Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your profession?

Muffinnz

I work at Disneyland (or should say worked at Disneyland when they were still open for business). I loved the job more than anything I’ve ever done and wanted to do it forever, but certain age restrictions prevented my keeping the same position so I had to change duties a little while back. I still work in the same department, supporting the younger cast members, but it’s not nearly as fun. I still love it though and I hope to get back to doing it one of these days. 

• 2 months later...

Right now I'm a professional NEET lol :muffins:

Though in better times I worked as a process engineer (designing stuff and building controllers to automate the process).

I do some not so legal things to video game consoles nowadays for a few bucks, but that's not a profession on itself.

Gonna apply for a teacher spot in my hometown's middleschool. I'm also gonna try for a master degree in bioengineering past half this year (pretty much just getting a master on my current speciality). What comes afterwards is blurry. I'll figure things out as they come, I guess.

• Brohoof 2

I am a student in geology, but at the moment, I need money (and thanks to Covid-19, the universities are closed) and so, I work in a warehouse of a company who makes working clothes for different other occupationel fields like in hospitals, emergency medical services or food trade.

• Brohoof 1

Can I just do that warcry from 300?  Can that be my answer?  :laugh:

Spoiler

In reality, I'm a professional deadbeat.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:11 PM, Kyoshi said:

My profession is being completely useless. That's all I've got. I could be dead and buried and very likely have more value. At least then I would be food for the soil. 

Okay, this is gonna make me sound a monster, but this made me laugh so hard.  Don't get me wrong--it's funny because I relate.  I'm the same way.  I mean, I've talked to you enough times, Kyoshi, you probably know that I'm basically in the same position as you.  It was just funny because I feel the same way and... idk... just something about the way you phrased it.  I dunno... just made me laugh.  So... there you go--if you can make someone laugh, then you're not useless!  That made my day, actually.  It really did.  And on a crappy day that really needed making, too.  That's real value.  I mean, it may seem kinda twisted I guess, but, y'know, lookin' on the bright side, finding the little joys, something something lemonade.

Currently part-time package handler at FedEx, part-time fursuit maker. I hope to be able to make fursuits and other costumes full-time someday. I love doing it. It's not exactly the most lucrative of jobs, and the pay is wildly inconsistent to the point where some of the largest makers see over $10k earned one month and just a few hundred in other months, but I'd much rather work a job I love earning $25k a year than a job I hate earning $100k. As long as I can scrape by financially, I'll take an enjoyable job over high wages any day.

For now, at least, it's good to have some form of stable pay. FedEx pays pretty good, and while the work is difficult and hectic at times, it's not too bad most days, and they treat their employees very well. Plus, I never have to see a single customer. Just my small band of 12 coworkers and any delivery drivers that come through.