Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are You an Adventurous Eater?

Fluttershutter

I’m perfectly happy eating the same things every day—eggs, sandwich, pasta, repeat—but when my cousin visited this past summer, she insisted on eating something different every day. Every meal was a struggle to find, order, and have her enjoy, but I was fine with eating whatever she wanted us to get. 

If I don't have the slightest idea what it is or could be like and it doesn't look gross, I'll give it a go. Most things I can get a grasp of pretty quickly from having watched a lot of cooking shows, and I'm a picky eater so there's a good chance I'll decline to try something if I've experienced those flavors negatively in a other setting. But new fruits, vegetables, and meats on their own I'm game for.

Update: My girlfriend says I'm not an adventurous eater because I never like the new things I try :laugh:

Edited by SharpWit

Not really. By tradition everyone should try at least once roasted cricket tacos but I'm not that adventurous. Nor to drink pulque if it's true how it's the fermentation process. Normally I just try safe good looking things, the most adventurous I've been is eat octopus and frog. 

Edited by Ittoni

10 hours ago, Scar said:

No not at all, I have a very narrow view of what I want to eat and what I don't. I don't eat meat, I don't eat vegetables either.

OE5sB6cOn-SCNEcddVKZrGVfkXiQk3hmYYppqmzS

It's really kind of hard to find new things to eat these days.

A while ago I was really excited to try Ethiopian food. I really liked it but the restaurant is far away from me. :unamused:

I tried some toasted ants once and didn't like them. Insects are basically just shell around some guts. But I'd try the crickety things if I could get them around here.

I'd love to try goose for the holidays but my family. :unamused:

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely not, I have a bad gag reflex that oftentimes prevents me from eating foods I like. With other foods I can tell right off the bat at this point whether that's going to happen or not, and thus I don't even try them.

I have noticed that people that cannot eat onions cannot eat anything new or adventurous, ever. Am I right? As a child, it is important to get fed an onion early in life so that they can enjoy all exotic food in their future

7 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I have noticed that people that cannot eat onions cannot eat anything new or adventurous, ever. Am I right? As a child, it is important to get fed an onion early in life so that they can enjoy all exotic food in their future

Lol maybe. I love onions.

11 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

Lol maybe. I love onions.

My real name is Onion Splash, and I love to eat any kinds of onions! You can call me Splashee though :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

I like to try new dishes. Eating the same old thing all the time is boring and I don't enjoy food that doesn't interest me or engage my imagination. If it's ordinary it's nothing more to me than a necessary exercise to maintain life. I especially prefer Asian cuisine for it's diversity and constant surprises.

Yes, I love to try new things, even if they look bad or smell bad. Adventure comes in all shapes and sizes, and that includes the world of food. If it’s outside the comfort zone it immediately gains bonus points because it becomes memorable and interesting. If it’s too spicy I remember the pain. If it’s disgusting I remember the discomfort in trying to get it down at all. If it’s yummy I have found a new culinary fixture to expand my repertoire. Anything can be ordinary, and where’s the fun in that? It may not make me nauseous or uncomfortable, but it’s boring. And boring is not something I strive to add to my menu.   

• Brohoof 1