Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Post your unpopular technology opinions

Reecejackox

3 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

OMG YES! I wish there were more phones with a keyboard, especially in stores
also it's so annoying the Key2 has went up in price on the used market recently (key2 LE went for around 350£ here and now goes for around 500£ on the used market, and the full key2 starts to approach the cost of a new iPhone 12)

Folks are seeing what they can still get before the revived BB gets released in 2021/22. I just use a KeyOne. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Folks are seeing what they can still get before the revived BB gets released in 2021/22. I just use a KeyOne. 

yeah, true
I really hope for a Blackberry Torch Classic with the same size of the Priv
I'm very wry of getting the Keyone (cause of the age of the devices now, and I don't want to get a phone I have to send off somewhere to get the battery fixed cause it's died)

50 minutes ago, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

yeah, true
I really hope for a Blackberry Torch Classic with the same size of the Priv
I'm very wry of getting the Keyone (cause of the age of the devices now, and I don't want to get a phone I have to send off somewhere to get the battery fixed cause it's died)

As interesting a concept that is, I'm hoping they go back to what worked at their peak, a Bold style device in the vein of the 9900 or even the Classic. They aren't gonna beat other brands by copying their formula of touch screen slabs. Focus on that niche of keyboard users. Or heck, maybe give horizontal sliders a try. Kinda surprised they never did that. 

If you're wary of a KeyOne, then a Key2 won't be much better. Only a year difference. 

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

As interesting a concept that is, I'm hoping they go back to what worked at their peak, a Bold style device in the vein of the 9900 or even the Classic. They aren't gonna beat other brands by copying their formula of touch screen slabs. Focus on that niche of keyboard users. Or heck, maybe give horizontal sliders a try. Kinda surprised they never did that. 

If you're wary of a KeyOne, then a Key2 won't be much better. Only a year difference. 

yeah, that would be a good idea, the main problem with all of the really fun and unusual designs (for 2020) is Android, as it's geared to atleast a 16:9 display nowadays, and most apps work best in portrait and act funny in landscape

yeah, sometimes a year helps with batteries a lot (especially with how good Blackberry batteries are from the factory)

• Brohoof 1

Generic brand laptops are better than name brand. Same quality for a much better price!

I also don’t see what’s so great about all the newest tech items like voice-activated speakers, smart TVs, etc. All I need is a laptop and phone.

On 10/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, Spoopy said:
  • The Nintendo Wii is a horrendously overrated console. Mostly because of the library, but also because it's based on a dumb gimmick.
  • The N64 is a solid console, but the controllers are HORRENDOUSLY designed. Like why three handles? We only have two hands.

The Wii motion controls could have been a legitimate innovation if the Wii Motion Plus had been integrated into the controller from the beginning. Introducing it years after the Wii's release meant that the market for games which would require it was limited (as is always the case with games requiring non-standard-issue hardware). So instead we got games which replaced "press button" with "wave controller like feather duster".

As for the N64 controller, how about the analog stick? Specifically, the tendency for the ball joint to wear out, leaving you with a bunch of plastic dust and a loose stick.

On 10/14/2020 at 1:27 PM, Chad327 said:

- Google's should just mainly stick to their search engine.

To be fair, they've made pretty impressive progress with their self-driving cars.

1 hour ago, HedonismBot said:

As for the N64 controller, how about the analog stick? Specifically, the tendency for the ball joint to wear out, leaving you with a bunch of plastic dust and a loose stick.

There's also that but the three handles was just the most obvious design flaw that just makes the controller plainly uncomfortable to use.