Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health How much physical activity do you have on a daily basis?

zerox

I walk roughly 2000 steps a day which is half of the minimum necessary to not get sick. Sometimes I walk around the neighborhood and that makes about 3000 steps. Sometimes I do some wii fit for about 15 to half an hour but I'm not really used to do it every day. Maybe onceaot twice a week. 

Well, that is during this pandemic. I actually like to walk a lot and I can walk pretty long distances. But walking around the city is not really that enjoyable nor safe. There's barely any trees to cover you from the laser of death that is the sun and the asphalt pan effect is kinda harsh too.

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

I get a decent amount. I ride my bike everyday and my job requires a ton of moving back and forth on my feet. I also like to play the occasional game of catch or basketball, so as you can see...I move around a lot. ^_^

I do very little activity nowadays. Chronic pain that ramps up when standing/walking does that. I can do limited activities just fine - showering, cooking, and the like. But if I'm required to stand/walk for more than 20-30 minutes things start going downhill fast.

I go on walks for roughly an hour every day (Weather permitting of course) though I feel I need to do more than that. This will change once the snow gets here but for now this is what I've been doing but again, I can do much more than that. Maybe it's time to give the treadmill another go as it's just collecting dust right now.

• 2 years later...

I do about an hour of walking each day. Obviously, the weather doesn't always allow that, so on those days, I just use my home gym. :grin:

I walk around my apartment complex for several laps every day, rain or shine. It adds up to a mile or two, depending on how ambitious I’m feeling. Other than that, just everyday job stuff, which isn’t very strenuous. I put my weekly workouts on hold for now but I’ll get back to my 2-3 times-a-week gym by the end of the year.

• Excited 1

Nearly every summer or warm evening, I walk 30 to 40 minutes, perhaps up to an hour in my neighborhood.  I'm tapped with muscle jolted energy every time I do it:rarity:  

On 2023-06-01 at 5:42 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I walk around my apartment complex for several laps every day, rain or shine. It adds up to a mile or two, depending on how ambitious I’m feeling. Other than that, just everyday job stuff, which isn’t very strenuous. I put my weekly workouts on hold for now but I’ll get back to my 2-3 times-a-week gym by the end of the year.

Brilliant and positive activity Dreamy:eager:  

• 1 month later...

I'm not really sure.

I spend most of my days sitting at my desk working. But I do get up and pace back and forth a lot when thinking through things or while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil, which does add up to quite a bit each day. :catface:

I get a ton of physical exercise, some might even say too much. I work as a welder and fabricator on a shipyard, which involves some pretty strenuous physical work. It whipped me into shape pretty quick, not that i ever was out of shape, i've always been pretty fit but since being in this industry it's given me some muscle power. 

• 1 month later...

Historically, not much. I work in an office and don't prioritize exercise or physical activity like I should. I did recently sell my car though and am biking to work, so it's a bit different now. It is nice to know I'm doing something for my body, but I'm stuck with sore legs for the time being. Maybe I'll get more used to biking soon. :adorkable: