Lord Valtasar

MLP Forums & FiM anniversary Part 2

Hard to believe that it's been this long, but I got into the show in early 2012, way back in the middle of season 2.  I am not really entirely sure what convinced me to watch the show, but I'm glad that I gave it a shot.  All I can recall was seeing memes and videos online, and I guess that got me to watch the show on a limb.  Which like I said before, I am happy that I decided to do so.  Now when it comes to how I got into this site, all I can really remember was watching a video about Ponyville Confidential, that somehow ended leading me here.  Either the forums were mentioned in the video itself, or it was mentioned in the description, but somehow it got me here, which I guess is all that matters.  Either way I'm glad that I got into the show and these forums as well.

Ten years ago, FiM wasn't even on my radar. The show came out during time that a lot of 80s shows were getting rebooted (Thundercats, Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, Voltron, etc..) and for me, it just got lost in the mix. At that time, I was watching the Thundercats reboot and I loved it but I don't think that I would have given FiM a fair shot to be honest. My first introduction to FiM was me babysitting my cousin and she wanted to watch it. I figured why not, it would keep her occupied. It was the episode Forever Filly. I was surprised by how mature it was dealing with siblings who are that far apart age wise. It hit home because of how my brother and I are. Anyway, when the episode was over she asked if she could watch another one. The next one she put on was The Perfect Pear. By the end, we were both wrecks. I asked her if this was really a show intended for kids. At that point, I started watching the show from the beginning. Unfortunately a lot of stuff was ruined like Twilight becoming a Princess and her castle but it was still a great ride. Once I was caught up with season 7 (this was before season 8 started), I looked online to see if there were any forums where I could post my thoughts on the series. The rest you can say is history.

I feel like the ponies and everypony here have been my best friends for years and I wouldn't trade any of you for anything. I will always have fond memories of waking up and joining everyone in the forum lounge for coffee and muffins. :grin:

(edited)

Before this forum even existed, I was a mainstay over at the Sonic Stadium Message Board. Back when Season 1 was peaking, avatars of characters from the show began to appear. The first one I saw was Angel Bunny, so I thought there was some connection to Alice in Wonderland. Well, in July of 2011, I decided to give it a shot, starting with Part 1 of the pilot. Well, as you can see, I got hooked and never looked back.

This video below is one of my first introductions to the brony fandom. Needless to say, it still cracks me up. :laugh:

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Wow!

A personal video from Lauren herself? That’s pretty damn amazing. I love it 💕 

Back then I was in a GTA forum and one user made a very brave "coming out" moment by admitting being a brony. Everyone, myself included, throw garbage at him as he was just playing around. As the days passed, I started to become more and more interested in the show. I DM'd him pretty much saying I would be glad to join the fandom and he linked me a link to a forum. I switched sides as now that forum -the GTA one- is now closed.

It's hard to believe that come November 10th, it will have been 4 years since I have been a part of this forum and community. I've liked mlp and fan-shows since at least 2011, though.

I don't know. I don't remember. It was during my University times. The earliest memories I have is seeing one of the episodes out of order. Next memory I have is that I THINK I watched 1st season. Then I created a lie to my friend saying I made a challenge I'll watch it all for a 6-pack of beers.

The challenge never existed. More sadly, neither did the beers. It took me about a year before I registered on first forums, which were RP centered. Once I got pulled into RP, I've made a lot of bew contacts (all of them sadly now forgotten). Then once things went downhill, I found asylum in these forums.

I first got into the show back in 2011 right after season one finished! I gravitated towards the characters very strongly and it just snowballed from there. As for the forums, I used to browse forums of all sorts over the years, and my friend @Ziggy + Angel + Rain actually brought me over from a different forum I was active on in 2015! Now I pop in whenever life isn't too busy, and it's been a nice little ride over the years~ :fluttershy:

Badges

I know I'm late for this, but I'll post it anyway. How did I get into the show? Hoo, boy... where did I start? I guess with the beginning... I remember when I first saw promos for the Hub way back in fall of 2010, and I saw images of some of the cast from MLP: FiM. I thought nothing of it, as I wasn't into "little girls shows," let alone My Little Pony. Then, about a year and a half later, back in early 2012, I saw a lot of memes about MLP pop up, along with parodies and whatnot. I then found out about these people called "Bronies," which were apparently these adult male fans who liked My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I was honestly pretty appalled, I just thought to myself: "Dude, why the hell would you like a show that's for little girls? That's so stupid!" Anyway, my little brother's best friend (At the time) then visited one day and was watching a video by HotDiggedyDemon called "Apple.mov." I took a look at it, and I actually thought it was kinda... interesting. I then eventually decided to watch it for myself, and I actually enjoyed it. I then saw that there were more of these ".mov" videos, and I decided to watch them all, and again, I enjoyed them. I then later decided to give the show itself a chance, and turned on "Friendship is Magic, part 1" on Netflix. Once it got to the intro, I just thought to myself: "Oh, here we go... we've got about 5 minutes, then it's gonna be all about tea parties and dress-up..." But then, something horrible happened... I accidentally loved it. :dry: Just kidding! :laugh: I then continued on to watch every single episode I missed out on until I was all caught up. Then, in late July of 2014, I joined here, and I never looked back. And that's my story of how I became a Brony... :)