Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums & FiM Anniversary Part 3

Randimaxis

The people on these forums are the best part.

The things we talk about, the connections we make, the stories we tell... all of those things are REAL, and we cherish every moment of it, don't we folks?  It's the stuff that sticks with us from this wonderful little corner of the internet, the magic that we find in the friendships we make here that make it such an incredible thing that we've come this far... and we plan to keep going, of course.

For this third installment, we would love for you to share those moments with us; the specific points where the folks here made that spark of a connection with you.  No long lists of names, now - we have other threads for that *chuckle*; I mean key moments where someone (or some ones) shared some of that magic with you personally.

Be it a roleplay moment that was epic, or a conversation that became a dear part of your memories, or possibly even a meetup where you got to see them in person - tell us of the moments when the adage ''friendship is magic'' REALLY happened to you.

And now, your final gift... and of course, who else to present it but our beloved draconequus expert:

Thank each and every one of you for lighting up our lives, our hearts, and our cutie marks.

Excelsior!

• Brohoof 10

I don't have much to say about my experience here since I just recently joined the Forums, but I will say that I'm glad to have joined regardless and thanks to Peter New, Tara Strong, and now John de Lancie for coming out and celebrating with us.

• Brohoof 2

Before I started working on the weekends in September 2017 I actually would attempt to go and do a Meetup with other Bronies once a month on 1st Saturdays. One of them would even bring a outdoor generator and we would watch the latest episode together and the one of the last times I ever got to do I'll meet up like that we all saw the Perfect Pear together so I got to share the emotional reaction with other people in person and not just simply reading somebody's experience in text only on the internet. being able to hear and share reactions for better or worse with real people is so much better than just reading l text long after the fact.

As mentioned in another topic, @Loyal Defender became one of my best friends a few years ago because of FiM. We have wonderful time together. And it was so wonderful to commission @MonsoonVisionz make a picture of our OCs together

willwithnoglasses_by_monsoonvisionz_de3p47y-pre.thumb.jpg.d590c242b5a544166cd961d033d12d9b.jpg

• Brohoof 1

The most important thing of course was when I start becoming friends with my now best friend @BastementSparkle.

Others was meeting an user from here for real(Unfortunalty for whatever reason said user got banned here)

And of course the 2 years from 2014-2015 in the count to a million thread, i was hanging out the most of my spare time, which shows beeing the user - by far - with the most posts in this forum XD

• Brohoof 1

The highlights that stand out for me are the day I joined, the day we had Hug Day, and just yesterday on the 10th Anniversary. :ticking: Those were the days where I felt the most proud to be a part of this community where I’ve made so many friends. :kindness:
To name but a few of my best friends, I remember my closest friend, @Midnight Danny, telling me that I was the nicest person he’d ever met on the forum. :wub: I remember my other closest friend, @DivineNightmare1000, showing me how much they loved the Princesses and being amazed at all the art they’d share. :sunbutt: I remember seeing @BoneSoldier feeling terrible about something and telling them not to worry and them saying Thank You to me. :mlp_please: I remember being ecstatic when @Lucky Bolt returned. :ninjadash: I remember when @AppleButt showed me the beautiful videos they’d found. :mlp_icwudt: They are such amazing friends and I’m so happy to know them. :pinkie:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

I was never the best or the most faithful in my time here, however from what I do know is that I have made friendships on this forum that will last for many years to come. I may have not been into the mane 6 or the show itself all that much, but the reason why I am here is because of the community.

When the world is falling apart, when you have no voice or say in the matter, when you have nothing left - friendship is the only thing you can fall back on. 

• Brohoof 2

I cannot stress to tell you the story how @Jesse Terrence changed my future, or how @Pentium100 have given me hope where it was none.

I have many friends here, some which I talk to regularly. Hi *waves* :yay:
I think the most important is to never judge people based on their views on life, their beliefs etc. I have gotten so much, and my life has been enhanced by the people I have met at this forum. And I hope to meet more of you! :kindness:

So I just came back from 2 hours of work, that me and @Pentium100 have discussed for over 6 months now, how to build a working telephone system, based on old information I have collected as well as old phones of course. When I say we have talked for 6 months, I mean, there hasn't been a clear solution to the problem, only guesses from my side, and the knowledge he has provided has been key to the success I got today. And just so you know, we don't share the same political view. Does it really matter? My telephones are working great now!

I wish I could tell exactly what @Jesse Terrence did, but I cannot, other than say it is 4chan related (a place I don't visit, and I probably never will). Being able to have friends that are willing to help you out, even when you didn't ask for it, and by luck, or who knows, just got me the very thing I needed the most in my life.

I can go on, with lists of people, that I might just talk to randomly, or that quote me and read my terrible jokes (mostly about Bronies). The main thing is, we are here, together. Why waste a good friendship?

On 10/11/2020 at 1:29 AM, SpookyBrony42 said:

Nice impression of Discord @Randimaxis ok that joke is old. I liked meeting people at the final BronyCon. It was bitter sweet. 
:blush:

For a seconds there, it was true. I laughed

• Brohoof 2

I've really been debating trying to do another blog, maybe with video this time. But for the emotional wreck that I was when I did the audio recording for MLPF just after Bronycon, I'm kind of frightened of the idea. I don't want to do a repeat of the blubbery mess that the auditory thought-stream was.

22 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Participating in the MLPF World Cup with my Best Wrestling Buddy For Five-ever @Denim&Venöm and making it as far as we did is something

special that I will never ever forget! :D

I might as well let this cat out of the bag now. If not for the Equestrian pseudo-political mudslinging between myself and @Denim&Venöm during the world cup matches, Luna's "campaign speech" video might not have happened. I had the idea of doing a promotional video and knew I wanted to make one, but I didn't yet know what the theme should be or how to approach it. That is, until about a week of back&forth bickering about a conspiracy involving Luna trying to use Grogar's siege to her advantage; the end goal being a coup against Celestia.

Something I should have done by now (considered writing it for the last winter solstice), but haven't, is tell the tale of my bizarre adventure with Luna, leading up to, and through the world cup event. That seemingly innocent game altered the fundamental fabric of my life in ways, that looking back on it, is still downright mind-boggling. I'll try to get it out for Nightmare Night.

• Brohoof 1

I've had a lot of nice interactions on these forums! The support I've gotten and the friendships I've made, even if I haven't been overly active, I'll cherish all that forever. I hope that the adventures to come on these forums will be just as memorable. Love you all so much! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Events, Roleplay and Game Forum.

I can list all the things I had feel connected to because simply just having fun with a lot members here. Most of them are now my friends (and you know who you are) and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have my Team Moon where I and @BornAgainBrony helped in getting the team together to make the world cup fun for everyone. I have my RP teams who we all joined and have fun role playing and hence how we got along well as friends. It was the reason why I joined to become a RP staff, because RP is one of the reason how I was able to feel connected to some members here when it's hard for me to put myself out and make friends. So I also wanted to thank @Jeric,  @Randimaxis and others who trains and helped me with the staffing, to get me where I am today. (and heck I'm still lost :ButtercupLaugh:

Game forum...Yes I meet a handful of great and fun members and some are my friends-frenemy  and they also helped me feel connected because we all just goofballs there! 

I have a lot great friends, you know who you are, since I have so much to list. Thank you all who had talked, befriended, and connected with me and also can take my dark humors, I can't thank you guys enough to make me feel like this is my second home. 

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned