Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Yoshi89!

Yoshi89

On the whole, I've been doing okay. I'm working slightly longer hours at my job. I'm an accountant completing personal tax extensions which are due the 15th. Even during a pandemic, I get the same last-minute people. I also have my gym which re-opened in August so there's that, too.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Yoshi89 said:

On the whole, I've been doing okay. I'm working slightly longer hours at my job. I'm an accountant completing personal tax extensions which are due the 15th. Even during a pandemic, I get the same last-minute people. I also have my gym which re-opened in August so there's that, too.

How was life was affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Yoshi89 said:

You know the drill. Ask me things!

Hello, BFFFF! How are you?

"Were you gone for a while or have I just not been seeing you around lately?"

Thank You *so* much for answering my question! :D

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Jonny Music said:

How was life was affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

At work, my busy season was pushed to July instead of April because the tax deadlines were extended. We also had to close our office to clients for a few months.

Usually, I make an effort to see some baseball games in person during the year which obviously didn't happen. I had a trip to Florida back in May that was cancelled. Instead, I went with some family members to Pennsylvania in August. I used to go to a bar trivia event every Wednesday but there's no telling if the group hosting it will ever return. As I mentioned before, my gym closed for five months.

I personally know of at least two who died of coronavirus: a client at work and someone within my school district. The former was pushing 90, and his son's auto shop had to be shut down for a while. The latter was three years younger than me although he had some underlying health problems.

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Were you gone for a while or have I just not been seeing you around lately?"

The second one. :kirin: I don't really post too often, only when I have a lot on my mind.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure if I've asked you this before, though when it comes to music, what would be your most favorite music genres?

Feel free to use examples of musicians and bands who mostly represent those genres.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

How many spring rolls can you shove in your mouth at the same time?

Haven't tried it before. Next time I order take-out, I'll let you know. ;)

2 hours ago, Jonny Music said:

Not sure if I've asked you this before, though when it comes to music, what would be your most favorite music genres?

Feel free to use examples of musicians and bands who mostly represent those genres.

It's really hard for me to pick because I like so many genres. I want to say my favorite era of music is the 1950s because of the many artists and influences that shaped rock and roll by the end of that decade. So much diversity from blues artists like Fats Domino or groups like the Clovers. Speaking of the Clovers, I firmly believe that they along with the vast majority of artists from when rock and roll was getting started are underrated and they deserve a lot more recognition. However, you can't go wrong with Elvis and the way he appealed to audiences his smooth voice and style.

Having grown up playing the viola in school, I also have a soft spot for music from the baroque/classical/romantic eras (although Schroeder from Peanuts also helped). My favorite composers tend to split the line between classical and romantic with the exceptions of J. S. Bach and Vivaldi. Tchaikovski was prolific in letting his music do the storytelling, specifically in his ballets, Romeo and Juliet and The 1812 Overture (he had cannons in that last one!). I also got into Arnold Schoenberg's work later in my college years since he challenged so many norms. When you're an artist, that's what you're supposed to do.

• Brohoof 2

You are given the chance to go back in time 1 year plus you have screenshots, files, etc of the news that has happened this year. What do you do with that? Do you inform people of the future? 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Scar said:

You are given the chance to go back in time 1 year plus you have screenshots, files, etc of the news that has happened this year. What do you do with that? Do you inform people of the future? 

At the risk of being called a psychic or a psycho, I would considering how things have changed since last year. And if they don't listen to me, then it'll be their fault.

4 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

What socks do you prefer using?

Tube socks. Always have, always will. They're easier to get on and off.

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

I must ask you the most serious question I can think of- on a scale of one to ten, how fabulous would you say that you are, Darling? 

Nine. I don't mean to sound vain, but only Rarity can be a perfect ten, darling. :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Favourite actor/actress? Actually, lets divide it up. Favourite actor and actress?

Gene Wilder has always been a childhood favorite of mine in Willy Wonka and Young Frankenstein. I also enjoyed his team-ups with Richard Pryor. Close second would be John Candy.

As far as actresses, I'm going the classic route and saying Katharine Hepburn. Bringing Up Baby had me laughing from beginning to end when I first saw it. She also proved adept in more serious roles such as The African Queen and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Scar said:

How did you come up with your username?

Yoshi is my favorite species in Super Mario Bros. and 89 is the last two digits of my birth year.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Yoshi89 said:

Yoshi is my favorite species in Super Mario Bros. and 89 is the last two digits of my birth year.

Cool! Yoshi's also my favourite character/species in the Mario universe.

That begs a follow-up, which is your favourite colour of a Yoshi?

Mine is green, as green is my favourite colour and that's how we know the first Yoshi to begin with, lol.

23 minutes ago, Jonny Music said:

That begs a follow-up, which is your favourite colour of a Yoshi?

Mine is green, as green is my favourite colour and that's how we know the first Yoshi to begin with, lol.

Yellow, ever since I've played Yoshi's Island. That's the one who got eaten by Prince Froggy. Such a fun battle.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?

And how do you feel about people who wear crocs/sandals with socks?

I don’t eat it. One because it’s gross and two my Italian roots would haunt me forever.

The second I’ve done a few times in my younger days. Don’t rat me out to the fashion police. :kirin:

• Brohoof 2

On 10/12/2020 at 5:34 AM, Yakamaru said:

If you had a billion Dollars, what would you do with it?

I would help out my family and friends with maybe $10 million of it. After taxes, I would donate almost all of it to charity or the destitute and be sure it goes to helping those in need.

• Brohoof 2