Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were you disappointed that there was never an official male Alicorn on the show?

AlicornSpell

Were you disappointed that there was never an official male Alicorn on the show?  

24 users have voted

1. 1. Were you disappointed that there was never an official male Alicorn on the show?

• Yes
    • No

I SO wanted for Sombra to be revealed as an alicorn because he deserves it for being a very powerful entity that also created and mastered a new kind of magic. We kinda sorta got an alicorn in the pony of shadows but not really. I needed a male alicorn! only because that would have been so cool!! :(

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I mean we got Princess Mac but I would like to see an official male Alicorn! Cosmos was originally supposed to be the first male alicorn due to being Princess Celestria and Luna eldest forgotten evil brother.  But they changed all that up and while I love the final Cosmos, another (female) draconequus, I think a male alicorn will be awesome to have especially if it was King Sombra. 

From what I remember there was supposed to be one in the S9 premiere but was eventually cut when they couldn't get the ideas they wanted. Kind of a shame, it would have been neat(though given my colorful thoughts on S9....)

There were many disappointments but this one was not among them. Still don't know what really happened to Flash Cardboard. Our opinions don't matter, so it must have been something pertaining to the target audience or soy policies. If that had not been the case H-Bro would have definitely pushed it through. That unknown assessment could be the reason for the lack of alicorn princes.

That didn't bother me because I already thought that 3 was already one too much. But I wanted to like Cadance and Twilight becomeing one never made one yota of difference, so whatever.

Also, I hate the idea of making a character a specific gender for that alone. And also, that is why they invented fanfiction.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

517053.gif
small.jpeg

...what do you mean animation errors aren't canon?

Background ponies are ponies too, ya know - heck, one of them's been on the main cast for years!

12 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

517053.gif
small.jpeg

...what do you mean animation errors aren't canon?

Background ponies are ponies too, ya know - heck, one of them's been on the main cast for years!

Those could be Pegacorn, which is a cross between Pegasus and unicorn. Not exactly an Alicorn. 

Well, I dislike Alicorns in general so I wasn't upset we didn't get a sixth one. If you ask me, they should've left it with three. That being said, if they did add a male alicorn, it would be interesting. I mean, I don't see a reason why a male couldn't become an alicorn.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, AlicornSpell said:

Those could be Pegacorn, which is a cross between Pegasus and unicorn. Not exactly an Alicorn. 

If we go with those kind of technisisms then "alicorn" is not the creature but the name of unicorn horn dust. That's what the name originally and correctly means. All winged horned horses are pegacorns as that is the right word to use.

Animation errors don't count. 

2 hours ago, Scar said:

Of course. We should have seen Celestia and Luna's parents. I always wanted that.

They are not alive. Also, I think Starl Swirl might be the father :wacko:

Just now, Scar said:

That whole Star Swirl theory I never believed in. I always believed their parents were Alicorns. 

Luna and Celestia have always been gods to me (born from above), until season 7's pillars ruined everything

3 minutes ago, Scar said:

The season 7 pillars should have never happened. 

Amen to that.

Josh Haber is also the reason for Flurry Heart and The Last Problem. Many Alicorn focused episodes. They are all conflicting or confusing. And the pillars should have stayed dead.

In fact, the kept Grogar (supposed to be very old, like before pillars) actually dead, but he could have been somepony interesting in the end.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/28/2020 at 1:52 PM, TBD 🚬 said:

Yes, I mean we got Princess Mac but I would like to see an official male Alicorn! Cosmos was originally supposed to be the first male alicorn due to being Princess Celestria and Luna eldest forgotten evil brother.  But they changed all that up and while I love the final Cosmos, another (female) draconequus, I think a male alicorn will be awesome to have especially if it was King Sombra. 

I wished they went with the long lost brother bit.
Though if things went just as what happened in the movie, it would make how the sisters got taken out hurt even WORSE due to Luna and Celestia can't do anything with family matters and needing to rely on the girls to do that for them or something.  It was bad enough for Celestia was forced to rely on other heroes to solve the NMM mess there(a huge family problem there), it would make her(and Luna) look really bad if they can't deal with anything from within their own family there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, Princess_Bellalatanya said:

71C9F527-0FA8-4E39-AB6D-1A3E5BD945EB.png

This person knew what he was doing when animating that. Too bad, there were not many Brones around to make a new Derpy out of him!

Also, the helmet might have a fake horn attached to it? But it is probably fake wings, since the horn is being shown working!