Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Guest with Scar

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

As they left, the influence seemed to diminish. "That is pretty fascinating. I won't bore you with the history of my world, thats a story for another time. Old Lands? Sort of like the Old and New World then? Would that mean they have sailed over an ocean? Sounds similar to what happened in my world." Cali replied.

They would reach the entrance. All of a sudden there was a loud screeching sound as multiple hands of a black swirling mass would flow through the halls. It sounded quite demonic. Cali and Disciple were lucky enough to avoid it. As soon as they exit the temple, whatever that was seemed to vanish back into whatever it came.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Disciple looked concerned when the darkness had tried to attack them, he stood pondering the temple from the outside, "Hmm, that could be dangerous if left unattended, some foolish creature could wander in and be attacked, who knows what that darkness might want? But that also would mean either dealing with it ourselves, or talking to local leaders and trusting them to deal with it." He turned his gaze to Cali, "Thoughts?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"I mean you could always use your magic snap to like delete it from existence, if you are truly as powerful as Discord is. At the very least we could go inform local leaders in the area about this and have this Temple blocked off from intruders so nobody ends up getting hurt." Cali suggested with a slight shrug as she started to walk away from the temple itself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Disciple snorted at that, "Really calling me out there aren't you? You've got a rather skewed perception of Discord anyway. Best he could do is move it somewhere else, he's actually bound by some sort of cosmic law that states he can't kill anyone, which he circumvents by getting other to do it for him, or moving them somewhere they'd very likely die anyway, like the bottom of the ocean."

He put his hands together, drawing in a glow as he focused, "How about this:" He stretched his arms out and started snapping as he brought his hands together again, the ground rising up on either side of the temple to cover it like a closing eyelid. The surrounding trees being brought along such that, provided nothing went wrong, there would now be a forested hill covering the temple.

"Out of sight, out of mind."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali laughed at what had happened, she was quite impressed by the alteration of the land he just did to the land. There was now trees and dirt covering where the temple was. It looked like an out of place hill, but one that concealed the temple perfectly.

"I mean hey, that works perfectly as well! And about Discord, I know very little about him. I know about what he did, and I know what he is capable of doing but I know little else besides that. What is discord like...as in be around? What is he...like?" Cali would ask curiously, meaning no offense to him. With that, she would glance at the hill and walk off.

Nothing bad happened.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Monotonality

Disciple was slightly out of focus for a bit upon finishing moving the hill to cover the temple, but after a bit or rest he regained his sharp appearance. "Discord... The times I interacted with him he was always focused on the future, he hardly enjoyed his victories when he had them as he was already planning how he would make his next victory even better. Too focused on the future to enjoy the present. If anything, his relationship with Butterflies has done him some good, rooting his view much closer to the present, where she is, instead of the future. That's part of why I try to focus just on the present, don't plan ahead too far, I don't want to miss the present for some future that might not happen."

He looked over at her, "So, you've mentioned your disdain for the prince on a few occasions, care to explain what happened between the two of you? You weren't in contact very long from what I could tell."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali watched as he would regain his focus and appearance there, and listened intently at his words. "That makes the most sense, focus on the present and enjoy the now. Now will not come again, so it is best to enjoy the now. From what I have heard of Discord he is quite an interesting sort. Intelligent, powerful, yet he likes to mess around and be chaotic as his title implies. I wonder what he is up to these days. I hope he is enjoying his time in the present." Cali would nod slightly at her words and would allow Disciple to lead them, they were going to a Thestral village after all.

"The Prince? Is that what you call Blu? Or are you referring to someone else? In case if you are referring to Blu, he literally stole my magic and backstabbed me and kept me trapped in my dreams. That...just enrages me. To think that I could be so trusting and so powerless just...just offends me." she seethed, it was more of a regretful seethe. One that she never wanted to happen, and will never do again. Her legs bursted into flames but that was just a part of her shapeshifting. Perhaps due to her anger. But it quickly died down and she sighed.

"However, being in such positions is enlightening. I won't get into trouble with world conquering plots ever again." she'd say honestly. "I was such a crass, ignorant, and disgusting fool." she spat. It was more like she was talking to herself, really. She'd smile wearily. "Rather learn then, than learn now." 

Edited by Monotonality
  • Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

Disciple looked surprised, and no small amount of impressed, "Truly? That far exceeds what I thought he was capable of. I'll have to adjust my assessment of what he is capable of. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. As far as humans go he was always the more conniving of us. Though it isn't a large sample as there are only four of us total."

They'd travel for some time without incident before entering the Shimmerwood Forest, upon which they'd encounter a pair of strange creatures, one green and the other blue with a horn like a goat. The green creature spoke aloud, but it wasn't in any language either of them had heard before.

More noticeably, the green creature lacked any sort of facial features, it's head instead having a sort of glow to it. The blue creature did have normal facial features.

Neither had any sort of hair on them, and they had the general appearance of lizards, only without scales. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"There are others? Me and him would be two. Who are the two others? I would like to know more about that but it seems like we have some interesting ones up ahead." Cali spoke as they reached the forest. The creatures up ahead were quite strange and they seemed to be communicating. Cali looked to Disciple quizzically.

"Should we try to talk to them or what? Fly over them and avoid contact or what? They could be dangerous but we both could take them on if they prove to be dangerous. Up to you, I don't know what we should do quite frankly." stated, looking to the two creatures with curiosity. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

22 hours ago, Cali said:

"There are others? Me and him would be two. Who are the two others? I would like to know more about that but it seems like we have some interesting ones up ahead."

Disciple would gesture to himself, "I'm the third, both in your list and chronologically. The last one was also the first one, the thestrals can tell you more about him when we get there."

22 hours ago, Cali said:

"Should we try to talk to them or what? Fly over them and avoid contact or what? They could be dangerous but we both could take them on if they prove to be dangerous. Up to you, I don't know what we should do quite frankly." 

Disciple thought for a moment before snapping his fingers, then moving them like he was tuning a radio knob. As he did so the green one's voice became more understandable.

"We are the green man, I hope you will stay for a drink."

Disciple whispered, "I put together a sort of translation barrier, when you speak it will read your mind and attempt to convey your intent in words they understand. Using simple language helps. I think talking to them might prove interesting, I haven't seen anything like them before."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali simply acknowledged what he said about the fourth one. He'd be in the thestral village, maybe she could end up moving there. She was very interested in what would lie ahead, but also very interested in what was happening now.

Disciple thought for a moment before snapping his fingers, then moving them like he was tuning a radio knob. As he did so the green one's voice became more understandable.

"We are the green man, I hope you will stay for a drink."

Disciple whispered, "I put together a sort of translation barrier, when you speak it will read your mind and attempt to convey your intent in words they understand. Using simple language helps. I think talking to them might prove interesting, I haven't seen anything like them before."

Cali would thank Disciple for what he did here for a whisper. She'd look to the creatures. "Hello, we are travellers. Heading to a village. We wonder who you are." Cali spoke to them, trying to speak in a simple way that the spell could work easier for communications with the creatures.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

The green one titled it's head before responding, "I am the Green Man. I used to be a cute and cuddly creature, but the bubbles in my soap became hard. Now I'm just ugly."

Disciple looked over and shrugged, "I didn't say it was a perfect translation, maybe you can parse out what it means? Sounds like someone hit him with a potion of sorts."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali looked to Disciple. "Seems to me like he had some sort of accident, perhaps some sort of spell gone wrong or someone purposefully did this to him." she said to him in a rather analytically and looked back to the creature.

"Someone do this to you, or accident be made? We may help. If know." she tried to keep her words simple here.

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

The green one didn't hesitate as long before responding, "A pony did this to me!" The memory of the experience seemed to be causing the green one pain, or it was always in pain.

The blue one disappeared for a moment, before reappearing with some cotton soaked in water, which the green one rubbed on its featureless face.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali rose an eyebrow. While a part of her expected this, a part of her did not. She seemed concerned but also deeply curious as to the identity of who did this. "Who did this to you?" she'd ask the green one and watched as the the blue one returned.

She looked to Disciple. "Do you think your abilities could help us out here? If you can move mountains, can't you put these guys into better bodies or help them with their problem?" 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

The green one thought for a moment, "A filly did this to me. She was so sad. I tried to cheer her up, but she didn't like it. Now she is mean."

A faint image appeared on the green one's featureless face, it was a crude drawing of a sad face, perhaps an attempt to convey the filly's sadness?

The green one continued, "You should cheer up too."

Disciple looked unsure, "There's a reason most mages stay away from transformative magics, as they are more or less the result you can get if it goes wrong. Frankly the green one is lucky to be alive, having no mouth and all. If I tried anything I'm just as likely to kill them as make things better. Maybe with a few mages working together we could try reversing this, but knowing more about what happened would help. You seem to be doing a good job of getting answers."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"What we can do here is get more answers out of him, and I'm sure you can take us to somewhere where there are some very wise and powerful mages who can hopefully deal with this situation. As, I do not know anything about how to transform others. I can transform myself, but I cannot do others. I've never dabbled in that and I am not going to. So what we should do here, is learn more, and take the green one here along with his friend to a place where he is more suited to get the help that he needs." she nodded grimly.

She'd look back to the Green one. "I am sorry. You need help. We can get you help." she started, giving him time to think. "Who is this filly? We might need her. To help you. Please let us help." she stated and felt guilty, knowing what she had done in the past. "Its the least I can do." she frowned sadly. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

Disciple nodded, "Provided they are amicable o the idea, I know a place not far from the thestral village that might be able to help."

On 2021-04-29 at 9:55 PM, Cali said:

"I am sorry. You need help. We can get you help."

The green one seemed touched by the offer, "Y... you are too kind. I wish I could thank you, but I am ugly and my mouth doesn't work."

"Who is this filly? We might need her. To help you. Please let us help."

Green Man says "Her name is Pink Eyes."
Green Man points to a tree, where some what looks like a cutie mark is pictured. It is that of a green eyeshade and a crosshair.

If they examined the image closer they'd find it was something of a magical projection rather than something painted there, likely conjured by the green one.

"Its the least I can do." she frowned sadly. 

The blue one approaches and says "I am sorry for your losses. I am intrigued by your new acquaintance, however. Can you spare a few moments?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali nodded to Disciple and addressed the Green Man's comments.

The green one seemed touched by the offer, "Y... you are too kind. I wish I could thank you, but I am ugly and my mouth doesn't work."

"Whether you may be ugly or not, I think I have realized what I am meant to do. Atone for the past mistakes I've done. May this be...one of the first atonements I do." Cali would grin somewhat. 

Green Man says "Her name is Pink Eyes."
Green Man points to a tree, where some what looks like a cutie mark is pictured. It is that of a green eyeshade and a crosshair.

If they examined the image closer they'd find it was something of a magical projection rather than something painted there, likely conjured by the green one.

Cali looked to the projection over the tree. "That's one part of the puzzle. We need to know where this...Pink Eyes is, so we can help you. Maybe she can turn you back?" Cali suggested, looking at the projection in a rather close manner.

The blue one approaches and says "I am sorry for your losses. I am intrigued by your new acquaintance, however. Can you spare a few moments?"

"Of course I can. I have all the time in the world. Say what you need to say, don't worry about me." Cali nodded in a respectful manner. 

• Brohoof 1

@Monotonality

After some more discussion with the transformed creatures they eventually settled on bringing them to the thestral village with them where they would then be treated by the Lunar Order residing in the nearby Archback Mountain.

In the thestral Village Cali was able to learn about Fastar, the fourth, or rather first, human to come to Equestria. 200 years prior he had rescued a thestral filly and founded the thestral clan that called the village home to this day.

Disciple and Cali would part ways then, each going their own way in the world, helping all those they came across. They would run into each other every few years or so to swap the stories they had gathered on their journeys.