in a fantasy dream world if she were asleep, or solicit a reaction if she were awake. Once that was done he would start knocking on doors, whispering for Fluttershy with a distinct worry in his voice, Fluttershy would likely hear his soft knocks before he got to her door, and if she called out he would quickly move to her door, "Fluttershy? Oof, you aren't close to where she's been keeping me, not nearly. I've got to run back as it is to get back before she catches that I left. Did you hear the boom? That was her returning."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali took the book in her hand and tucked it away. She approves of his plans with RD and Fluttershy and began heading out. "Excellent. Good luck. If anything goes sour I'll just be on my way back. Not that they will even be able to track me anyways."  she did some sort of gesture to him as she began walking off. She was quite confident in her ability to do the task.

Rainbow Dash was currently asleep so, shew as locked into a fantasy dream world. At least she was having a good time in that, completely unaware of what was going on.

As she was walking out, Fluttershy would go over to where he heard his voice. "Y-yes I heard the boom...get back quickly before she notices!" Fluttershy says in a whispering voice, she really wanted to get out of here. Blu might feel bad for her.

Cali would exit the library. Once she did there would be another 'boom' as the heavy block closed. She shapeshifted into a falcon and proceeded to fly back. It would take a while, but once there it was still night time. She zeroed in on the hotel and proceeded to fly down, perching on the roof. The falcon located and peered into Rainbow Dash's room. If there was nothing up, she would fade away into red mist, shape shift into Rainbow Dash and take her place in the bed, if there was, the falcon would just observe.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

On 12/7/2020 at 10:53 PM, Califorum said:

Rainbow Dash was currently asleep so, shew as locked into a fantasy dream world. At least she was having a good time in that, completely unaware of what was going on.

While Blu was never close to Rainbow by any stretch of the imagination, he had learned enough about her to know a few things about her goals and aspirations, making a fantasy for her to remain in was trivial, any sort of competition would do, just the thought of training for a competition would be engaging enough that she wouldn't notice the time passing around her.

As she was walking out, Fluttershy would go over to where he heard his voice. "Y-yes I heard the boom...get back quickly before she notices!" Fluttershy says in a whispering voice, she really wanted to get out of here. Blu might feel bad for her.

Blu nodded though she wouldn't be able to see, "I will, try to get some rest. I'll come back for you as soon as I can."

With that he would leave quickly, or at least loudly enough to sound like he had galloped away. He'd be able to pass a spector through the hole in their adjoining wall once she was asleep, then the two of them would be safely packaged for storage until the battle, where he would have another use for them.

In his studies he had come across a charm that allowed ones body to be nourished in a sort of stasis while sleeping, provided there was enough magic available to sustain it. With the magic available here it wouldn't be too hard to add that charm to their induced sleep, then the only pony he'd have to worry about feeding was himself.

The falcon located and peered into Rainbow Dash's room. If there was nothing up, she would fade away into red mist, shape shift into Rainbow Dash and take her place in the bed, if there was, the falcon would just observe.

Thusfar, it did not appear that anything was amis, while there was a more vigilant guard presence in the town that night, no one had noticed the absence of the two elements. Cali would be able to take Rainbow's place undetected until morning, when one of the maids would knock, "Captain Dash, Ma'am, would you like breakfast brought to you? Or will you be coming down for it?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Fluttershy fell asleep soon enough, and the 2 captured ponies were safely 'detained' by him. He had no trouble finding the charm and he was able to do whatever he wanted without interruption. He was basically alone here for the first time. If he was curious enough, he could search wherever he wanted. Perhaps he might find stuff Cali didn't tell him yet or places he hadn't been yet.

Meanwhile Cali was groggily awaking in bed, trying her best to imitate dash. "Ugh..." she says, rubbing her eyes with her hooves and then looking over at the maid. "Bring it on over here..." she says as she yawns.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

21 hours ago, Califorum said:

Perhaps he might find stuff Cali didn't tell him yet or places he hadn't been yet.

Which was exactly what he intended to do. As soon as he was sure he was alone he set out to scour the whole library with two topics in mind:

1. Anything and everything on antimagic, and anything similar. The nullifier rune that seemed to double as a collector seemed like a good fit for his plan, but further research could only serve to improve his chances of success.

2. Anything and everything on interdimensional portals. Priority one was to get something out of this dimension, second priority was to send it somewhere particular.

After a bit of searching he had a third priority. Magic that would produce food, or make it so he didn't need to eat for a bit.

21 hours ago, Califorum said:

"Ugh..." she says, rubbing her eyes with her hooves and then looking over at the maid. "Bring it on over here..." she says as she yawns.

The maid nodded, "I'll bring it right up ma'am."

When the maid returned she had a bit of a worried expression, "Um, here's your breakfast ma'am, Miss Fluttershy is not in her room, do you know if she'll be returning shortly or where she might have gone?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Which was exactly what he intended to do. As soon as he was sure he was alone he set out to scour the whole library with two topics in mind:

1. Anything and everything on antimagic, and anything similar. The nullifier rune that seemed to double as a collector seemed like a good fit for his plan, but further research could only serve to improve his chances of success.

2. Anything and everything on interdimensional portals. Priority one was to get something out of this dimension, second priority was to send it somewhere particular.

After a bit of searching he had a third priority. Magic that would produce food, or make it so he didn't need to eat for a bit.

1. He was able to locate antimagic books soon enough. They were on a shelf that was colored differently from the rest as if this type of magic was wildly different from everything else here/ There were a few books on the shelf, when he read them they talked about an anti-magic powder of sorts that was made through combining all natural elements which were listed, into one through a complicated and costly spell. This powder could be crafted into anti-magic shields, barriers and the like through magical means. It seems antimagic, at least the kind described here had to be done indirectly through spells, rather than directly. The last book details casting it directly although with one improper move could yield an explosion that removes all magic including the caster's magic in the vicinity until it replenishes on its own. 

2. Interdimensional portals were on what seemed to be the cosmic magic area of this library. They were extremely costly and would require more than 2 ponies or 2 very magically inclined ponies in order to create although there was no way to tell when, and where they would lead and there were some hazardous accidents such as a portal opening up inside of a star or into deep space. As for sending something particular it is stated that in the past the great unicorns were able perform great spells and such, however those abilities were lost to time and only the wisest and most powerful were allowed to possess such knowledge. Oddly enough, such things aren't listed here. 

The maid nodded, "I'll bring it right up ma'am."

When the maid returned she had a bit of a worried expression, "Um, here's your breakfast ma'am, Miss Fluttershy is not in her room, do you know if she'll be returning shortly or where she might have gone?"

"Maybe she went for a walk earlier this morning? She hasn't told me anything of where she was going. Maybe she'll be back soon? I don't know." she shrugged and went ahead to begin chowing down on the breakfast. 

Edited by Califorum
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

1. It would be sufficient, his plan would still revolve around the first method he had found, though causing an explosion of antimagic intentionally could still be useful. All else failing, he could beat people pretty hard with his staff, and anyone who got their magic drained unexpectedly would be easier to take down for a moment or two, especially those more reliant on magic. He took down a list of the ingredients for the antimagic compound. With enough he should be able to make a ring or band that would render the wearer magically inert, a must if one was to capture a powerful mage like Princess Sparkle.

2. He had hoped for more promising results. He'd have to open a number of smaller portals first, find a destination that wasn't immediately hostile , then use that for the larger portal he had in mind. While finding specific locations seemed to be beyond his abilities before the fight, it was clear that if the former set of portals posed a danger from what was on the other side, then sending something the other direction shouldn't be an issue. He was sure the compiler would be able to make some headway on stabilizing the portals. He wasn't worries about power requirements, if everything went according to his plan, he'd have more than enough power.

Blu would feed all this new information into the compiler and give it a directive of compilation: Design a full field magic absorption rune, and Design a stable portal rune series.

Blu would look into gathering the components while the compiler set about resolving the directives.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, Califorum said:

"Maybe she went for a walk earlier this morning? She hasn't told me anything of where she was going. Maybe she'll be back soon? I don't know."

The maid nodded, "That makes sense. The mayor is interested in meeting with the two of you at your earliest convenience, he isn't a very patient stallion."

With that the mare would leave Cali to eat.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Blu is able to work in absolute silence. The silence aids in his work, but it might also be un-nerving. He is completely alone here. It is silent besides the sounds of his work and his flipping of pages in the book. The antimagic information however was extremely difficult to put into the compiler. It's as if the information itself didn't want to be compiled. The portal information was also difficult as well, but not to the degree of the antimagic information.

The maid nodded, "That makes sense. The mayor is interested in meeting with the two of you at your earliest convenience, he isn't a very patient stallion."

With that the mare would leave Cali to eat.

Cali went and finished her food and once that was done, she proceeded to wherever the mayor was, provided she was told. If not, she just looked for the maid and asked. She was thinking of ways to lie to the mayor as she walked there.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu prefered to study in silence, and this was one of the first times in a long time that he was able to do so, and he intended to make the most of it.

Once he had gathered any of the necessary ingredients that could be found inside the library, he would go outside to try and find the rest of the components.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:32 PM, Califorum said:

If not, she just looked for the maid and asked.

The maid gave her an odd look, "You were just there last night?" she sighed, "The mayor's office is just up the road, just to the right of the train station."

Once at the mayor's office the secretary would let her in, "The mayor is expecting you Captain Dash, go on in."

Inside the mayor's office, the mayor was looking out a window that faced the damaged buildings from his chair, "What do you think Captain? Should we be worried? Will the crown be sending aid now that you've seen the damage?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Blu prefered to study in silence, and this was one of the first times in a long time that he was able to do so, and he intended to make the most of it.

Once he had gathered any of the necessary ingredients that could be found inside the library, he would go outside to try and find the rest of the components.

It was quite peaceful outside. The tree leaves shaked in the warm breeze, and not a pony or creature was seen as he was left to test the components in complete peace. He felt calm here.

The maid gave her an odd look, "You were just there last night?" she sighed, "The mayor's office is just up the road, just to the right of the train station."

Once at the mayor's office the secretary would let her in, "The mayor is expecting you Captain Dash, go on in."

Inside the mayor's office, the mayor was looking out a window that faced the damaged buildings from his chair, "What do you think Captain? Should we be worried? Will the crown be sending aid now that you've seen the damage?"

Cali had to think of the answers fast as she herself didn't know the answers to those questions. She assumed a bold pose infront of the mayor. "Sir, we shouldn't be worried. I believe Fluttershy told me last night that it was the result of a rare form of Gorilla that got lost from its herd and came into town and wrecked the place out of panic. However, that begs the question, why was everything stolen from it? We might not be dealing with such an animal, rather, something else entirely. And about the crown I wasn't properly informed of that, but I remember Fluttershy saying something about it, speaking of her, I haven't seen her yet today. I wonder where she went." she said in an even tone, trying to match what she knew about Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Blu hoped that once this whole debacle with Cali and Princess Sparkle was dealt with he could return here to study in peace. There was a lot of information in this library that could advance society quite a ways if placed in the right hooves, and he felt his hooves were uniquely suited to dispense the wisdom.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:18 PM, Califorum said:

"Sir, we shouldn't be worried. I believe Fluttershy told me last night that it was the result of a rare form of Gorilla that got lost from its herd and came into town and wrecked the place out of panic. However, that begs the question, why was everything stolen from it? We might not be dealing with such an animal, rather, something else entirely. And about the crown I wasn't properly informed of that, but I remember Fluttershy saying something about it, speaking of her, I haven't seen her yet today. I wonder where she went."

The mayor looked over at her, confused for a moment, then shrugged, "I suppose it makes sense that she would leave the financial responsibilities to Miss Fluttershy. As to you more directly Captain Dash, should we be expecting an extra contingent of guards? Our guards were woefully unprepared for the attack we faced, and if what you said is true, there's a chance it could happen again. We may have gotten off lucky last time, suppose the whole troop of gorillas were to come through town? What then?"

The mayor looked further confused at her comments on Fluttershy, "Was she not staying with you? Do you think she went into the forest alone in search of this 'gorilla'?"

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle

“I believe that we should be expecting the guards to arrive once the Princesses hear of our investigation when we return. After we leave you should expect some guards to arrive shortly. And as for Fluttershy I think she went into the forest alone. She didn’t tell me, though. We slept in different rooms so I was unaware of her departure.” said Cali playing it cool. 

She then asks a question. “I would like to ask though, what did you hear about this directly? It could be something different from what we thought. I never heard of these types of animals.” 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

On 12/13/2020 at 10:23 PM, Califorum said:

After we leave you should expect some guards to arrive shortly.

The mayor nodded, "We'll prepare some space for them, we will of course need some extra funding to renovate the guard barracks if they are to remain long term, they would overwhelm the current capacity otherwise."

And as for Fluttershy I think she went into the forest alone.

The mayor looked worried, "I certainly hope she knows what she's doing, and that she might return soon so we can discuss the finances."

“I would like to ask though, what did you hear about this directly? It could be something different from what we thought. I never heard of these types of animals.” 

The mayor looked a bit suspicious of her, "Didn't you ask the townsfolk that yesterday? I don't think I could give you a better account than they gave, I don't know if I buy this gorilla talk, the way the guards were talking it sounded more like an ursa, maybe a unicorn or changeling with some advanced illusory magic like that Trixie filly who passed through some time ago, she could have pulled something like that off." He shrugged, "But if you two say its a gorilla, who am I to disagree?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

3 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Califorum

The mayor nodded, "We'll prepare some space for them, we will of course need some extra funding to renovate the guard barracks if they are to remain long term, they would overwhelm the current capacity otherwise."

"Excellent idea. I think it is best that they remain long term just in case something like this happens again. Just to be on the safe side." said Cali, secretly wanting that just so she could test her powers against the guard to see what they would.

The mayor looked worried, "I certainly hope she knows what she's doing, and that she might return soon so we can discuss the finances."

"Perhaps we could go look for her. I'm starting to get concerned to be honest with you. She didn't even tell me." said Cali, adding more ground to her lies.

The mayor looked a bit suspicious of her, "Didn't you ask the townsfolk that yesterday? I don't think I could give you a better account than they gave, I don't know if I buy this gorilla talk, the way the guards were talking it sounded more like an ursa, maybe a unicorn or changeling with some advanced illusory magic like that Trixie filly who passed through some time ago, she could have pulled something like that off." He shrugged, "But if you two say its a gorilla, who am I to disagree?"

"It could be anything really. Maybe Trixie is up to no good but when she did bad things previously, she never stole the entire inventory of it. Don't you think thats weird how anything valuable was gone? It wasn't just blatant destruction. It was planned that way. Sometime tells me it wasn't but Fluttershy thought it was a Gorilla of sorts." Cali says trying to put more Rainbow Dash like motions in a she speaks, but whether or not was accurate or not she didn't know.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

22 hours ago, Califorum said:

"Perhaps we could go look for her. I'm starting to get concerned to be honest with you. She didn't even tell me." said Cali, adding more ground to her lies.

The mayor nodded, "I'll have a group of guards accompany you to search for her. If this attack was more structured than we thought, she could be in serious danger."

The mayor would get up from his desk and motion for Cali to take the lead out of the office, "I trust you remember the way to the current guard accommodations? You were quite eager to inspect them yesterday."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali agreed with the mayors course of action. Cali sat up from the chair and began leading out of the office. "Guard accommodations? I think so at least, I am pretty shot from my deep sleep last night so I wouldn't mind a reminder." she said, as she truly didn't know. Unless of course, Cali could remember the place from her searches of the town previous times but it was at night and she wasn't searching for guard accommodations anyways, so likely not. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Califorum

The mayor looked fairly suspicious of her, nonetheless he led the way to an unassuming building that stood connected to the town hall, it was easy to see why she wouldn't have noticed it previously, it hardly looked large enough to hold more than four guards, much less the number of guards this town might need. The mayor paused at the door and looked back, "Let me, um, tell them you're coming, they worked quite hard to bring the barracks up to your standard since your visit yesterday... it wouldn't be fair to catch them by surprise two days in a row."

Without waiting for her reply the mayor stepped in and closed the door behind him, there was a bit of hushed murmuring behind the door, then the hurried thumping of items being moved around, before a guard stepped out with a serious, yet slightly nervous expression, "Captain Dash, you are suspected of having been replaced by a changeling. If you would come with me, peacefully, we'll get to the bottom of this."

Cali might notice the sound of a door opening and closing from the other end of the accommodations, as well as the sound of a trio of ponies running towards the center of town.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

They caught onto Cali so fast. Cali was amazed by that but she was a terrible liar in this regard, she was surprised why she even lasted this long. She couldn't keep up the lie anymore, and her egotistical brutish sense was rising within her. She looked towards the mayor and then laughed outloud with an un-pony like laugh. It had a weird sense of metallic screeching and clawing within it. "I'll fill you in on a little secret: I'm nothing what you think I am. I am beyond your understanding. Take this as a warning..." she said in an almost enraged tone. She was going to freak out on them, all of her emotions over a very long time began to surface.

Then, her form would begin to shift and change in a way that was quite unlike that of a changeling. It would poof into red mist before assuming the form of a globe that resembled Earth's globe. They wouldn't recognize it but it was made out of...crystal? It looked like. "Let me just say there are trillions of other worlds out there and I just so happened to be trapped here by a very unfortunate accident that separated me from where I belonged! Don't any of you know how it feels to be trapped in an alien dimension with nothing! Nothing at all! I lost all my connections, I LOST my friends, I lost EVERYTHING becuase of that stupid gem! I haven't seen my family in a LONG time and I will never ever see them again! I have all this power and yet...I have nothing! I am never satisfied with anything anymore! I am LOST, and I don't know where to GO!" she said, her voice twiching in an echoy form around the globe with rage, but they could also tell that she was very hurt emotionally. "You naive equines assume the best of everyone, spreading love and friendship when there are people from other worlds who have never felt such things! I am stuck here! Trapped!' Cali shrieks, finding herself unable to control herself. The globe spun a bit, giving them all a good look at it before. 

With a red flash she revealed her human form to them. It would be quite a shock. She seemed enraged, confused, and just distraught in general. She looked to the guard and the mayor.

"I'm not risking another almost life risking attempt at leaving another dimension like last time, I was trapped with my 2 mortals enemies who were hellbent on killing me for stuff I didn't even do! If I try again I might end up in hell for christ sake! You all FORGET the worlds that are out there! It is just...mind boggling to me! You haven't even developed the technology to go to your moon yet! You haven't done either of those things...because of your reliance on magical talent your world is a FARM compared to where I am from! You live out your mundane lives without any plan or agenda...focusing on PEDANTIC ideals!" she went on a tirade, walking about the room before sitting on the desk. Should the guard do anything to stop her, she would have turned into a red mist and fled out the window in a random direction. She turned to the guard. "Your afraid of a changeling, eh? Well, look at me, I'm not! I'm from another world with powers who can do who knows what! I can obliterate this town if I wanted to...but I won't because I'm not like that! Maybe if you all got your priorities right you would all be more AWARE of what goes on!" she frowned, she truly felt lost and went off the deep end of a tirade.

"It boggles my mind all of what I encountered. From embodiments of rage...to sentient vehicles and now sentient...HORSES of all things! What kind of world is this?! Why did I end up here? I don't understand!" she let out a loud sigh. Her speech and reveal would probably stun them all before they could even react. Then she seemed to compose herself. She was letting out all of her emotions of what she had dealt with. "Oh and by the way, all of your material possessions will eventually be replaced. I just so happen to have an addiction of taking stuff that doesn't belong to me and I just so happen to be off the walls and unhinged at almost every waking moment! Ugh! Why must this happen.." she huffed.

She pulled out a book detailing the history of the planet Earth...well of a slightly different history from our own but it's not like they would tell the difference. "Maybe you'll learn something! Ugh! I'm out of here! That was a horrible plan anyways! Plans are horrible, action is far more satisfying! I really am horrible at this....' her form turned into a large boulder and suddenly lurched forth and careened out the window at an extremely fast rate. It was the fastest she could go. The glass shatters everywhere. They could see the boulder rapidly receding in the distance. The boulder turns into a normal-ish looking bird out of sight and changes direction completely. She needed to go calm her mind...she never freaked out like that before...she ruined the plan...

While the ponies in the room were left with the book on the mayors desk. They were left in complete shock, and possible terror. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

As she was departing Cali might notice a crowd forming near the center of town, the word 'changeling' easily discernible from the mix of voices. Once the crowd was large enough it started to make it's way towards the forest, it was clear by their calls that it was a search party looking for Fluttershy.

The guard she had traumatized had fainted on the spot just about as soon as Cali made her exit.

Blu would still be studying in the library. He was working with the compiler to build a trap of sorts using the runes he had found. Made correctly, it should serve to capture a magic user even as powerful as Princess Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali proceeded to return to the library after a more careful return to the library. It took longer than expected but Blu would most certainly be shocked at the door closing so soon. Cali flew in the hallway before she sighed loudly, soon enough locating him. She sighs.

"Guess what? I failed...I failed! The found me out so easily! Ugh!" Cali huffs in frustration and proceeds to tell him exactly what had happened. They would have to come up with a new plan.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu let out a deep sigh as he rubbed his forehead, "That's no good, that simply won't do."

He took a deep breath before he continued, "So, we have a limited timetable now before things completely go ary. We may still be able to salvage this, but our chances of success are slimming. Quickly, but calmly, tell me what happened."

@Illiad Easle

Cali sighed and sat next to him after he spoke. "So what had happened is that I told them that Fluttershy could have been taken away by a herd of Gorillas in the forest or got lost in the forest, then the mayor asked me about the guard barracks, I know nothing about that so I didn't know how to...respond exactly to that...and they suspected I was a changeling, I kinda had...a mental breakdown infront of the guard who fainted...I left a book about the history of my world there and then fled...basically." Cali explained.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Blu rubbed his forehead with a hoof as he thought. "That's... not entirely a wash. Ponies are prone to believing the easiest paradigm they can conceive of, so they'll probably believe you to have been a changeling, and that the two Elements we've captured were changelings. We have about half a day at the least before Princess Sparkle hears of their capture, at which point she'll send more guards to help the search. I highly doubt she'll come here herself, but she might. In any case the other Elements will be watched closely so they don't get captured as well."

He looked back over at the books he had out and the compiler. "I've been looking into the runes and spells we've found here, and I think I've found a combination that will create a trap strong enough to capture even Princess Sparkle. If I can get... two hours, one and a half at the very least, in the map room of her castle I'll be able to set it up. We should be able to use her paranoia to our advantage."

He pushed some of the books away to pull out a blank sheet of paper, drawing out his plan as he gave it. "You can get yourself to Ponyville very quickly, you will need to sneak in, and find some back room for me to teleport in with that rune I gave you. Then you'll need to draw her and as many of the guards as you can out of the castle so I can set the trap. I'll signal you when the trap is set, at which point you need to get her back to the castle and pin her to the map table so I can trigger the trap."

He looked back over at her, "Questions? We don't have time to waste, we can't hold the Elements here forever."

@Illiad Easle

After he was done informing her of the plan, Cali smiled. Such a plan made so much more sense. So much so she asked the following, "Why didn't we do that before? Either way that makes so much more sense and I have a map of the land and I've occasionally done a few robberies in Ponyville a few weeks ago so any suspicions there are most likely gone. I will do what you say to the best of my abilities. Ponyville is a little far but I can try my best to get there as soon as possible. I'll let you know through the book once I am there. I can easily distract them. If that is all I will be going..." said Cali, enjoying the new plan.

She told him good luck with his side of the plan and got up and walked away. If he said anything or wanted anything else she would have listened. She turned into a falcon and flew out of the library, the door opening once she was close enough and the falcon flew off in the direction of Ponyville. The falcon flew rather high, its wings and body angled to allow for the most speed possible. Pegasi might have noticed but by the time they did, it was almost out of sight. Once at Ponyville, the falcon circled and looked at the castle, surveying the land before Cali would begin. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

23 hours ago, Califorum said:

Why didn't we do that before?

Blu looked like he was going to respond to that, then thought better of it and let her continue.

If that is all I will be going...

Blu nodded, "If you get there soon enough, she won't have heard that her friends are missing yet. I don't know if it would be better to try and strike before she hears or after, I'll leave that decision up to you and what you see when you get there."

Once she was gone, Blu turned his attention back to the second part of his plan, the part that would happen after the trap was sprung. The chances of success weren't fully optimal, but they were acceptably high. He would divert his studies for however long he had to optimizing the chances of success, as well as keeping the rejuvenating chalice from earlier on hoof, he would drink from it right before he went through the teleport rune to ensure he was at peak strength when the time came.

Once at Ponyville, the falcon circled and looked at the castle, surveying the land before Cali would begin. 

It was early evening by the time Cali arrived in Ponyville, there didn't seem to be anything amiss among the populous, everyone going about their day about as they did the last time she had come through, meaning news of the capture of the Elements had not reached the Princess yet, or she hadn't told anyone.

The castle itself seemed to indicate the former, the guard patrols seemed no different than usual, that being few and far between, getting into the castle would not prove difficult.

• Brohoof 1