Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #90 (Season 10)

Rushing cash

The second part of AJ's team arc(zecora's arc) was released. What did you think of this?

Spoiler

Some things bothered me, other than questionable character moments(Zecora still feels off, tempest little "investigation"), especially how Meadowbrook appeared in one of Zecoras books with, in all likelihood, explanation of what she did and her "magical" abilities, and yet Zecora did not know who the mystical mask was in season 7(even if she did not know it was Meadowbrook, she could still suggest to look for Meadowbrook instead in this case. Maybe there was no real description in the book about her fits? And I really did not get the feeling that Zecora and the other creatures were actually friends, it felt a bit forced to me, but we will get more of them in the next issue.

MLP_FiM_90_CVR_A.jpg

MLP_FiM_90_CVR_B.jpg

It was okay, but nothing standout. I think the main purpose of this was to explain things, for it gave us insight into Zecora's past and information on the Zebralands.

I'll start off by saying that it was cool to see Zecora's past finally. The fact that she felt sad because of her lack of magic is something I wasn't expecting. In fact, it is reminiscent of the situation earth ponies are in. Speaking of which we learned that kelpies can manipulate the water and that abada have certain natural magic of their own. I am somewhat interested in kelpies and I am starting to like their designs (helps that they look a lot like ponies). Abada on the other hand I'm not a fan of. Their powers are a bit confusing and their designs aren't very good.

The setup for the next two issues is alright, but I'm not super interested. That being said, I'll still check them out when they come out.

The issue was OK, in my opinion.

Spoiler

I actually liked the bit with Tempest conducting reconnaissance. She still has her old habits, and I find it amusing. Zebraland lore is interesting, but I agree that it had some inconsistencies. I'm looking forward to more action and character interactions in future issues.

But there is one terrible thing about this comic: the rhymed "magic" with "tragic". It could only be worse if they rhymed "together" with "forever".

• 9 months later...

Thanks to this:

I can’t help but picture Medley Brook and Crystal having the same voices :mlp_icwudt:

Medley keeping her voice the same as Briar’s fits perfectly. But Crystal would sound baffling sounding like Bramble. I think she’s better sounding closer to either Fleetfoot or Bon Bon, other more fitting roles by Andrea Libman