Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Annie

honk friend

2 hours ago, Annie said:

Hi, I'm Annie, I recently returned from a 2 year hiatus, and you can ask me questions here if you'd like. :eager:

Hello, Annie! How are you?

First off, welcome back to MLPForums! :squee:

Now for my question, I was wondering: Did you draw/animate your avatar yourself? It looks *really* unique. :grin:

Thank You SO MUCH for answering my question! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hello, Annie! How are you? Welcome back to MLPForums! :squee:

ty ty :P

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was wondering: Did you draw/animate your avatar yourself? It looks *really* unique. :grin:

It's a sprite from Night in the Woods! I believe the artist/animator for that game was Scott Benson. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Favorite guitarists?

Wow this one is tough! Off the top of my head Mick Mars and K. K. Downing are some of my absolute favorites. I guess some other notable mentions would have to be Bowie, Richard Kruspe, Brian May, and Stu Mackenzie. Probably a whole lot of others that just aren't coming to mind atm.

3 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Do you like going to concerts? If so, which concert is your favourite? Or alternatively, which band/artist would you like to attend a concert for?

I plan on seeing Ghost at some point once the 'rona lockdown is over. They're high on my to see list. I'd also really love to see Rammstein if they end up touring when it's safe to go out.

Best concert I've ever been to was Sabaton and Nightwish back in 2015, probably the highest energy event I've ever been to, at least while Sabaton was playing.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Annie said:

I plan on seeing Ghost at some point once the 'rona lockdown is over. They're high on my to see list. I'd also really love to see Rammstein if they end up touring when it's safe to go out.

Best concert I've ever been to was Sabaton and Nightwish back in 2015, probably the highest energy event I've ever been to, at least while Sabaton was playing.

Ooooooo, Sabaton!

Ok, related question.

Favourite Sabaton and Nightwish song? If hard to choose, top two songs from each.

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

Ooooooo, Sabaton!

Ok, related question.

Favourite Sabaton and Nightwish song? If hard to choose, top two songs from each.

For Sabaton, En Livstid I Krig and White Death

For Nightwish, Gethsemane and Dead to the World

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Fav Anime in the Sci-Fi genre?

Does Elfen Lied count? I think Elfen Lied counts. I'm gonna go with Elfen Lied.

Honorable mention to Evangelion and Gurren Lagann which I never finished, and Cowboy Bebop and Furi Kuri which I remember very little about.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, You said:

idk, fav animes, recommendations, which you hated? :P

Favorites and recommendations, JoJo's, Beastars, and K-On! off the top of my head.

As for anime I hate, this is kind of a long, boring, opinionated, and potentially triggering answer so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler

There's a LOT of anime I don't like, I'd say most of it. I kinda hold anime to the same standard as any other kind of cartoon and there are a lot of the tropes present in Japanese media that I kinda find reprehensible in general. I think the biggest one is kind of just the fact that there's a lot of unethical sexual depictions involving nonconsent and underaged characters. Goblin Slayer's first episode had an arguably pointless rape scene. No Game No Life was bogged down by how much Shiro was sexualized, the Alessi and Strength episodes in Stardust Crusaders were creepy as hell, Hideyoshi was kind of sexualized a lot in Baka and Test (which also hit a pet peeve of mine of playing gender identity and sexuality for jokes).

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. This is probably mostly just a problem with a lot of popular seasonal anime, but idk.

17 hours ago, You said:

...want to know mine? :umad:

Sure!

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Magic Note said:

What are your favorite video games?

Idk. Video games aren't really enjoyable for me anymore.

Maybe Fallout 4? I guess? Dunno.

Edit: I've mostly been playing lots of WoW and MW lately but I don't really have any "favorites" that come to mind.

Edited by Annie
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Annie said:

I already do! I hope to eventually start a band but I'm not really confident enough in my playing atm.

Ooooooo. On that topic, how far have you gotten in terms of playing?

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Yakamaru said:

Ooooooo. On that topic, how far have you gotten in terms of playing?

Still a novice actually, I picked it up way back in the early days of COVID lockdown so I'd have something productive to do while I was stuck working at home.

When I get confident enough in my playing I'll probably upload some content and post it here.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, SpookyEmerald said:

@Annie

I'm a big need, okay? I enjoy musicals. Lol.

What about you? Do you like musicals?

I don't really go out of my way to watch them or look for them, but I could probably think of a few musicals I enjoy.

Annie is obviously really good, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory probably qualifies, I also really like Hairspray.

1 minute ago, You said:

what happened in here in the last posts? i cant follow :mlp_wat:

Some old jokes about my name.