Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums & FiM anniversary Part 2

Lord Valtasar

Back then I was in a GTA forum and one user made a very brave "coming out" moment by admitting being a brony. Everyone, myself included, throw garbage at him as he was just playing around. As the days passed, I started to become more and more interested in the show. I DM'd him pretty much saying I would be glad to join the fandom and he linked me a link to a forum. I switched sides as now that forum -the GTA one- is now closed.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. I don't remember. It was during my University times. The earliest memories I have is seeing one of the episodes out of order. Next memory I have is that I THINK I watched 1st season. Then I created a lie to my friend saying I made a challenge I'll watch it all for a 6-pack of beers.

The challenge never existed. More sadly, neither did the beers. It took me about a year before I registered on first forums, which were RP centered. Once I got pulled into RP, I've made a lot of bew contacts (all of them sadly now forgotten). Then once things went downhill, I found asylum in these forums.

• Brohoof 1

I first got into the show back in 2011 right after season one finished! I gravitated towards the characters very strongly and it just snowballed from there. As for the forums, I used to browse forums of all sorts over the years, and my friend @Ziggy + Angel + Rain actually brought me over from a different forum I was active on in 2015! Now I pop in whenever life isn't too busy, and it's been a nice little ride over the years~ :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I know I'm late for this, but I'll post it anyway. How did I get into the show? Hoo, boy... where did I start? I guess with the beginning... I remember when I first saw promos for the Hub way back in fall of 2010, and I saw images of some of the cast from MLP: FiM. I thought nothing of it, as I wasn't into "little girls shows," let alone My Little Pony. Then, about a year and a half later, back in early 2012, I saw a lot of memes about MLP pop up, along with parodies and whatnot. I then found out about these people called "Bronies," which were apparently these adult male fans who liked My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I was honestly pretty appalled, I just thought to myself: "Dude, why the hell would you like a show that's for little girls? That's so stupid!" Anyway, my little brother's best friend (At the time) then visited one day and was watching a video by HotDiggedyDemon called "Apple.mov." I took a look at it, and I actually thought it was kinda... interesting. I then eventually decided to watch it for myself, and I actually enjoyed it. I then saw that there were more of these ".mov" videos, and I decided to watch them all, and again, I enjoyed them. I then later decided to give the show itself a chance, and turned on "Friendship is Magic, part 1" on Netflix. Once it got to the intro, I just thought to myself: "Oh, here we go... we've got about 5 minutes, then it's gonna be all about tea parties and dress-up..." But then, something horrible happened... I accidentally loved it. :dry: Just kidding! :laugh: I then continued on to watch every single episode I missed out on until I was all caught up. Then, in late July of 2014, I joined here, and I never looked back. And that's my story of how I became a Brony... :)

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned