Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I want to redraw my oc and I might be looking for advices :)

Cursed-Fate

So basically I have an oc, it has a design as every oc has but it's still too much in my usual serious style, and i have quite the trouble adapting to such a lovely style that is mlp. I could always use character templates to proceed and make arts but I do feel like asking here could, in the first place, give me different ideas and opinions on ways to do it. And secondly, well its' also so that i get used to this website. My pfp and background image are one of the different form that my oc takes, the third outcome it is, and as you might have noticed, it wouldn't quite fit into the actual serie. So that's about it for that post. Have a nice day:squee:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Try draeing this to get used to the cuteness

images (14).jpeg

images (11).jpeg

imageproxy.jpeg

images (6).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

images (10).jpeg

Thamk:yay: I'll try sketching more mlp stuff.

Tho I feel like the thing that's holding me back is the fact that I don't live alone. So yeah, I still fear anyone barging in my room while I draw those cute fellows:blush:

• 1 month later...

I think it'd be a good idea to just study fanart that you like of the show and try to change your style organically.  Just practice with it, try to add elements from it that you like.  Your art style doesn't need to be a lookalike of the show or even well-known pony artists, I think we need more variety of styles.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Thuja said:

I think it'd be a good idea to just study fanart that you like of the show and try to change your style organically.  Just practice with it, try to add elements from it that you like.  Your art style doesn't need to be a lookalike of the show or even well-known pony artists, I think we need more variety of styles.

So I should be able to like, have all the general elements that makes mlp and that corresponds to the style partly, but not necessarily entirely. Ok it might be better this way, I'll try to progressively reach that point thanks:squee:

51 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Start by picking your favorite feature (eyes, ears, etc) and draw them a way that you wish they could’ve appeared on the show

Ohhh right, I should focuse on some parts yeah:yay: thanks for the idea:squee:

15 hours ago, Cursed-Fate said:

So I should be able to like, have all the general elements that makes mlp and that corresponds to the style partly, but not necessarily entirely. Ok it might be better this way, I'll try to progressively reach that point thanks:squee:

What I'm trying to say if look at things you like and try to go for that, you don't need to completely copy the show itself or even other artists.  Just try to find a style that works for you, something that'll be easiest for the way you draw.  You don't need to look like 100% similar to the show, you should be allowed to take artistic license with it and do something that you want to do.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

What I'm trying to say if look at things you like and try to go for that, you don't need to completely copy the show itself or even other artists.  Just try to find a style that works for you, something that'll be easiest for the way you draw.  You don't need to look like 100% similar to the show, you should be allowed to take artistic license with it and do something that you want to do.

Yeah, I understand that:fluttershy: my response was poorly formulated:sealed:. Thanks:squee:

Edited by Cursed-Fate
I didn't think this phrase through
  • Brohoof 1