Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say something nice about the pony you dislike the most

Ittoni

First to answer the topic: I don't really have a most hated pony. At worst, they're just forgettable and leave no impression on me. Now there's something I want to get off my chest.

Personally, I'm a little sad seeing those who had not a single nice thing to say about their hated pony. I mean the name of the topic is to say SOMETHING nice about your most hated character. And you can only claim you like their mane as faint praise so many times before the joke gets old. Heh.

But I guess I'm the kind of guy who always tries to look for some good no matter how small it may be regarding a character, episode, film, or such.  There's a trope called Good can't Comprehend Evil. well in my case, I'm just too good a person that when a person's personal opinions are filled with nothing but hatred for the subject in question, I sometimes feel like I just can't believe it and feel sadness. But as long as the other person doesn't say things like "how can you like this character I despite? What's wrong with you" to me, they can hate the character all they want. Just as long as the haters accept the fact that no matter how much they hate something, there's always going to be people like me who are okay with the thing even in spite of the character rage-inducing features.

My best example, Despite Zephyr Breeze being obnoxious and looking for excuses to not try at all, he actually has a very relatable fear of failure that many of us have gone through. It's because of him, his episode and his song that I was able to finish college. If it hadn't been for him I would have given up on getting my full education or even worse. I owe my life to his very existence

So the haters can personally hate Zephyr all they want but if they were say to me personally "Why don't you hate the character like everyone else? What's wrong with you?" I would not want to hang out with them because people need to accept the fact that different characters or whatever CAN and DO have their fans. Bringing us back to the trope, I guess contrary-wise I simply need to accept that there are people out there who hate something so much they don't have anything nice to say. So from now on, I won't say "What's wrong with you?" I'll simply say "That's a shame" and move on

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rainbowshine295 said:

Cheese Sandwich is a well-liked character and almost everyone likes him. So hate on Cheese would automatically be controversial.

Oh yeah that would be like me simply responded to Derpy as simply any ordinary Pony and her overzealous "fans" would want to crucify me just for acting like she's not God reincarnated. Okay that's a bit of an extreme example but you get my point

I don't hate her but I'm not overly excited about her either. Like every time she popped up on screen it's the same as just simply seeing the same person that walks by your house everyday; you enjoy their company or just give a simple nice weather we're having. Not worship the ground she walks on

• Brohoof 1

Flurry Heart:  I feel like they could have used her a lot more in the show given they gave her a chance to grow like say a comic spin off or etc,  shes highly under used if anything. :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 3

I was unfair regarding king sombra and his design. I used to think he looked like a cliché 80's cartoon villain for some strange reason. Also the color scheme, not that bad. It is certainly a defiant choice from its designers to deny the preconceived notions. It is actually a perfect and bold example of complementary colors. It tells you right from the start, that they were into something truly special.

Also, another thing I liked was his dialogue, to say so much with so little. There is a lot of space left for interpretation in his grunts. It blows my mind. As well as both his philosophical depth and intricate motivations. It is a mystery in and of itself. Anyone can look at it from a thousand different perspectives, and still find it difficult to define who king sombra is. "Who are you, king sombra?" I found myself asking repeatedly when watching the crystal empire. To the point I almost missed the entire plot. Not because it was boring or anything. But because it draws you in like an empty canvas full of possibilities. It is almost hypnotic. At that IS the point, you can ask everyone and get a completely different interpretation of his character. It is like a mirror. It helped me discover things I didn't even know about myself.

And there is almost an irony to his name. One would imagine his character would be quite flat. But, it is the entire opposite. I was the one not mentally ready to know sombra. To know more about myself.

I can't imagine how much time it must have taken them to design his character. And the way they introduced him to the show, it makes him so relatable despite his role as a villain. I really like this type of conflict, you know, when you cannot really tell which one is the villain.  Maybe they all are co-participants of the same crime, because of their shared complicit hypocrisy. But with a character like king sombra, you can never tell. To such a degree that I have come to think it was a missed opportunity not to have him replace twilight. And I've recently sent some e-mails to hasbro. They haven't answered, yet. But I know they are considering it.

7 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I was unfair regarding king sombra and his design. I used to think he looked like a cliché 80's cartoon villain for some strange reason. Also the color scheme, not that bad. It is certainly a defiant choice from its designers to deny the preconceived notions. It is actually a perfect and bold example of complementary colors. It tells you right from the start, that they were into something truly special.

Also, another thing I liked was his dialogue, to say so much with so little. There is a lot of space left for interpretation in his grunts. It blows my mind. As well as both his philosophical depth and intricate motivations. It is a mystery in and of itself. Anyone can look at it from a thousand different perspectives, and still find it difficult to define who king sombra is. "Who are you, king sombra?" I found myself asking repeatedly when watching the crystal empire. To the point I almost missed the entire plot. Not because it was boring or anything. But because it draws you in like an empty canvas full of possibilities. It is almost hypnotic. At that IS the point, you can ask everyone and get a completely different interpretation of his character. It is like a mirror. It helped me discover things I didn't even know about myself.

And there is almost an irony to his name. One would imagine his character would be quite flat. But, it is the entire opposite. I was the one not mentally ready to know sombra. To know more about myself.

I can't imagine how much time it must have taken them to design his character. And the way they introduced him to the show, it makes him so relatable despite his role as a villain. I really like this type of conflict, you know, when you cannot really tell which one is the villain.  Maybe they all are co-participants of the same crime, because of their shared complicit hypocrisy. But with a character like king sombra, you can never tell. To such a degree that I have come to think it was a missed opportunity not to have him replace twilight. And I've recently sent some e-mails to hasbro. They haven't answered, yet. But I know they are considering it.

Woah, you've written an entire essay!:ooh: 10/10 for this elaborated explanation. And I hope Hasbro replies to your mails.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Flim and Flam are... interesting villains? If I had to say ANYTHING nice about those two, it's that they are a very good representation about what I hate about narcissists. I still love their first song too. 

• Brohoof 2

The "Tell Your Tail" version of Hitch Trailblazer has a big chin that he can carry his food on. :P 

I don't dislike Hitch. This topic seemed like where this should go.

---

Juniper Montages' movie theater outfit is pretty cool. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1