Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Guest with Scar

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

"Now that you mention it, Discord himself would be a great help in finding my friend Gina, however finding Discord and getting answers about him, and these artifacts is a different matter entirely. One for another day." she said and set the cup down onto the table. "Once it wears off of me, you should try it out. However for now, we will look at the others here..." she said and looked on the shelf.

The artifacts in this room seemed to be organized in a certain manner. With a shelf on the opposite side with books. She grabbed what seemed to be a vial of green liquid. "This one looks interesting." she said as she walked over to the other side, soon enough locating a book that seemed to correspond with the green vial. She began reading, outloud.

The book started off with saying the green vial was crafted by some great wizards of the past. Starswirl himself was involved in creating some of the properties of this vial. Those who drunk from it would find that any impurities within the body, and boost the overall well being of the mind and soul. The vial itself would also re-fill magically over the course of the next week.

She popped the cap off and handed it to him. "You can use this one. It re-fills anyway so, I can just take it later. You probably could use it." she said. 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu looked a bit skeptical as he examined the vial, "What, it cures both mental and physical ailments, and recharges weekly? There must be some sort of catch to it..." he shook his head, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained right?"

He drank down the flask and waited for the effects, "Did they mention that it tastes terrible? Like it actually makes Sweetie Belle's cooking sound gourmet by comparison."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He drinks it down and it was completely rancid and tasted like the smell of a truck-stop bathroom. That rancid taste washes throughout his body like a wave and seems to intensify greatly, however with that wave he feels like his body is being rejuvenated, and repaired. He feels more awake and ready for the day, he also feels a little bit stronger like his body was improved, as well as his mind being clearer and more focused. Cali said, “I forgot to mention that...the benefits outweigh the taste...so how do you feel? It says here that it would taste horrible...but the results are what matters.” She asks with a slight grin on her face.

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 2

@Scar

He shuddered from the taste, "I don't think I would recommend it for casual use, sure I feel better now than I have in a while, but I think it would be more worth it after an injury or as a last resort, especially since it takes a week to refill."

He looked at the vial, "This could do quite a bit of good you know? Heal ponies with terminal illnesses or other life altering conditions. But given how limited it is, it would take quite a bit of power to keep it in the right hooves, keep it from being stolen and sold to the highest bidder."

He would set it back where Cali found it and look for another artifact to try, a golden dagger marked with the same star as the cup, "This one looks related to the cup if the stars are any indication, perhaps a mark of whoever made them originally?" He pulled out the book related to the dagger, "It says here, that whoever holds the dagger cannot die, it does not protect them from things like aging, disease, or other damage, only that they will not die..." He shuddered, "There's some accounts here, seems this artifact was fought over in ancient wars before it came here, one who had the dagger had it in their mouth when they were beheaded, and lived disconnected from their body until the dagger was removed. Could be useful to keep someone from dying before they can receive care, but beyond that..." He noticed something else, "Ah! It also says that while holding the dagger they receive the combined combat training of everyone who has used it before, so maybe a bit more useful then." 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali smirked and listened as he spoke. That dagger would probably be extremely useful for her, especially if her enemies like Bayonet or the Snarl come by again. They would be in for a massive shock if that was the case. She would probably use that vial once again when it was refilled. But this dagger. So many possibilities with it.

She then would look at the dagger, before taking it into her hands. "Holds? Well, I can hold it forever probably. Hmm....' she said as a red portal opened up next to her. She reached into it and grabbed a carrying bag, and then put the bag on in a way that she would be able to access this dagger quickly if need be. She then places it into the bag and closes it. "Fascinating artifact, I have to say. Adverting death is probably the most powerful one of the ones in here, at least so far. I'd like to keep that one for myself. Does the book say who crafted it or from where it was crafted? None of the others in here did."

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu shook his head, "Looks like whoever built this place didn't know either, though they suspect that the marks were added by a certain ancient king who used those artifacts in conjunction to rule for hundreds of years. Likely any others we find with that symbol will have been in the possession of this ancient ruler."

He looked sidelong at Cali as she stowed away the dagger, "Not to be ungrateful or anything, but of the two of us I am at the greater risk of death, generally speaking that is."

He turned his attention back to the room, "Anyway, what else to we have here?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

She didn't comment on his wording about how he was at the greater risk of death there. She was sure they were fine of that, at least for now. "I suspect this place was built by the ancient rulers of the past. Who knows though. Maybe there is a book about that here, I haven't found such a thing yet." she looked to the room and walked up to what seemed to be some sort of glasses. 

"I wonder what these are..." she said and then went across and found a book that corresponded to it. She read the book aloud. These glasses allowed the user to see into the future by a few seconds. If powered up enough, the user can see things in the future as far as the magic can supply. The more magic, the further the user can see. Cali was amazed at this.

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

"Now that's something impressive, and immediately useful. I suspect even the most powerful mages wouldn't be able to power it enough by their own power to see too far in the future, and I assume the power directly correlates to the distance into the future? Well, it would be a trivial matter to connect them to a battery and regulator rune, With enough battery gems and time to charge them, we could then peer with great accuracy at any point in the future."

He'd examine the glasses with his own, with a flash of his magic a pair of runes appeared on his lenses, allowing him to see is if through a magnifying glass, trying to see if he could find any small runes or other clues in the artifact.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Heh, with these we could know all of our enemies moves before they even do a scratch on us! We could conquer everything, see our enemies before they even show up!" she laughed rather arrogantly at that. Unfortunately his look on the glasses fails to come up with much. It is as if the glasses themselves resist being looked at. They don't show any signs of what they are made up of. He sees the glasses as if he was looking at them like normal. He feels as though the glasses are deliberately preventing him from looking closer. 

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu snorted as he put the glasses down, "It would take quite a bit of resources and precision carving before we reach that point, but theoretically yes, if we were based over a leyline and had a direct tap we could do that. It is certainly worth looking into further once we have the gems to precisely regulate the power flow."

He stowed the glasses away on his coat before looking to see what else the room had, he took interest in an ebony staff, and its associated tome, "Says here, this is a staff of specters, gives the wielder the ability to command shadows and hold influence over shadow-kind including, to a limited extent, thestrals. Though it note for them the influence on them is more akin to light persuasion. It is much more effective the closer to shadows the entity is question is. For instance, it gives near perfect dominance over Shadow Specters, notes say that it was once used to dominate even a Specter King. It may not be too effective against Princess Sparkle, but it would serve well to establish order afterwards. Why risk guards when you can conjure a loyal force from the darkness itself?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali simply smirked at his statement about the glasses. "If one is to power up these glasses we would have to find raw magic as it states in the book here. No individual magic, as that might cause something to go wrong." she stated, and listens to what he said about that ebony staff. She rose an eyebrow and stowed the glasses away in her pocket as she looked at the staff intently.

"Nothing too powerful but would definitely make a good distraction for the royal guard for sure. In the night, is when it would be most powerful however during the day, you could control your own shadow to your will, useful for distractions although, direct combat, not sure." 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

On 10/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Scar said:

She rose an eyebrow and stowed the glasses away in her pocket

On 10/29/2020 at 8:51 PM, Illiad Easle said:

He stowed the glasses away on his coat

(Are you saying you lifted them off him?)

"If one is to power up these glasses we would have to find raw magic as it states in the book here. No individual magic, as that might cause something to go wrong."

Blu nodded, "All the more reason for the regulators, batteries, and a tap into a ley line. All things I had only briefly considered a possibility before, but now I can actually bring them to fruition."

direct combat, not sure.

It was Blu's turn to smirk, "Ah, but that's the easiest part. Princess Sparkle is terrified of shades and any other 'dark' creature. Having them at our command would make fighting her much easier. Plus, shades and shadow specters attack mentally, while Princess Sparkle's mental defences are stronger than most, if not all, others, even she won't be able to defend against a swarm."

Gripping the staff he used it to stand on his hind legs, "Woah, I haven't been up like this in a long time. It's... weird, I've gotten used to not having to balance."

@Illiad Easle

(Ignore the part where she touched the glasses then, I didn't read properly.)

Cali could only smirk upon what he had said. "The best way to defeat someone or something is wear them down before they even fight you. This sounds perfect for that. I would also like to at some point...maybe free some of those villains. Chrysalis...King Sombra...Tirek and let them run amok across this land for a little while. See what happens...I want these ponies to realize the stakes of what life truly is." she said to him. 

She rose an eyebrow at his standing on his hind legs. "Perhaps there is a spell we could find to change you back to your...normal form. It must be awful being stuck to your...Equine form. Shapeshifting is what you need to learn next."

• Brohoof 2

@TheDonald

(Odd name)

22 hours ago, TheDonald said:

I want these ponies to realize the stakes of what life truly is.

Blu shook his head with a serious expression, "No. The removal of their guardians is enough to snap the fear of death into them without getting them killed, drained, or enslaved. It wouldn't be just to punish them all for the faults of their rulers, especially when their rulers aren't present to suffer with them."

22 hours ago, TheDonald said:

"Perhaps there is a spell we could find to change you back to your...normal form. It must be awful being stuck to your...Equine form. Shapeshifting is what you need to learn next."

He shook his head again, though his expression was less serious, "No... Like I said, I have a better life here. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, have access to magic. It may be surprising, but I much prefer my life here. There's nothing left for me back where I came from, and leaving it behind was the best choice I ever made."

He dropped down to four legs and elected to hold the staff with his gloves instead, setting the staff on his back. If Cali asked he would reply, "I seem to know more about the shadow kind, I would get the most use out of it."

Otherwise, he would wait for Cali to reveal what she had found.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

(I'm pretty odd lol. Probably should have our characters sleep soon or something, to make sense in the time in the rp. How much time has passed since they walked into the library / flown here, would you say? Speaking of sleep, I have an idea for the next artifact, that can be the last one for now.)

She rose an eyebrow at what he had said, again. "The shadow staff is yours, then. And on your thoughts of the rulers...fine." she huffed and rolled her eyes. "Maybe we could come up with some sort of artifact or spell to drain the magic of other ponies and other creatures...and once we have their magic we know of it. Like taking their magic from them and then having their knowledge of what it does if that makes sense?" she suggested as she looked at the artifacts more.

There was another vial of a bright green liquid. It was much like others but the cap was different as well as the glass. Perhaps made by a different creator. She looked at the book that corresponded with it after finding it. The vial was capable of making the 'user' have clearer sight and be able to see in the dark...permanently as long as they re-drink from the vile that re-fills itself once every 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks was over, the user would lose that ability exactly 2 weeks later, down to the very second.

She popped off the cap and drunk it down. She clearly revulsion in disgust. "That....tasted like a battery...." she closed her eyes and then opened them, her eyes widening a bit. "Wow! I can see...so much detail in everything!" she was very euphoric and walked around the room, looking at the details of it all.

Edited by TheDonald
  • Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu rolled his eyes, "Well, they can't all be especially useful. Sure there's a few situations where that might be desirable, but there are a number of other methods that don't leave you addicted. You're going to have hyper-accurate vision for two weeks now, how are you going to go back to your flawed vision?"

He shook his head as he looked about the room, "What else do we have here?"

He nearly passed over a mask that seemed to be made of pure glass, it was hard to look at as his eyes kept focusing on the wall behind the mask. He quickly found the book about it and read aloud, "Looks like this is a mask of invisibility, but not in a traditional sense. Rather than being invisible it makes it impossible for anyone to look directly at you or focus their attention on you for more than a moment before it makes something else seem more important. Even just sitting there unpowered it's hard to look at. It does have the downside that it only affects sentient creatures, lesser creatures like animals and non-sentient things like magical traps, will still be able to see you. So it would keep you safe from timberwolves, but the guards won't be able to target you."

When he tried to reach out for it its effect was more apparent, as he was having difficulty even grasping the mask to try it on, his hoof kept going too far to either side.

He tried to get Cali's attention, "Let's pit two artifacts against each other, can you see this mask?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali was very stunned at the mask. With her vision she was able to see it however its affects made it so even she had difficulties. “I can kinda see it...but not as well as one may think. That mask will be very useful for me. You can have the shadow staff,  the mind clearing one, as well as the no death one. But I'd like the vision vial, the mask...and the glasses for myself. You should drink from the other cup...but does that sound like a deal?” she asks with a sly, yet seductive grin on her face. That mask is very useful to her, considering her profession. She walked over and took it from him and put it on, wondering what would happen. In return she gave him the weapon he had found before as well as the cup. 

She poured water from her bottle into the cup, handing it to him. “Lets see what happens with you...” she said, once again slyly.

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 2

@Scar

Blu weighed his options, he wasn't about to say that he found this exchange quite weighted in his favor, but he was willing to go with it. He gave her the glasses as she passed him the dagger, though while she wore the mask it was very hard to remember where she was, so more accurately he held out the glasses for her to take and held out the glove to receive the dagger. "Sounds fair enough. But you can leave off the seduction, I've only got eyes for one mare on this continent, and while we may not agree on everything, I'm not going to be leaving her for a girl I just met. Coming from you anyway, it just feels insincere."

Still, Cali hadn't had any ill effects from the chalice, so he doubted he'd suffer from trying it, so he downed the contents and awaited their effects.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

After Cali got the various artifacts from him she had taken the mask off and slid it into her pocket. She sat down at the table. "Hm. My eyes are on no-one. At least in that manner...and at least from those of this world, I will say." she smirked slyly as he drunk down the contents. 

Depending on whether or not he was stronger than those who crafted this artifact, he would feel either stronger or weaker (as I don't know Blu's power level as well as you do).  "How do you feel? I felt weaker. Do you?" she asks curiously. 

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 2

@Scar

On 11/2/2020 at 10:32 PM, Scar said:

"How do you feel? I felt weaker. Do you?"

Blu rolled his eyes, "You were only weakened by the chalice because your ability beforehoof so far outshone the power that the chalice could give you. I on the other hoof..." He took a deep breath as he examined his abilities from within, "...wow. Is this how Princess Sparkle felt before? I can see where she got her confidence." He extended his focus to grab every book in the room, quickly organizing them with the artifacts they corresponded to, finding a number of supplementary books on the artifacts that they had already examined, assorted histories and the like. "If I had had casting potential like this when I first got here... I wouldn't have had to learn runemancy."

He sighed as he set the books down, "I could probably do more, but I need to pace myself, pulling too hard is what drives most mages to madness when they boost their powers, the extra magic fries their frontal lobe and all that. Still, while it won't make my constructs any stronger, it will make me more defendable in a fight."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"Seems as though it has made you much more powerful as opposed to mine. What you should do is drink from the cup every day so you can keep this amount of level. With the artifacts we have, we could very well take on Twilight Sparkle however...I want us to study everything in here as much as possible first. I want to gain the advantage more and more. I used to just wing things but that never ended up well...we need to come up with a plan." she sighed at the word plan. She really liked doing things on a whim but with all of this power, even she realized it must be tempered and kindled before absolute victory could be declared. 

"Now we have known all the artifacts in here...let's get back to learning. What sort of magic would you like to learn now? You can choose...or shall I?" she said with a sly grin on that face of hers. She already knew what she would study. Solar Magic. The Sun was the most powerful source of energy. What if she could harness it and perform spells through that of the sun? 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

On 11/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, Scar said:

well...we need to come up with a plan." 

It was Blu's turn to look sly, "Well, it's a good thing you decided to work with me then. I agree though, we want every single advantage we can get. We'll only have one chance to take her down, if we fail on the first attempt there won't be a second, unless you know a way out of the deepest pit of Tartarus."

On 11/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, Scar said:

What sort of magic would you like to learn now? You can choose...or shall I?

Blu thought a moment, "Hmm, perhaps if we focused our studies into magics that can align well with the artifacts we have? Since I've got this stadd of shadows it would be useful for me to learn shadow magic and more about the shadow creatures. You with the mask and the vision would be best looking into precision magic, since you can't easily be hit you'll have extra time to prepare more powerful and directed spells. I think our best interest would be to split up, each study to compliment rather than be identical in ability."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"I can pull myself out of just about anything. I was de-powered entirely...killed almost several times...but I found my way out but I'm not willing to push my luck ever again." she crossed her arms and smiled. "Search through anything you want. Only thing is, you'll have to find it." she smirked and started to walk away. She was going to let him do the searching himself this time. She had her mind set on one thing.

"It is funny how you mention powerful spells. What I am going to be studying will be the opposite of what you will study. Solar Magic. The Sun is the most powerful source in all the land, it feeds all life on this planet. It's energy shines constantly. Why not harness that and use it to create spells?' she asked as she went off to search. When she found the books about it she moved the table over there and began to read, sitting down. The shadow magic stuff would be in the next aisle over once he searched enough. 

• Brohoof 2

@Scar

21 hours ago, Scar said:

The Sun is the most powerful source in all the land, it feeds all life on this planet. It's energy shines constantly. Why not harness that and use it to create spells?'

Blu only muttered to himself as he wandered to start looking at what he could study, "You'd have to take it from Princess Sparkle first, but go ahead."

He wasn't concerned that Scar was leaving him to study for himself, he had wanted a moment to himself in this place after all. He pulled out another of his seeker gems and carefully reversed the detector rune. Now instead of going towards magic it would go away from it. Given how much magic was in the area, if there were any sort of magic draining materials or runes, the seeker would find it. The ability to nullify magic would prove far more valuable than any of the artifacts or spells they had discovered thus far.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Cali just continued to read. The Solar Magic she read first outlined the concept of Solar Magic - outlining it's uses from merely using the Sun's well of power to fuel other spells, or using the Sun's energy to craft weapons out of it's energy or turn it into beams, shields, etc. She just read and read, not practicing just yet. She had gotten used to the whole reading aspect since her time here and soaked up the knowledge with ease. But it would take a long time.

(Scar lol). The detector rune would go away from the walls, the shelves and books. It would seem to go towards a certain rune. This rune was above one lone book on alone shelf. It was labeled. "Nullification." but he could barely understand its writing. This book was quite old and dated from the looks of it. If he were to open up and read this book, which he probably would he would find the writing contained in it to be extremely difficult in reading, but if he managed it talked about how to nullify magic and magical constructs through constructing a certain...bomb that when detonated would remove all magic in that area for a certain period of time. It would have to be timed with a timer, as it couldn't last forever. It also talked about how it is possible to cast anti-magic spells however, those would be extremely complicated and require a long time to study. It did tell about how to perform such spells although it had a warning - mistakes would be extremely disastrous and long lasting. Given the writing, its possible he would mess up the understanding of what was said in this book.

• Brohoof 2